TERMINATOR SALVATION movie discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to ignore all that stuff though, the whole war is skewed because of T2 and T3. The war starts in 2004 now, not 1997. Perry may have died in a car accident or something between 1997 and 2004.

The only things that hold true of the original timeline at the moment are John Connor being a key part of the resistance, and Kyle Reese being a member.

Listening to Kyle's future war story early on in T1, it sounded like a Nazi thing where Skynet rounded up all remaining humans not killed in the nuclear attacks, and used them for labor and then slaughter and it sounded like Connor was the one who had the balls to take a stance and fight back, break out and start a war.

The new timeline, Connor's trained as a soldier from birth practically and is poised from the start of the war with military men at his disposal.

When T3 made judgement day innevitable, it opened a whole new way for events to unfold. The future is now whatever new writers dictate. As much as we may want to see the future Kyle told us about, I think we may see the world that way, but actual events may not be dead match and don't have to be.

This why the franchise has been dead to me for a long while now. I can't accept the constantly changing muddied timeline, multiverse BS. There is no longer consistency or intelligence to the overall story. Everything post T2 is caca.

You have to ignore all that stuff though, the whole war is skewed because of T2 and T3. The war starts in 2004 now, not 1997. Perry may have died in a car accident or something between 1997 and 2004.

The only things that hold true of the original timeline at the moment are John Connor being a key part of the resistance, and Kyle Reese being a member.

Listening to Kyle's future war story early on in T1, it sounded like a Nazi thing where Skynet rounded up all remaining humans not killed in the nuclear attacks, and used them for labor and then slaughter and it sounded like Connor was the one who had the balls to take a stance and fight back, break out and start a war.

The new timeline, Connor's trained as a soldier from birth practically and is poised from the start of the war with military men at his disposal.

When T3 made judgement day innevitable, it opened a whole new way for events to unfold. The future is now whatever new writers dictate. As much as we may want to see the future Kyle told us about, I think we may see the world that way, but actual events may not be dead match and don't have to be.

:lecture
see also: star trek, lost,..........butterfly effect :yuck

ahhh string theory

Saw the movie last night at the Chinese Mann Theater. If you ever get a chance to watch a movie there do it... the sound and picture were amazing. You could even pay a few bucks more and sit in a chair that moved with the movie (like in Disneylands Honey I Shrunk the Audience).

As far as the movie went I did not think it was very good. It had very good special effects and action but the story, characters, and acting did very little for me. Overall, I was disapointed when walking out...

Just got back from seeing it. I thought the first half was good,had SOME cheesy dialogue, but was still good. The second half was horrible!! This movie had tons of cheesy dialogue especially the second half. Then when the plot started to take off, it just didn't make any sense and went know where, for me. Now don't get me wrong there where some cool parts in this movie but it just wasn't epic enough. I actually liked T3 more than this movie, and I hate T3.

And I heard a lot of people saying that the last act of the movie was worth the ticket. I'm afraid that I do not agree with this statement. I found the Arnold reveal very disappointing. Arnold looked like second rate CG in this film. I was expecting the fight scene with Marcus John Kyle and Arnold to be more epic and interesting. It was not at all great like some say it was. The ending sucked as well. And where were all the damn terminators in this movie?? I think I counted only 20 of them through out the entire movie. It amazes me that this movie cost $200,000 to make.

This movie just didn't have enough to pull you in, it was as one critic had said "soulless" Even when it was trying so hard to have SOUL. I would not give this movie a second viewing, and I could imagine that the Terminator franchise will need yet another reboot. Oh and TS reminded me a lot of another movie that I watched recently, Outlander. It had a lot of the same characteristics of a failed Sci-Fi movie.

Last edited:
Well, as always, I like a movie alot of other hated. :lol

Just got back from seeing it. Can't understand all the hate. Oh well, I enjoyed it, that's all that matters.

I don't think it's hate, but a general disappointment.

I wasn't disappointed, but I didn't go in expecting T1 or T2. I think there will be another one as well. I think if it would've done better at the box office if Museum hadn't opened at the same time. That's more of a family movie. I'll probably see that next.

I really liked T:S, but the one thing it did not do to me was scare me. If I had directed the movie, I would have tried to portray how utterly unstoppable SkyNet is.....at best, this movie showed the resistance as a bit too well organized, imo. Didn't feel like there was enough on the line with this one

Perhaps. But all the terminator films are different...the first is sort of like a horror movie with action. The 2nd is straight up action flick as is the third. This one is action/war drama. All function on different levels.

I just wanted to add that Sam Worthington is just an absolute amazing actor, this guy has a real bright future imo. It just seems that Australia produces the finest actors these days!

Not to sound like a broken record but this guy just ran the show imo. Brilliant.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I just wanted to add that Sam Worthington is just an absolute amazing actor, this guy has a real bright future imo. It just seems that Australia produces the finest actors these days!

Not to sound like a broken record but this guy just ran the show imo. Brilliant.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Why did they build him in the first place?

Why did they build him in the first place?

I've heard stories where you'd have an actor with a small part that wowed the film makers so much that they extend their involvment to the film. I would assume this is not the case because his screen time was very significant but you never know.

Either way i'm happy he was in it as much as he was.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Keep on preachin! This guy us the man. If they do a sequel, he better come back.

Also, he's going to be in Avatar....so i'm more excited for that now. :rock

Worthington was good and certainly had presence, but I kept noticing his sliding accent. In the film, it's nowhere near as thick as it is in real life and sounded perfectly American at times, but he kept drifting in and out of it. I just hope he gets a good dialect coach if/when he's chosen as the Green Lantern.

I've heard stories where you'd have an actor with a small part that wowed the film makers so much that they extend their involvment to the film.

Other way around. The script was always focused on Marcus. Christian Bale originally met to play that role, but insisted on playing John Connor instead and when he was cast the Connor character was significantly beefed up and the Wright character lost screen time.

Worthington was good and certainly had presence, but I kept noticing his sliding accent. In the film, it's nowhere near as thick as it is in real life and sounded perfectly American at times, but he kept drifting in and out of it. I just hope he gets a good dialect coach if/when he's chosen as the Green Lantern.
Agreed. His "I'm not a good guy" was quite jarring with the full-on accent all of a sudden.

:lecture
see also: star trek, lost,..........butterfly effect :yuck

Please don't include Lost with those. It, Primer also comes to mind, is one of the few that actually gets time travel right. There is no string theory, multiple time lines piffle going on. No alternate dimensions, jumping time lines, multiverse crap. It's internally consistent (at least so far) and only relates to ugly, muddy messes like Terminator as an example of how one should tell a time travel story well.

Last edited:
That review of the original script on CHUD has merit until they get to Terminator Paradise. Judging by how lackluster everyone seemed to be in putting together a final script its actually very surprising the movie came out like it did. I enjoyed it and while some didn't you can't deny that looking at all the last minute "retooling" it could have been an amazing flaming turd at the box office.

Marcus Wright stole the show but if he is back he'd be a full on Endo and that would an interesting turn to remove the humanity from him. Not sure if it'd play the same.

I've heard stories where you'd have an actor with a small part that wowed the film makers so much that they extend their involvment to the film. I would assume this is not the case because his screen time was very significant but you never know.

Either way i'm happy he was in it as much as he was.

Just confused why cyberdyne constructed him to infiltrate before they even knew the machines were taking over...it was all very cloudy...

Back