The 1/6th Aliens License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still, that too is the superhero genre and Batman. HT's bread and butter used to be Aliens and Predator and Terminator. Not anymore though. They'll give us a smattering here and there but primarily Superheroes is where its at for them now.

Notice the new licenses announced are all from 2013 movies, or at least a fair amount of them. And if not, like the older bats, they are relevant to newer franchises. Nothing new is happening on the Alien and predator front, the hype isn't there

And yet there is supposedly an announcement of a new Predator film this week. :eek

And yet there is supposedly an announcement of a new Predator film this week. :eek

Ahh come on:slap

They need to stop making predator films.
The first 2 were good then it all went **** up.:cuckoo:

Sadly hot toys are boring these days and have no original ideas and just cash in on the newly released films.

Yes younger people do have more expendable income and it makes buisness sense, but where is the loyalty to the collectors and film lovers that put them where they are?
There is still alot to be done but it won't be by them.

If you want a 1/6 colonial marine pick one up 2nd hand and get a repainted head, best your gunna get.:wave

I disagree.

Hot_Toys_1966_Batman_Robin.jpg

Better then getting figures of Aliens Colonial Marines. :lecture

Awwwww come on!!! More Batman 66!!! In a year we are getting Moebius Models model kits, NECA in 7" and 1/4 series and now Hot Toys too? Batman fans are going to be holy-happy, on my side i would prefer a diversification of themes instead of 3 big firms doing versions of the same series, even if the format is different in every case. Is like a Bat-flood all sudden!

I am still holding out hope that Hot Toys will crack out a Hicks and Hudson 2.0 if only for the sake of doing accurate headsculpts. I really wish I had been into collecting HT around the time these came out as Aliens and the USCM are two of my favorite things.

Also they aren't announcing a new predator film at SDCC, all that hoopla was for the re-release of Predator in 3D.

If you were anti-new pred film, then no worries! The hype around Predator and SDCC was about....ugh...a re-release of the classic in 3D!:slap

EDIT, didnt realize Scareb had just said this

Last edited:
He's way past crippling them. Hot Toys should give up their Alien & Predator licenses and let someone who cares have a go.
well, recently tankman cared.
what nightmare was his work turned into?

That IS a serious response.

HOt toys holds the alines liscense still, yet, if its not Nolan Batman, or Iron man related, HOt toys is in no hurry to make it.

Captain Harlock anyone?

i think howard said in an interview he'll show the harlock figures when the movie gets nearer to opening in theaters later this year.

I do agree that we don't get enough Predator and Alien Hot Toys, specifically Aliens. But, then I look at my shelf and see that in the last five years I've purchased: Classic Pred, Berserker, Tracker, Falconer, Noland, City Hunter, Shadow, Predalien (maybe 6 for him), and Big Chap! Maybe it just seems like we don't get enough...

And I could've thrown Royce into that list but didn't act fast enough in snatching him up. :thud:

Well they decided to redo their whole Pred line, Aliens isn't out of the realm of possibility. But I don't see it anytime soon.

I'd pay $219 for a Xeno from Aliens. I'd probably buy 2. Favorite movie of the franchise. Wouldn't be interested in any Marines other than Hudson and Hicks. Maybe Vasquez.

My Preds need an Alien to pose with, maybe a Marine aswell. It would definatly pull me back into Hot Toys. As of now, I'm holding out for 66 Batman.

Awwwww come on!!! More Batman 66!!! In a year we are getting Moebius Models model kits, NECA in 7" and 1/4 series and now Hot Toys too? Batman fans are going to be holy-happy, on my side i would prefer a diversification of themes instead of 3 big firms doing versions of the same series, even if the format is different in every case. Is like a Bat-flood all sudden!

Mattel is also making six-inch figures. If you're genuinely curious as to why all this '66 Batman Merchandise is coming out this year, it's because after a very long time tied up in legal limbo, the license to the show finally became available last year.

Mattel is also making six-inch figures. If you're genuinely curious as to why all this '66 Batman Merchandise is coming out this year, it's because after a very long time tied up in legal limbo, the license to the show finally became available last year.

Really? So does that mean we will get the TV show on DvD and Bluray???

Back