Thank you, dynamicduocomics, you greedy eBay flipper!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess you never sold anything on ebay for 2-3 times its value???
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
LOL....if you say no you are a lying
pay the price or move on....holy ^^^^ does this thread suck balls!

Experience has taught me I shouldn't jinx myself by speaking on this until SS has delivered my AH Rogue... but self control has always been one of my weaker areas. I hope I don't jinx myself.

Well, I had originally ordered the AH Rogue Comicuette Exclusive... but SS released so much must have stuff for me, I decided I couldn't afford it all. So after much deliberation, I cancelled.

Then SS released the Black Queen, and I knew I was going to have to have that. And since I already had the Black Cat and Mary Jane, that'd make three of the six and what the heck, I might as well have all six in my Marvel collection.

So I decided to pick up a Rogue from the secondary market. I checked the prices the Rogues were going for, and made an offer to an eBayer here in Michigan. I think it was $205.00 plus shipping. dynamicduocomics wants $20.00 for shipping.

I thought this was not unreasonable... but dynamicduocomics did, counter-offering me at $220.00 plus $20.00 shipping. So I blew him off.

Longstoryshort: SS had a second chance on Rogue Exclusives at $149.99, I ordered it and used $25.75.00 worth of reward points. SS charges $11.40 for shipping. Grand total = 135.64 shipped.

dynamicduocomics could not sell his figure in that auction.

So, thank you dynamicduocomics for being such a greedy flipper and turning me off to dealing with you. I saved a bundle, and I hope you choke on that Rogue... or at least sit and spin on it.

JAS

My God, an ebay retailer trying to earn as much profit as possible, what the ^^^^ has happened to the world? perhaps we should all sit around a camp fire, singing hippy songs and braiding each others hair?

Then we can sell each other stuff at cost so no-one makes a profit and we all live happily ever after...seriously don't insult a business for doing what they do and not harming you in any way...GROW UP!

The seller is financially taking advantage of other people. It's like stealing. It has NOTHING to do with heroism. He contributes NOTHING to people. He just takes advantage. There are all kinds of businesses in the world. Not ALL of them are unethical. Ticket scalpers and drug dealers have businesses, too. They don't make the world a better place. Their philosophy is totally inconsistent with that of people who have a superhero mentality.
I'm into superheroes because they use all of their powers to make the world a better place, and not just to have power for power's sake,which is what the bad guys in comic books do. Yeah, hooray for Gordon Gecko.
Its one thing to actually MAKE something like Sideshow does, and then sel it at a price that lets them make a profit, but it's totally different when someone does nothing more than buy something with the deliberate intent of depriving other people of buying it just so they can sell it to those same people they deprived of it for a greater price. They don't contribute, they leech at best. Their businesses are the lowest common denominator of society that is legal, basically. There is nothing wrong with turning a profit so long as you CONTRIBUTE.

Takes two fools to make outrageous eBay sales. One Fool to try and squeeze as much as they can knowing they are pushing their luck at times and the other to pay those prices in the first place.

I'm glad you got their piece but remember if people weren't out there buying at these prices then people wouldn't sell them at these prices.

The seller is financially taking advantage of other people. It's like stealing. It has NOTHING to do with heroism. He contributes NOTHING to people. He just takes advantage. There are all kinds of businesses in the world. Not ALL of them are unethical. Ticket scalpers and drug dealers have businesses, too. They don't make the world a better place. Their philosophy is totally inconsistent with that of people who have a superhero mentality.
I'm into superheroes because they use all of their powers to make the world a better place, and not just to have power for power's sake,which is what the bad guys in comic books do. Yeah, hooray for Gordon Gecko.
Its one thing to actually MAKE something like Sideshow does, and then sel it at a price that lets them make a profit, but it's totally different when someone does nothing more than buy something with the deliberate intent of depriving other people of buying it just so they can sell it to those same people they deprived of it for a greater price. They don't contribute, they leech at best. Their businesses are the lowest common denominator of society that is legal, basically. There is nothing wrong with turning a profit so long as you CONTRIBUTE.

Jesus man, relax! :lol:rotfl

and please, point me to the place in my quote where I said 'heroism'

Oh and pur-lease, it is nothing like stealing because a) these are luxery goods not essentials and b) he is not holding a gun to your head and forcing you to buy this!

Please note: as I think is fairly obvious from my original post, I am talking about legitimate businesses not unethical ones such as drug dealing

Last edited:
ehh, flippers will always be there.

though they will be getting a lesson shortly in this economy.
with more and more items going to be showing up for second chance a ss
a lot of these guys are going to get stuck with product for sometime.

as for myself, a international customer (only in canada ehh) i am willing to use these flippers and give them a profit sometimes on some items, since they are willing to ship by mail, which in turn saves me about $75 in brokerage charges and usually i don't have to pay taxes either.
so depending how much the itme is i can save myself $100+ by purchasing form these flippers, and now that this item is on second chance, there most likely will be some dealers (if you can call them that:lol) on ebay that may let these go for a reasonable price.

as for your dealing with this seller, live and learn as the rest of us have, and if you don't like them then don't use them.

oh yeah congrats on the purchase, i will be getting mine soon (off ebay from a flipper):lol

Jesus man, relax! :lol:rotfl

and please, point me to the place in my quote where I said 'heroism'

You didn't say heroism, but these are superhero statues. Rogue is a superhero, and so therefore this statue has a lot to to with the philosophy of heroism. It's interesting how the bad guys are always trying to make the heroes suffer in the comics world, similarly, this flipper is trying to make lovers of superheroes and heroism suffer who want one of these statues by depriving them of it. I take SUPERHEROES very seriously. It's like my personal religion. Always has been.

You didn't say heroism, but these are superhero statues. Rogue is a superhero, and so therefore this statue has a lot to to with the philosophy of heroism. It's interesting how the bad guys are always trying to make the heroes suffer in the comics world, similarly, this flipper is trying to make lovers of superheroes and heroism suffer who want one of these statues by depriving them of it. I take SUPERHEROES very seriously. It's like my personal religion. Always has been.

Fair enough, than I am going to back away from this conversation because to me this is just a hobby and to you, as you say, this is a religion so we will never agree! :D

Fine, but only because you ask so nicely!! :D

Blackthorne---->:grouphug<------Gondorgirl

..........................^
.......................Quadcent (right in the middle!)

Selling a collectible for more than it was originally bought for is now stealing?

By that logic buying something for under retail from a seller who had bought it at that price or more is stealing from that person then isn't it? :rolleyes:

Selling a collectible for more than it was originally bought for is now stealing?

No, I said that buying one with the deliberate intent of buying it so someone else couldn't and then reselling it to those people you deprived of buying it is like stealing. Buying something for yourself, and then needing to sell it later because you need the funds, and then even making a large profit for it is not stealing.

No, I said that buying one with the deliberate intent of buying it so someone else couldn't and then reselling it to those people you deprived of buying it is like stealing. Buying something for yourself, and then needing to sell it later because you need the funds, and then even making a large profit for it is not stealing.

Thank you Blackthorne for accepting my invitation to relax and let things slide...how very superhero like of you...:rolleyes:

Thank you Blackthorne for accepting my invitation to relax and let things slide...how very superhero like of you...:rolleyes:

I'm sorry. I guess I rose to his bait. I will try not to again. There is no emotion...there is peace. :eek:

a.) What harm was done; the seller didn't cheat you or sell you a broken item? Isn't eBay all about making a profit? :confused:

b.) Collectible: an object suitable for a collection, originally a work of fine art or an antique, now including also any of a wide variety of items collected as a hobby, for display, or as an investment whose value may appreciate.

c.)...I cannot wait until Shai and Bodie get ahold of this thread. :lol

Your argument makes little sense to me. Many people buy things....wait for the value to rise and then sell. Some people on this board will get low numbered items and are kind and offer it for retail to others on the board that may have missed out.....but what about all those people who were online and tried to get the piece but missed out by seconds.......someone on the board lucks out when they slept in and totally missed the sale but they get a piece when the person that tried desperately to get one misses out. Isn't that kind person who bought to help someone out also "stealing" it from those who were online trying to buy at the same time? What about those that enter contests for items they really don't want just so they can sell them? Are they stealing?
For the record I don't consider any of this stealing. If you can't afford something when it's available at retail or you miss the sale, well then you bite the bullet and hope to find one on the secondary market or keep your fingers crossed that more will turn up for retail. It's the nature of the beast....always has been and always will be. :peace

Your argument makes little sense to me. Many people buy things....wait for the value to rise and then sell. Some people on this board will get low numbered items and are kind and offer it for retail to others on the board that may have missed out.....but what about all those people who were online and tried to get the piece but missed out by seconds.......someone on the board lucks out when they slept in and totally missed the sale but they get a piece when the person that tried desperately to get one misses out. Isn't that kind person who bought to help someone out also "stealing" it from those who were online trying to buy at the same time? What about those that enter contests for items they really don't want just so they can sell them? Are they stealing?
For the record I don't consider any of this stealing. If you can't afford something when it's available at retail or you miss the sale, well then you bite the bullet and hope to find one on the secondary market or keep your fingers crossed that more will turn up for retail. It's the nature of the beast....always has been and always will be. :peace

Firstly, I said it was like stealing, and not stealing itself. I meant it's very similar to stealing. It's about the INTENT someone has when they buy something. Is the intent to buy something for oneself, or for a buddy, so he or she doesn't miss out? That's not an intent to make a profit at others expense. Buying a limited edition collectible with the specific intent to resell at a higher price is what I'm saying is like stealing. You could buy something for 20 of your buddies who wont be online to buy, and theres nothing wrong with that, because your intent is to help people. If your intent is to buy only to resell at double the price, your intent is to hurt people, at least in the wallet.
Entering a contest for something you know you don't want and are only going to sell is dishonest, but most contests have an equal chance of anyone winning, and as many people can enter as they want, so it isn't the same as buying up the few there are of a limited edition collectible and then telling people they will have to pay you what you want if they want it, and knowing that they really want it, they will pay to get it. The flipper has people at a tremendous disadvantage, because the flipper has all of the supply.
Sorry, Gondor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back