Terminator Genisys (July 1st, 2015)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator: Genesis (July 1st, 2015)

Just go watch her GoT topless scenes. I can't imagine they've changed much since then.

That's why some didn't like her casting. Too petite and pretty.

I was fine with it since day one. Only thing I've actually dug about this movie so far.

It sounds fun, the rumours of a BTTF II scenario where you'll see the original T-800 going around from another perspective or something.

However I truly don't expect to be able to take it seriously as part of my personal T1 and T2 canon.

I think the reprogrammed T-800 idea was done as well as it could be done in T2 and really only worked once. It was already a tired idea in T3. And yet here they're doing it again by the looks of it. Goodie T-800 means lots of dialogue and Arnie one-liners which again, for me, worked only once and was awful in T3.

I also think they'll overdo the T-800's strength and durability just as they did in T3 and T4. Each of those T-800s survived the things that killed the T-800s in T1 and T2:
T1 version blown in half by homemade explosive - T4 version sustains multiple direct hits with grenades and only loses its flesh covering
T1 version is crushed under a hydraulic press - T3 version holds open a massive blast door with its shoulder
T2 version is melted down very quickly by molten steel - T4 version is doused in molten steel AND frozen aswell and yet survives and is fully functional

T1 and T2 were also light. T1 was tackled by Mat and pushed across the floor and yet in T3 some firemen can't budge a temporarily disabled T-800. T2 rides his motorcycle off a high-up ledge down into the canal and yet the bike remains intact and can carry on. In T3 the T-800 jumps from the crane truck onto the van John Connor is in and buckles the roof in.

T1 and T2 were stronger than humans but they weren't Superman either. How long did it take the T1 endoskeleton just to punch a hole through that factory door so he could reach in and unlock it? T2 T-800 uses grenades to get through doors at Cyberdyne. And yet T4 T-800, with one punch, sends a heavy looking steel door flying clean off its hinges.

I expect them to make many of these same mistakes again aswell as probably a bunch of other stuff.

*insert Debbie Downer Meme here*

Yep I would say that those statements also sum up my take on how the movie currently looks.

The other stuff you stated a-dev with the different strengths and what not I would just put down to some serious 'continuity issues' which most movies, especially ones were there are numerous sequels suffer from. Annoyingly yes but these Hollywood punks always seem to throw a lot of continuity out of the window.

Either that or the old 'my version' is bigger and badder than the originals is in play.

"Has a lot of funny stuff in it"

++rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+comment+46+at+_44a1aef4eb6655504745f5ee093be0c1.gif

Well, atleast he's preparing us.

When I make a terminator evening there are only 3 things active on it:
Gin Tonic, Terminator 1 and Terminator 2 Special Extended.
Period.
Haven´t watched T3 in years and T4 is nice...but not to watch it with the 3rd.
And it just puts the first 2 to shame...

I wonder if they'll expand the story of the T-800 that breaks into the resistance bunker, played by one of Arnie's bodybuilder pals, in this or future films. From that scene you'd give Kyle Rease zero chance of getting out of there alive, yet we know he does because its a flashback.

ac6hxo16.gif

You know what, screw this franchise man. From now on, there was only T1, T2 and this is how it ends.

T2 was the last movie... we win... THE END.

Personally, I'd add TSCC to the list. T3 and Salvation never happened. :lol

Capture.jpg
Capture2.jpg

It seems they wrote this article in the future and sent it back. Couldnt they just send a Terminator back to kill those involved in making this

dont know about another Terminator...but if Arnie is in it how can u not go see it

Back