Terminator Endoskeleton Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people probably don't care about the accuracy though. They just want the Terminator from the first film and if that's what the box says it is then that's good enough. That's probably why Sideshow bought the T1 license and while Chronic seems to be doing great things Sideshow has the name recognition value that will drive people who aren't us to buy this bust. If Sideshow can take their current busts, slap a bit of chest on it, charge likely $1000+ for and people will still buy it why wouldn't they?

I know very little about Endo accuracy, but when buying one, besides being interested in things like QC, details, paint apps etc., I also open my eyes and look at what experts are saying regarding accuracy, the same way with other items I'm collecting. For me it is not what the company says, it is what the collectible truly is. I don't just collect to spend money, I collect for myself, and thus I prefer to know what I'm buying. If someone else would pay money on any item a collectible company releases, no matter quality, accuracy etc., then more power to them, but IMO they should do a bit of research before throwing their hard earned cash...

I know very little about Endo accuracy, but when buying one, besides being interested in things like QC, details, paint apps etc., I also open my eyes and look at what experts are saying regarding accuracy, the same way with other items I'm collecting. For me it is not what the company says, it is what the collectible truly is. I don't just collect to spend money, I collect for myself, and thus I prefer to know what I'm buying. If someone else would pay money on any item a collectible company releases, no matter quality, accuracy etc., then more power to them, but IMO they should do a bit of research before throwing their hard earned cash...

Well said Jkno. I'm guessing that there are more people buying these statues because they look cool and aren't concerned with accuracy at all.

Well said Jkno. I'm guessing that there are more people buying these statues because they look cool and aren't concerned with accuracy at all.

Actually if no one mentioned bad teeth on other busts I wouldn't have been any the wiser . Luckily I joined here and learned a few things to watch out for .
That sealed the deal for me as I bought an HGC bust when in fact I was originally going to buy one from China that seen on eBay.
The only place I'd consider using those repops from China would be on the base of a 1:1 display where you have those broken endo skulls counter sunk in the base itself

I am waiting for the full reveal, but so far its just a generic endo bust being sold as the T1 endo. I would rather wait until someone does it right

I'm not the expert for the minute, minute details that many of you are so I for one am pretty excited about what I see so far and I don't even collect busts.

I just can't stop looking at the picture. Hopefully this sucker makes its way to SDCC for the reveal.

After comparing more, im out. How you even let something like fairly noticeable hoses in the wrong places, etc...

If I can go online and Google movie pics to see what is different, there is no reason they can't do the same. Nevermind having access to more than the Google.

Add that with, depending on price and QC...
:slap

Also I would be looking for T1 and 2 accuracy, not something to looks like or resembles an endo. If that was the case, then I wouldn't be passing on CC's currently or would be looking at Salvation bust more.

I just asked Alex @ Statueforum about this piece. Legacy effects will not be involved in the development. Also this piece is under revision. So we shall see if they put more effort into it and give us a true T-1 Endoskull!

You should get a job with SS , all our problems would be over :)

They really DO need an "accuracy checker" or someone like that when genuinely cares to override some of the silly choices they make. It would take their pieces to the next level. The cost would be a pittance compared to the revenue increase they would see.

They really DO need to care.

They know many people will buy almost anything they make, so why bother...

They've been selling inaccuracies for a long time. Seems to work just fine, why change?

They don't have much competition. Hopefully with companies like Chronicle Collectibles coming up, taking away sales from them, this will change (or is already changing). Maybe they'll take a hard look at themselves and start caring more, like they used to in the beginning.

Back