"Terrorist" attack in Monterrey, Mexico...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terrorist attack in Monterrey, Mexico...

Interestingly, I played a game where I decided to lower the taxes on alcohol for the kingdom I ruled. All it did was make people drink more since it was cheaper and my village streets were full of people puking and passing out all over. I gave people too much credit in my game that they would drink moderately....that was a mistake. :lol

Imagine if they had cars...

This thread leads me to believe that not many people know much about the global drug trade and how Mexico fits into it. But they sure like to pretend they do :lol

:lecture:lecture:lecture

It's all about location, location, location...

Mexico is "trying" to stop all these drugs from reaching the US, and the cartels are fighting for the routes 'cuz they know where the money is...

If Mexico were to stop doing it, I wonder what the US would do?... :dunno

Yeah l agree, l dont want some cop pulling me over at night and telling me to sit on his bumper while he pulls a blood sample.

That would not happen here in the US.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but in most states, only qualified medical personnel (typically physicians & registered nurses) at a medical facility can/may take your blood.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but in most states, only qualified medical personnel (typically physicians & registered nurses) at a medical facility can/may take your blood.

yes, but if coke is made legal and they suspect you of being over the legal limit how to they test you? unless someone creates a Breathalyzer for cocaine.

yes, but if coke is made legal and they suspect you of being over the legal limit how to they test you? unless someone creates a Breathalyzer for cocaine.

I wouldn't know. If coke is made legal, and I doubt it will ever be, I'd think that the police would treat it just as they do alcohol...however I think testing for coke would take days instead of just a few moments with an alcohol breathalyzer.

I need to come up a cocainealyzer and make a fortune! :yess:

Typically what happens when you're living in another country assuming you know everything about U.S. laws because you watch TV. :lol

I'd imagine it'd be like a DUI (or DWI depending on your state). If you're suspected, they bust you, drag you in and have a nurse administer testing, beit urine or blood.

Last edited:

No different than they do now. They are trained to know or determine the difference between being under the influence of alcohol or drugs. They have simple field tests to determine the difference. And if you end up coming in hot on too many of the field indicators...you are arrested and taken to a hospital for a blood test.

Now, I am not sure how they cover their backs for a driver who refuses to test. But you can bet your ass they do.

Different states have different laws. Some states do require a warrant in order to take a blood test (if you decline). I imagine though - that it wouldn't be too difficult to get one if there is good probable cause.

No different than they do now. They are trained to know or determine the difference between being under the influence of alcohol or drugs. They have simple field tests to determine the difference. And if you end up coming in hot on too many of the field indicators...you are arrested and taken to a hospital for a blood test.

Now, I am not sure how they cover their backs for a driver who refuses to test. But you can bet your ass they do.

They'd probably use the same kind of testing they did before they had breathalyzers. Maine doesn't breath test in the field. They decide whether you're too drunk to drive, and then they test you at the jail to see how high your BAC is.

For marijuana, there are other indicators that they test for.

I don't even think cocaine lasts very long in the bloodstream. It's metabolized very quickly. But there are plenty of signs that will indicate the level a person has consumed. Those would be documented in lieu of lab results and I imagine that the courts would have stndard that the officer's observations would have to meet in order to convict the accused.

The real litmus test is impairment of motor skills and cognitive function, which field sobriety tests are almost foolproof for determining.

For marijuana, there are other indicators that they test for. .

One good indicator would be taking you to the station if they already suspect your high and put you in a waiting room with a bag of munchies mix on the table. When the cops come back in 10 minutes later and if the munchie mix bag is ripped apart, licked clean and lying on the floor then you will be arrested for being high on marijuana.:lecture

They shine a flashlight in your eyes, hold up a pen and ask you to follow it with both eyes. If you're high, the movement of your eyeballs will not be smooth and steady. That's what the cop said, anyway. I'm not inclined to trust them, so who knows.

As it were, he knew I had smoked (car smelled), so he and his partner proceeded to tear apart the car looking for something to charge me with. They found nothing so I wasn't charged with anything. Which was good because the huge roach on the dashboard was still waiting for me when I went to buy cigarettes the next morning.

Mexico is "trying" to stop all these drugs from reaching the US, and the cartels are fighting for the routes 'cuz they know where the money is...

If Mexico were to stop doing it, I wonder what the US would do?... :dunno

Waste that much more money in law enforcement trying to stop it, as if the money they spend has ever stopped anything.

:dunno

Back