TERMINATOR SALVATION movie discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"7) Lucky Shots - Life sucks. Especially after the Apocalypse. But if you’re Marcus Wright, you can throw a tire iron with pinpoint precision to hit a target flying at 60mph or you can just randomly whip mototerminators through the air and into the only weak spot of a Hunter-Killer. -Robert Fure"

That didn't bother me, Marcus was a T-700 or something....I could fully understand him having pinpoint accuracy whether he knew he had the ability or not.

Yeah some of the points on the "didn't like" list seem like nit-picking just to make it to 20, but some of them are understandable complaints, agreeable even.

terminatorloreal.jpg

I think he's making a point saying, Marcus should've been like WTF....you're 30! He's 17! WTF!111 OMG.

If that was his point, then swing and a miss because that's not very clear in the wording and could easily be mader clear witha few extra words.

I'll grant you constipated, but confused and cro-magnon? nope. Clint is rather svelte not blocky and generally projects an air of confidence and aggression, not bewilderment. Plus he has a normal forehead and not the sloped caveman and prominent brow ridge Worthington's got going on. Not saying Sam's performance was bad, just rather one note and ho-hum in a film full of one note ho-hum performances. But I'll give 'em benefit of the doubt as the script and dialogue blows.

I'll grant you constipated, but confused and cro-magnon? nope. Clint is rather svelte not blocky and generally projects an air of confidence and aggression, not bewilderment. Plus he has a normal forehead and not the sloped caveman and prominent brow ridge Worthington's got going on. Not saying Sam's performance was bad, just rather one note and ho-hum in a film full of one note ho-hum performances. But I'll give 'em benefit of the doubt as the script and dialogue blows.

You see and thats the whole problem, the film makers all blew. This film fell short in the writing/directing department imo. Still, Sam did save this film from utter disaster imo.

Hey, you chose the words, not me. Cro-magnon? That has nothing to do with a performance. Now you're just insulting the person with your choice of descriptors (svelte versus blocky?). :lol

I understand what you mean, but I was watching Worthington's performance and listening to the subtle inflections of his voice when he talks. It's subtle and much less ostentatious as Bale's constant growl and bark. I won't say that Marcus was a particularly fascinating character, he wasn't, and the shoddy script saw to that, but none of it is a fault of Worthington's. I mean, they casted Sam on the recommendation of James Cameron (and you know about Sam and Avatar), so he must have something that takes notice.

But different strokes, different folks I guess. And I'm also a big fan of Clint as Joe. What figure is that in your avatar? It looks great from what I can see.

thin, slim, svelte, blocky, thick, built. whatever floats yer boat. :huh But Sam does have a meathead, sloping forehead and prominent brow. He's not ugly or stupid or anything, just the way he is built. He not this bad, but getting there
Unfrozen_Caveman_Lawyer.jpg

I took the "subtle inflections" as him struggling to maintain the accent and sometimes slipping. He's not bad, but I don't get the love for his performance. I suppose in an empty, meaningless film one desperately searches for some bright spot. :lol

It's a custom figure.

Hey, if you were too entranced with Sam's rugged physical features to notice his understated performance, that's your problem. :monkey3

Haha.... suuuuure. Don't sell me an outhouse and call it the Taj Mahal.

I only hope he has better material and direction in Avatar. And doesn't get cast as Green Lantern.

I am looking forward to seeing Sam in Avatar and Clash Of The Titans..this Terminator movie got way too much hype..James Cameron needs to come back and save Terminator.

Well....I went and saw this again last night and....I liked it even better the second time. Sure, it has some clunky storytelling (especially towards the end), but it has a great "war movie" tone going and I really like Worthington's job with Marcus.

I do wish Conner (Bale) had stayed more a supporting character and had the Reese/Wright part of the story develop more...that seemed like it could have been it's own movie right there.

But I still like this movie a lot as it is.

Can anyone tell me the page of 10 things we did like and 10 things we didn't like about the film posted by plasmid?

Looks like this is the official discussion thread.

Saw the movie tonight. I liked it a lot. I thought the homages to T1 and T2 were pretty cool, particularly Marcus looking out at the future LA skyline and the battle between Connor and the Endo on the catwalk. It felt a little *too* dependent on future films and wish it could have had a more satisying finale (ANH, The Matrix, FOTR, and POTC:TCOTBP all did so even though they were the first of a trilogy) but I thought Connor and Marcus were great and it just "felt" like it could have been the future Reese was referencing in T1.

I think I would have preferred that they forego doing a trilogy and just have a satisfying conclusion with John dying at the end after saving humanity. Have Reese a little older, give him the picture, and work in the Terminators and Reese using the time displacement equipment at the end. Still a worthy effort and I look forwarding to watching it again on Blu-Ray.

Back