TERMINATOR SALVATION movie discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now that you've seen it. which Connor figure looks good to you? I still like the first one, myself...

Well.. I haven't still seen the second figure fully so I may change my mind when ( or if ) its released but I think I prefer the one thats out now.
If I buy the first though there will probably be a few things I'll want from the second including the stand. :D

personaly, i like Terminator Salvation. Its a great action flick that extends the terminator mythos and adds to the franchise. But, Its not a great movie, that said...its NOT a James Cameron movie. i think the movie wasnt as successful as people thought was becuase people have high expectations. Terminator 2 Changed movies forever, its easily my favorite movie. Salvation was good though, i liked bale as conner..very dark. Worhtington is a boss and a future superstar..and i even liked Anton..hes got a good future to. all in all, Salvation was good, has its faults but i like it..Its no T2..but it kick the ???? out of Terminator 3 in my opinion lol

Well, I just saw this movie tonight. I gotta say, it wasn't very good. Too hokey for my tastes. But I did like the first scene where the Chekov kid showed up as Reese. He seemed to really channel Michael Biehn. Then, after that one scene, it was gone, and he just acted like a generic guy for the rest of the movie. Didn't like anything else, really. Don't understand why the terminators didn't kill Reese when they captured him, or why they just sent a single terminator to kill Connor at the end if it was so important that they killed them both, and if they invested so much energy into creating Wright just to bring those two to the terminator headquarters, etc. Seems like the terminators would have had more sense and/or tried a little harder. Actually, not sure why they were trying to kill Connor at all if they had Reese. Killing Reese would have altered history so that Connor wasn't born, of course. Ah, who knows. This movie sucked.

Guy playing Marcus Wright has a look about him. Will probably star in more big movies in the next year or two, anyway.

Wisher on next Terminator film...

"Deadline Hollywood" has a news item about the "Terminator" franchise that's kind of interesting...

https://www.deadline.com/hollywood/exclusive-wishers-take-on-terminator-5-6/#comment-371527

William Wisher is throwing out his thoughts on where the Terminator saga might go from here.....now that the dust may be settling soon around who will own it now and move it forward.

I am one of the few in here that liked Terminator Salvation….a lot. I don't think that a "back to the drawing board" approach is needed to keep the saga going.

I liked that TS did not just regurgitate the first three movies and it really took off in a different direction with how it looked and sounded. The Marcus Wright character’s “Wizard of Oz”-like journey and how he affected John Connor (right up to giving him his heart) left the ending of TS ripe with great story possibilities…how will John Connor fight that war with the machines now? How will he deal with Kyle Reese, now that his first real “mentor” was one of the machines? (there was an awesome scene at the end of TS that inexplicably was cut where Reese is burying Marcus and finds the Sarah Connor picture in the pocket of the resistance jacket he was given at Connor’s bedside -see the BD for it)…there’s a lot of chances for some great drama in the follow-up…I hope it’s taken advantage of and not just a giant special-effects reel (yeah, Avatar I’m talkin’ to you… :) )

I hope that if Wisher (or whomever) is involved in creating another chapter in the Terminator saga doesn’t just “reboot” the whole thing…I hope they take off from TS and not rely on time travel as some gimmicky thing to just cram characters back into the story.

I’m not so hot on the whole Terminator-meets-Transformers idea, but there is a certain logic to it (with the morphic properties of the T1000 series) so…we’ll see.

I’ll always appreciate the story and characters that Cameron and Wisher launched this saga with…but I think Mostow and McG did just fine in moving things forward. Here’s hoping whomever does it next can keep it interesting too…

Back