Thank you, dynamicduocomics, you greedy eBay flipper!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lecture

Yes, not one of the best threads we've seen lately.

It is now!!!!!!!!!!!!
PituvisionC4DcompTakenFurther.jpg

I'm thinking about starting my own youtube channel and hosting pointless complaints about nothing in general... I think I'll call it...

PituvisionC4DcompTakenFurther.jpg

It's kind of low budget for now...

I don't have any. If I had any I liked, I wouldn't sell at all. I don't care if they were worth 9 grand apiece.

exactly what i thought. most people like you are upset they missed out on the grails and go on trying to lynch those who didnt. you had the same opportunity to get those pieces for retail...but instead you failed. :cool:

saying that you would never sell something that you dont even own amuses me.

exactly what i thought. most people like you are upset they missed out on the grails and go on trying to lynch those who didnt. you had the same opportunity to get those pieces for retail...but instead you failed. :cool:

saying that you would never sell something that you dont even own amuses me.

I've only been familiar with SS Collectibles since April of this year, and I've ordered everything I've wanted since then. I'm not trying to lynch those who didn't, just pointing out the fact that it is unethical to flip, particularly in the case of flipping superhero items, who are all about representing the highest standard of standing up for what is right, and ethics in general. Basically, I was hoping that the superhero collectibles buyers were ABOVE such unethical behavior like buying with the intent of flipping, but it appears I was mistaken. Never underestimate the tendency of human beings to take advantage of other human beings for financial gain, EVEN when it deals with something that essentially is the representation of its total opposite, superheroes,which is to stand for what is tremendously more ethical than how most people are. SS seems to agree with me, as they have a limit of one per customer. If only there was a way to prove what addresses people were using to get duplicates to flip them and cancel their orders to stop this villainous behavior which is out of character for the superhero genre, unless you are like one of the bad guys. Oh well.

I've only been familiar with SS Collectibles since April of this year, and I've ordered everything I've wanted since then. I'm not trying to lynch those who didn't, just pointing out the fact that it is unethical to flip, particularly in the case of flipping superhero items, who are all about representing the highest standard of standing up for what is right, and ethics in general. Basically, I was hoping that the superhero collectibles buyers were ABOVE such unethical behavior like buying with the intent of flipping, but it appears I was mistaken. Never underestimate the tendency of human beings to take advantage of other human beings for financial gain, EVEN when it deals with something that essentially is the representation of its total opposite, superheroes,which is to stand for what is tremendously more ethical than how most people are. SS seems to agree with me, as they have a limit of one per customer. If only there was a way to prove what addresses people were using to get duplicates to flip them and cancel their orders to stop this villainous behavior which is out of character for the superhero genre, unless you are like one of the bad guys. Oh well.

Is it unethical to flip EVIL villain items? :angelsmil

......................... :thwak

how old are you...12? selling something for a profit is unethical according to you, not the united states of america. no one is taking advantage of anyone. when you see a flipper holding a gun to somenes head forcing that person to buy something please let me know.

how old are you...12? selling something for a profit is unethical according to you, not the united states of america. no one is taking advantage of anyone. when you see a flipper holding a gun to somenes head forcing that person to buy something please let me know.

SS sells products at a profit, and deservedly so, since they contribute something. Flippers don't contribute anything to anyone.They just force people to pay more for the same item they could have had for less if the flipper didn't buy it first. When someone has all of something that someone else wants, they can set the price if that someone else is going to get it. If no flippers bought things, then there would be more left for people who want to buy things for themselves, at a reasonable price. Flippers prevent people from getting things at a reasonable price by forcing others to pay more, because the flipper controls the supply. It is sort of like holding something for ransom. What does the flipper give people that they couldn't get by buying it direct? NOTHING. They just take. They are lazy, greedy people who want to get money by contributing nothing and financially taking advantage of other people. If flippers GAVE people something that they couldn't get by buying it directly that was desirable, that would be different, but they don't. People who buy houses or cars in need of restoration who then fix them up and sell at a profit deserve a profit and are making money ethically, because they contributed something, making it a BETTER item for the next buyer.
Age has nothing to do with ethics. There are unethical 5 year olds as well as 60 year olds. There are ethical 5 year olds and 60 year olds, too. Flippers are just greedy people who want money the easy way without contributing anything to society, and who have no problem with harming it, like Michael Milken.

Longstoryshort: SS had a second chance on Rogue Exclusives at $149.99, I ordered it and used $25.75.00 worth of reward points. SS charges $11.40 for shipping. Grand total = 135.64 shipped.

dynamicduocomics could not sell his figure in that auction.

So, thank you dynamicduocomics for being such a greedy flipper and turning me off to dealing with you. I saved a bundle, and I hope you choke on that Rogue... or at least sit and spin on it.

JAS
Congrats on your purchase! It looks like you got away this time. But, there might come a day when you can't turn to SSC or anybody else to get that sought after item for retail. Then you might be very happy to find someone like dynamicduocomics willing to sell you the piece. If you accept their price, will depend on how much you really want the item.

Congrats on your purchase! It looks like you got away this time.

Thank you. I guess I posted this originally because I was in a celebratory mood. Because I was able to buy a piece I had almost waffled myself out of the opportunity to aquire. Because by a stroke of fortune I got it for less than some flipper was trying to squeeze out of the piece.

But, there might come a day when you can't turn to SSC or anybody else to get that sought after item for retail.

I am not going to lie and say I have not paid above retail on a piece I missed out on for one reason or another. Sadly, I am sure it will happen again some day. I am just happy it didn't have to happen here.

Then you might be very happy to find someone like dynamicduocomics willing to sell you the piece. If you accept their price, will depend on how much you really want the item.

Well, it is obvious that dynamicduocomics and I have different ideas about the value of his piece. In this case, I was right, and he was wrong and I saved close to a $100.00 through a happy coincidence of timing.

I understand that dynamicduocomics has done me no harm. I am aware that if I chose to pay that price, it would have been my decision and my decision alone. I understand that much like the scalper of concert tickets, there will always be people grateful for the service provided by capitalists like dynamicduocomics

I also reserve the right to resent that wanker for trying to squeeze every last drop of blood out of me. I reserve the right to gloat because I found it elsewhere, cheaper. I reserve the right to hope everyone else does as well and the price on this recently released piece stay modest for a while.

I reserve the right to hope dynamicduocomics chokes on that piece because he is holding onto it so tightly.

I know that one day I will want to sell my SS pieces and they will go for whatever the market will bear. But I don't try to make a living out of marking up pieces. I am a collector and I look at things from the viewpoint of a collector.

Experience has taught me I shouldn't jinx myself by speaking on this until SS has delivered my AH Rogue... but self control has always been one of my weaker areas. I hope I don't jinx myself.

Well, I had originally ordered the AH Rogue Comicuette Exclusive... but SS released so much must have stuff for me, I decided I couldn't afford it all. So after much deliberation, I cancelled.

Then SS released the Black Queen, and I knew I was going to have to have that. And since I already had the Black Cat and Mary Jane, that'd make three of the six and what the heck, I might as well have all six in my Marvel collection.

So I decided to pick up a Rogue from the secondary market. I checked the prices the Rogues were going for, and made an offer to an eBayer here in Michigan. I think it was $205.00 plus shipping. dynamicduocomics wants $20.00 for shipping.

I thought this was not unreasonable... but dynamicduocomics did, counter-offering me at $220.00 plus $20.00 shipping. So I blew him off.

Longstoryshort: SS had a second chance on Rogue Exclusives at $149.99, I ordered it and used $25.75.00 worth of reward points. SS charges $11.40 for shipping. Grand total = 135.64 shipped.

dynamicduocomics could not sell his figure in that auction.

So, thank you dynamicduocomics for being such a greedy flipper and turning me off to dealing with you. I saved a bundle, and I hope you choke on that Rogue... or at least sit and spin on it.

JAS

The relationship between the uneducated buyer and eBay is as follows:
:Wizard

AWESOME post, man! I hear what you're saying about some of the flippers on the bay. I was trying to get a Green Goblin lsb for a WHILE, and kept getting "good" offers. Finally found one BIN for a decent price, used a 10% off collectibles discount eBay was featuring and the live cash back. All said and done I picked it up for $115 shipped. Sometimes you can find a good offer on there, and a hell of a lot of time it's flippers trying to make a profit. Nice job keepin' 'em honest. :rock

SS sells products at a profit, and deservedly so, since they contribute something. Flippers don't contribute anything to anyone.They just force people to pay more for the same item they could have had for less if the flipper didn't buy it first. When someone has all of something that someone else wants, they can set the price if that someone else is going to get it. If no flippers bought things, then there would be more left for people who want to buy things for themselves, at a reasonable price. Flippers prevent people from getting things at a reasonable price by forcing others to pay more, because the flipper controls the supply. It is sort of like holding something for ransom. What does the flipper give people that they couldn't get by buying it direct? NOTHING. They just take. They are lazy, greedy people who want to get money by contributing nothing and financially taking advantage of other people. If flippers GAVE people something that they couldn't get by buying it directly that was desirable, that would be different, but they don't. People who buy houses or cars in need of restoration who then fix them up and sell at a profit deserve a profit and are making money ethically, because they contributed something, making it a BETTER item for the next buyer.
Age has nothing to do with ethics. There are unethical 5 year olds as well as 60 year olds. There are ethical 5 year olds and 60 year olds, too. Flippers are just greedy people who want money the easy way without contributing anything to society, and who have no problem with harming it, like Michael Milken.

Sure we do. We provide you with the item you want that you werent either smart enough to order at retail or able to order at retail. Either way your crying doesnt bother me. I bought said item i'll sell it for what I want.

PLEASE, go take a basic economics class this semester and then come back and debate this.

PLEASE, go take a basic economics class this semester and then come back and debate this.

To me, superhero collectibles aren't about economics. They are about liking the characters, which don't try to take advantage of people, they try to help them. Stan Lee said that superheroes don't try to hurt people, they try to help people. I understand economics and capitalism. I just don't think that they should apply the same to superhero collectibles. The superhero genre is supposed to be ABOVE such things. If people want to do it to horror collectibles, its different, because those are about hurting people. In that case, I think ruthless capitalism would be totally consistent with that mindset.

They're FIGURES/STATUES... not people. They have no feelings and are made of polystone or plastic.

Don't take ^^^^ too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back