The 3A Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, wanted to ask a question as i found the official oages to be confusing.

When i (in the uk) buy something from Bambaland (US) the amount i pay doesn't match the currency exchange rates on XE at the time, i've been looking at fees and it seems the most likely thing is a 3.9% fee from paypal for a cross border transaction, but when i calculate it still doens't match up right.

Since i'm going to be getting more and more things from bamba in future i want to best calculate how much something will be for me in GBP

(also in the transaction history for my Fighting JC payment, the fees area in the breakdown is listed at $0.00 :dunno

I think you will find that the exchange rate that paypal uses doesn't equal the exchange rate at the time of purchase......seen it since day one with paypal, its not a bamba thing.

I always use XE as a guide when making purchases but I guess you could use the converter in Paypal before making the purchase to get a better indication of the rate that may happen.....I guess I'm just used to the horrible rate they use.

My first de Plume.

2012-04-23_17-46-51_549.jpg

Its my second ThreeA. I got a 1/12th bot that I really liked but this is my first 1/6th. Its perfect. That's the best description I can give with out resorting to grade school "awesomes".

I have the Fantome on the way too, so Ill have the pair.

Its my second ThreeA. I got a 1/12th bot that I really liked but this is my first 1/6th. Its perfect. That's the best description I can give with out resorting to grade school "awesomes".

I have the Fantome on the way too, so Ill have the pair.

You're gonna be hooked Robbie.

I got Tommy Red delivered, then a few days later bought a 1/12th Armstrong, a 1/6 Bomb Square and today bought a Fat Drown Ankou.

Got Rex and Palm in the Face JC pre-ordered and have got plans for at least 4 more :lol

I started less than a year ago and have well over 30 in hand and on pre-order. I think I actually lost count, it may even be around 50 by now? That's more than I was buying in about 5 years of other companies combined! I've found my new addiction.

I started last October, and once all of the AK retail comes, I will have well over 50, and much more on preorder. Sucks that my purchases will be few and far between come June, after I move I'm not going to have much "fun money".

Halo figures are looking sweet! I dunno if I want Carter per se, but what the heck, I'm almost guaranteed to order this one.

Spartan armor in 1/6 with 3A quality weathering?? Must have for me.

fLzs7.jpg

Carter looks awesome. Not a halo fan at all, but i do dig the design of spartans, that plus ThreeA and i'm sure to pick this up. But if it has a rubber under-suit, then i'm out.

Definitely getting these Halo Reach figures, and glad I held off on the PlayArts figures. Also super stoked about Metal Gear Rex. I've been wanting a model or toy of that for ages now, looks super rad! Hope they do a GEKKO and Ray as well, they will be pre-ordered Johnny-on-the-spot(!!!)

Back