"Terrorist" attack in Monterrey, Mexico...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terrorist attack in Monterrey, Mexico...

I heard you can follow the money all the way up to the President. :lecture

so legalizing it won't really change anything.

If the United States truly legalized cocaine, there would be no more cartels. The quality of what an American business could produce and the prices at which they'd produce them, there is no way those farmers could keep up.

I heard you can follow the money all the way up to the President. :lecture

If the United States truly legalized cocaine, there would be no more cartels. The quality of what an American business could produce and the prices at which they'd produce them, there is no way those farmers could keep up.

If the US legalized cocain (which will never happen) the United States would end up a drug addicted country and be 100x worse then it already is. In my opinion if your country legalized cocain the entire US would look like an Aghanistan back ally, and that is no joke, look at all the people abusing government drugs already and dying on that stuff, you really think adding cocain into the mix will help. Drugs are bad and have to health benefits (except pot) so there would be no reason to make it legal. l have never seen anything good come from those drugs except ruined lives and people dying. This would also not get rid of the cartals, it would really hurt their business, but would not get rid of them.

Last edited:

I doubt it would get any worse, and yeah, there is a huge reason to make it legal: destroy the cartels. :cuckoo:

What government drugs are you talking about?

On the one hand I can support legalizing drugs but on the other I think our county would be worse off. What would be the legal age for coke? 17? Can u image high schools allowing kids to go outside and snort coke like they smoke cigs now? If it was legal..people would be able to take coke while on the job...waiters...nurses...cooks...construction workers would all be high and they would have every right cause it was legal.

Legalizing it might make it less dangerous for the public as a whole in terms of the cartels but it would be a nightmare to the population as everyone would be snorting coke.

Instead of a "martini lunch" office workers would be off getting high. I've never done coke...I've done other drugs and I drink socially so I honestly don;t know if it would be worse if people grabbed a beer at lunch or did a gram of coke.

That really sucks. I hate what has been going on in Mexico.

The last time I went was waaaay back in '88 when I went to Mazatlán during Spring Break. We all had a fantastic time and the people there treated us great.

So sad.

That really sucks. I hate what has been going on in Mexico.

The last time I went was waaaay back in '88 when I went to Mazatlán during Spring Break. We all had a fantastic time and the people there treated us great.

So sad.

Snoops, I thought you lived in Mexico....or was it San Diego?

On the one hand I can support legalizing drugs but on the other I think our county would be worse off. What would be the legal age for coke? 17? Can u image high schools allowing kids to go outside and snort coke like they smoke cigs now? If it was legal..people would be able to take coke while on the job...waiters...nurses...cooks...construction workers would all be high and they would have every right cause it was legal.

Legalizing it might make it less dangerous for the public as a whole in terms of the cartels but it would be a nightmare to the population as everyone would be snorting coke.

Instead of a "martini lunch" office workers would be off getting high. I've never done coke...I've done other drugs and I drink socially so I honestly don;t know if it would be worse if people grabbed a beer at
lunch or did a gram of coke.

This wouldn't happen. Alcohol is legal but you can't drink at work or drive or any of that. Those same laws would apply, but yeah, I really don't see legalization of cocaine anytime soon or ever.

I doubt it would get any worse, and yeah, there is a huge reason to make it legal: destroy the cartels. :cuckoo:

What government drugs am l talking about, Ambien, Seroqel, Dilaudid, Xanax, Oxycoton, Morphine and about a 100 others. those are legal drugs from doctors and people abuse that ____ and die everyday. That is just a start showing how people abuse anything that can give you a high. Now you think it is okay to let these people buy Cocain, Heroin, Hash,Meth and think that won't make things worse. Many people won't do th ose things because they are ilegal. Legalize them and people will buy that stuff and ruin their lives. How is legally getting people addicted to drugs going to help anything. l think it would be the stupidest thing in the world, but l am not going to argue because thank god it will never happen. Also yes it would get worse, there would be way more addicts walking around, why, because it would be legal and people like to get ____ed up.

Just look at alcohol. it is legal, but look at how many drunks there are, how many people have had their lives ruined because of booze. It's not just a few, every family has at least alcoholic or more for the most part wich means it's wide spread. Booze isn't even an addictive substance for the most part. Now what happens if people start doing coke, they will get addicted to that, not just some people, but everyone. that is the difference drugs and booze. if you think alcohol has caused some problems in society, add legal coke to that and (forget about it) all down the toilet it will go.

Last edited:

This wouldn't happen. Alcohol is legal but you can't drink at work or drive or any of that. Those same laws would apply, but yeah, I really don't see legalization of cocaine anytime soon or ever.

You can't drink at work but how many people go out for a business lunch and get a beer/cocktail/wine? Now you'd be able to do some coke....like I said..not sure if it's better or worse than drink.

Any I assume no one has ever, ever had a drink at dinner then driven home. :) So you open the door if coke is legal, somone gets a line for dessert then drives home. Again..is that better or worse than a drink..don;t know cause ive never done coke.

edit: And if you do legalize coke what's the legal limit? How would you measure that? Is there a breathalizer test for cocaine like there is for alcohol? Is this a federal law or a state law...cause you can legally drink in open containers in new Orleans. Would some states allow people to publicly snort coke? I think it opens up a huge pandora's box.

I am curious as to how you feel that legalizing drugs like cocaine and worse would destroy the cartels.

I don't think those monkeys could compete with the resources of the American pharmeceutical industry. Drugs are far simpler to produce than medicine.

What government drugs am l talking about, Ambien, Seroqel, Dilaudid, Xanax, Oxycoton, Morphine and about a 100 others. those are legal drugs from doctors and people abuse that ____ and die everyday.

Not my problem. And why should people who get high on legal substances have to buy prescription medicine for it? Do you know how many of those people are on some kind of government healthcare plan where we are paying for it? The prescription drug abuse problem is a whole different animal and I don't think you can compare them. I do however believe that legal drugs would radically change the face of prescription med abuse.

But like I said, if someone wants to ruin their lives, that is their problem. I am not their keeper. Their life is not my responsibility.

fear666 xX said:
That is just a start showing how people abuse anything that can give you a high. Now you think it is okay to let these people buy Cocain, Heroin, Hash,Meth and think that won't make things worse. Many people won't do th ose things because they are ilegal. Legalize them and people will buy that stuff and ruin their lives.

Natural selection is a spectacular cure for stupidity. How would that not benefit 'society'?

Are you aware that the War on Drugs has not changed the percentage of people who use? Since it's inception under the Reagan Administration, it has not budged, up or down.

Why anyone thinks it would be worse is beyond me. Successful people who would use drugs are probably already doing it. Successful people who abuse them are not successful for long. I think that's a better incentive than fines, personally. Unsuccessful people abusing are only surviving because they have state checks to keep them afloat. The real problem there isn't the drugs. It's welfare.

fear666 xX said:
How is legally getting people addicted to drugs going to help anything.

Prohibition of alcohol made Al Capone rich. What do you think prohibition of drugs has done? Had you noticed that gangsters are a lot more powerful and dangeroous than they were in the 1920's?

fear666 xX said:
l think it would be the stupidest thing in the world, but l am not going to argue because thank god it will never happen.

Too many people think their fears are justification for controlling other people's lives. Makes me wonder if the stupidest thing in the world is worse than the most evil thing.

How about trying this: mind your own business.

fear666 xX said:
Also yes it would get worse, there would be way more addicts walking around, why, because it would be legal and people like to get ____ed up.

And whose problem is that? If they commit no crimes, what do you care? If they do, there are already laws in effect for that.

fear666 xX said:
Just look at alcohol. it is legal, but look at how many drunks there are, how many people have had their lives ruined because of booze. It's not just a few, every family has at least alcoholic or more for the most part wich means it's wide spread.

And being illegal would change that? Because it didn't.

fear666 xX said:
Booze isn't even an addictive substance for the most part.

They don't have alcoholism in Canada, huh?

fear666 xX said:
Now what happens if people start doing coke, they will get addicted to that, not just some people, but everyone. that is the difference drugs and booze.

That's not true.

fear666 xX said:
if you think alcohol has caused some problems in society, add legal coke to that and (forget about it) all down the toilet it will go.

That's a completely hysterical way of thinking, and I think that is what your entire argument amounts to. But who cares, right? We'll forget about the murders, the corruption and the grotesque waste of money that has gone into feeding into the irrationality of people who share your point of view.

You can't drink at work but how many people go out for a business lunch and get a beer/cocktail/wine? Now you'd be able to do some coke....like I said..not sure if it's better or worse than drink.

I bet as many people do coke on their lunch breaks (or right there in their offices). The cognitive effects are not nearly as severe as alcohol.

VASith said:
Any I assume no one has ever, ever had a drink at dinner then driven home. :) So you open the door if coke is legal, somone gets a line for dessert then drives home. Again..is that better or worse than a drink..don;t know cause ive never done coke.

Is it a major problem that people have a drink or two with dinner and drive home? No, cocaine is not significantly worse than alcohol as far as its ability to incapacitate motor functions, etc.

VASith said:
edit: And if you do legalize coke what's the legal limit?

Probably the same theoretical limit as alcohol.

VASith said:
How would you measure that? Is there a breathalizer test for cocaine like there is for alcohol?

Blood test. There are indicators, particularly if a person is exhibiting signs of inebriation.

VASith said:
Is this a federal law or a state law...cause you can legally drink in open containers in new Orleans. Would some states allow people to publicly snort coke? I think it opens up a huge pandora's box.

Federal. You couldn't end the criminal element unless all states were involved. There would still be black markets in the states where prohibition endured, and the people who thrive in black markets are criminals.

The actual details could be left up to the states, but the major points such as sale and possession would be something no one could prosecute.

The Pandora's Box scenario is unrealistic as far as I'm concerned. People do snort coke in public there. They smoke pot. I don't understand what would change.

So if a cop pulls someone over and suspects them of doing coke they have to do a blood test on site and get immediate results? sorry..but i dont want some redneck cop in west virginia coming anywhere near me with a needle.

and again..what would the legal age be for it? 14? 15? would athletes in college now be allowed to take that drug like they can drink? how about pro sports?

if it's a federal law what makes it different from alcohol..couldn't states sue for their own rights to make their own laws like new orleans?

edit: and as for the pandoras box...maybe i'm naive, but I think many more people drink beer/wine than take cocaine. It's hard enough to crack down on underage drinking and people driving drunk...the last thing we need is to add another vice for people to legally abuse.

I don't think those monkeys could compete with the resources of the American pharmeceutical industry. Drugs are far simpler to produce than medicine.

Not my problem. And why should people who get high on legal substances have to buy prescription medicine for it? Do you know how many of those people are on some kind of government healthcare plan where we are paying for it? The prescription drug abuse problem is a whole different animal and I don't think you can compare them. I do however believe that legal drugs would radically change the face of prescription med abuse.

But like I said, if someone wants to ruin their lives, that is their problem. I am not their keeper. Their life is not my responsibility.

Natural selection is a spectacular cure for stupidity. How would that not benefit 'society'?

Are you aware that the War on Drugs has not changed the percentage of people who use? Since it's inception under the Reagan Administration, it has not budged, up or down.

Why anyone thinks it would be worse is beyond me. Successful people who would use drugs are probably already doing it. Successful people who abuse them are not successful for long. I think that's a better incentive than fines, personally. Unsuccessful people abusing are only surviving because they have state checks to keep them afloat. The real problem there isn't the drugs. It's welfare.

Prohibition of alcohol made Al Capone rich. What do you think prohibition of drugs has done? Had you noticed that gangsters are a lot more powerful and dangeroous than they were in the 1920's?

Too many people think their fears are justification for controlling other people's lives. Makes me wonder if the stupidest thing in the world is worse than the most evil thing.

How about trying this: mind your own business.

And whose problem is that? If they commit no crimes, what do you care? If they do, there are already laws in effect for that.

And being illegal would change that? Because it didn't.

They don't have alcoholism in Canada, huh?

That's not true.

That's a completely hysterical way of thinking, and I think that is what your entire argument amounts to. But who cares, right? We'll forget about the murders, the corruption and the grotesque waste of money that has gone into feeding into the irrationality of people who share your point of view.

I bet as many people do coke on their lunch breaks (or right there in their offices). The cognitive effects are not nearly as severe as alcohol.

Is it a major problem that people have a drink or two with dinner and drive home? No, cocaine is not significantly worse than alcohol as far as its ability to incapacitate motor functions, etc.

Probably the same theoretical limit as alcohol.

Blood test. There are indicators, particularly if a person is exhibiting signs of inebriation.

Federal. You couldn't end the criminal element unless all states were involved. There would still be black markets in the states where prohibition endured, and the people who thrive in black markets are criminals.

The actual details could be left up to the states, but the major points such as sale and possession would be something no one could prosecute.

The Pandora's Box scenario is unrealistic as far as I'm concerned. People do snort coke in public there. They smoke pot. I don't understand what would change.

Well you have your opinion and l have mine. l think it would be a disaster. what l dont think you relalize is cocaine and the other drugs that you seem to want to be legal or don't care if they would be legal are addictive substances, unlike pot and alcohol (well these two are still adictive to some, but mass majoriy can do those things over and over and not be addicted). Cocaine and these other drugs are addictive, which means once you start that's all you care about, which in turns ruins your life. you say cocaine is no different then a beer, well it is. It gives you a high that turns people into A holes. l have friends who do that, thay are nice and calm, they do that stuff and they start jumpinng around and think they are invincible. People will always do drugs, legal or ilegal, but when made legal many more will do it and inturn get addicted. just like doctor perscription drugs, many people get hooked on those drugs and go into a downword spiral, now what would happen if they would be legal cocaine or ther drugs. it would be the same scenario except with more addictive drugs.

Also you say natural selection, let those people ruin their lives , l don't care. Well it is your problem. Your tax dollars goes to the hospitals to treat these addicts, detox centers and all that crap, where do you think the money comes from, you say the hell with them, but they will and do effect your wallet, more so if they are going to be everywhere, they will be in your neighborhoods, driving cars and smashing into people more then they already do, you could be one of those people. We have enough legal substanaces for people to get wacked out on we dont need anymore. If this Mexico drug stuff really bothers the US maybe they should get some troops in there and clean house. Atleast that would be a war that is protecting Americans since most of that stuff is headed for the US. Anyway l don't have an answer, the human race does nothing but cause problems and abuse everything that is in reach.

"Well,on the contrary legalizing cocaine is a good benefit for everyone blah blah blah blah, weed legalization would free up government spending on blah blah..blah blah blah"...

:lurking

So if a cop pulls someone over and suspects them of doing coke they have to do a blood test on site and get immediate results? sorry..but i dont want some redneck cop in west virginia coming anywhere near me with a needle.

and again..what would the legal age be for it? 14? 15? would athletes in college now be allowed to take that drug like they can drink? how about pro sports?

if it's a federal law what makes it different from alcohol..couldn't states sue for their own rights to make their own laws like new orleans?

edit: and as for the pandoras box...maybe i'm naive, but I think many more people drink beer/wine than take cocaine. It's hard enough to crack down on underage drinking and people driving drunk...the last thing we need is to add another vice for people to legally abuse.

It's not that difficult. There are clear signs and cops already drag people in if they suspect them of being under the influence of narcotics. They'd just take them down to the station, have a medic run a blood test and release the person if they check out clean.

You legalize it and put the age limit on it at 21. The taxes alone would more than fund the increase in law enforcement needed to police it.

Back