Terry Gilliam's The Zero Theorem

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I hate bringing up AICN, there is a absolutely glowing review of the film on the site.

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/63845

There is a great deal more to the review, but here is the wrap-up...

I can’t think of a greater viewing pleasure I’ve had in a real long time than getting to discover ZERO THEOREM. It was strangely odd to be engaged with it on my glowy rectangle here upon my desk. I went into the movie completely blank and it stunned me. Honestly though… I just can’t wait to see this in a theater with an audience. The film is a great one. Just wait for the “Creep”… so great! Lastly… all of you, I envy your first view. I’ve done a fairly good job of avoiding the big spoilers. The film is a jaw-dropper not just for the visuals and the storytelling and the performances. It’s just so great to see Gilliam just destroy it. For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been chomping at the bit to get to write about this film, because it’s all I really want to talk about these days. It’s a film that gives you great after glow, if you get my meaning. Waltz is just amazing. The performance of the year thus far. So great. I just hope to God it gets released untouched. There’s not a frame needing to be lost. IT IS PERFECT! So rare you can say that. Also… Once the film comes out – I can’t wait to really geek out more on the ending and what it all means to me. Right now, Annette Kellerman is the only person on the planet I can geek out with this one. Otherwise, I would think I’d hallucinated the film. It really is quite the dream.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyY5InLYJPQ]First Official Clip from The Zero Theorem - YouTube[/ame]

Digging this colorful world and look of The Zero Theorem.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that this movie is available ON Demand in the "Same day as theaters" section.

Would be interested to hear everyones thoughts on the film.

Going to see this at the local art theater this weekend! I can't wait.

Well liked it more than i expected.
Movie is pretty cool to look at, a colorfull version of brazil production design wise.
Story close to Brazil too.
Now if only Gilliam could go back to using miniatures instead of ugly cgi for some sets that would be cooler.
Not sure i really understood the story tho...

I loved so many PARTS of the movie. So many good performances. Awesome set design. Interesting ideas. I just felt a bit underwhelmed by the end. It didn't really end so much as peter out. Still, really glad I saw it on the big screen.

Back