Thanos and Mistress Death Polystone Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure exactly what it was because I did a few things. I believe it was removing the paint from the plug in Thanos' foot with a very smooth sandpaper. You can also use rubbing alcohol and a q-tip to clean all the connections.

Oh ok, I thought there was more than that since I remember you being really pissed off the day you got your replacement.

A quicky pic of a moody Thanos in his new home...

thanosMoody_01.jpg

Now THAT is nice!!!! Mainly lighting on that pic to make it NOICE!!!!

Not much PS'ing and great lighting :rock

Oh ok, I thought there was more than that since I remember you being really pissed off the day you got your replacement.
On second thought, I'm positive it was the sanding of the foot plug. I cleaned the connection points when I received it and it still didn't work. It's easy to remove it pretty quickly, so no big whoop. I used something like 400 grit sandpaper.

Now THAT is nice!!!! Mainly lighting on that pic to make it NOICE!!!!

Not much PS'ing and great lighting :rock
Thanks, Broski. Yeah, that's how he's lit inside his new cabinet. I am diggin' it. The only Photoshop done on that pic was the addition of the frame and the Barbarian Studio watermark. Otherwise, it's naked. :)

Thanks, Broski. Yeah, that's how he's lit inside his new cabinet. I am diggin' it. The only Photoshop done on that pic was the addition of the frame and the Barbarian Studio watermark. Otherwise, it's naked. :)

Quality Barbs, amazing shot!!!

The Barbarian is what I call a true friend!!!! :lecture :duff

edit: yah I have all kinds of gadgets to work on him if something comes to that point, I'm ready!!!!
raiseroof.gif

A quicky pic of a moody Thanos in his new home...

thanosMoody_01.jpg

You barbaric teaser you. What a fantastic shot! But why only one?:( We are always expecting multiples, but I guess with this type of quality, we should consider ourselves lucky, ..........& just run with it.:wave

You barbaric teaser you. What a fantastic shot! But why only one?:( We are always expecting multiples, but I guess with this type of quality, we should consider ourselves lucky, ..........& just run with it.:wave
:lol Sorry, deev! Don't have much time these days because I'm working my ass off to pay for statues. I only had time for the one shot of T in his new digs. I'll take some better pics when I get a chance.

Dang it Barb, now I want it again. I cancelled my waitlist and now I am on a waitlist again. I doubt it will convert though :monkey2
HAHA.jpg

Just kiddin'. It could still convert. I talked to SS yesterday and the rep told me they still have some trickling in, so there is a chance. Good luck, brother!

Dang it Barb, now I want it again. I cancelled my waitlist and now I am on a waitlist again. I doubt it will convert though :monkey2

I'm sure your not the only one to be moved into purchasing a piece after viewing Barb's pics. The man has some mad skills. Good luck on your conversion Mamba. This piece is worth getting. Thanos just looks so sinister and evil. This is a great dio.

:)
I'm so glad that people here are finally getting their non-broken Thanos'. I've been silently worrying for all of you this whole time. Now, maybe my inexplicable guilt over getting an intact one out of the gate shall subside.

mine came with cheap chinese labeled batteries already installed. luckily there was no acid leakage. my stealth iron man had the same batteries installed and they made a big mess of acid. after a few hours of cleaning and sanding the battery contacts, i was able to get the light up feature to work properly again. these statues are very expensive and some simple quality control and common sense of not pre-installing batteries should be company and production policy.

With all these complaints, problem, returns and damaged pieces, will this have an affect on the actual ES?

I'm sure your not the only one to be moved into purchasing a piece after viewing Barb's pics. The man has some mad skills. Good luck on your conversion Mamba. This piece is worth getting. Thanos just looks so sinister and evil. This is a great dio.
Those pics are great. Too bad it comes with a lot of issues which made me decide to cancel it. Now wish I hadn't :(

Thanks, brother! Yeah, this piece has incredible power. I do love it. :rock
:)
I'm so glad that people here are finally getting their non-broken Thanos'. I've been silently worrying for all of you this whole time. Now, maybe my inexplicable guilt over getting an intact one out of the gate shall subside.
You're a good man, Jedah. Enjoy it and f__k the guilt! :hi5:

Back