Terminator 3 not cannon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terminator 8: T-800 Takes Manhattan
Terminator 9: T-800 Goes to Hell
Terminator X (the T-800 gets a sex change into the T-X)
Freddy vs Terminator
Freddy vs Terminator vs Ash vs Yoda vs ED-209 vs Time Bandits vs PredAlien which takes place in the same universe as Darth Vader vs RoboCop vs Smurfs vs Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Now that would be an awesome franchise...

...for me to poop on.
triumph_head.jpg

If Terminator 5: European Vacation has Chevy Chase that would probably be the best movie ever made.

photo58hires.jpg

60517589.png

Ok probably not. :lol

Last edited:
i wonder how many of these thinly-veiled t3 bashing fanboy threads there are now.
t3 came out like 6 years ago, so i'm betting it's a lot.

Yeah, I suppose Westworld fits. So does RoboCop. OCP could have just been a competing company with Cyberdyne. And they both could have had legal representation by Wolfram & Hart (Angel TV series) who represented Weyland Yutani (Alien franchise). I did not make that red part up. Dollhouse is in their too.

Only T1 is "canon" to me.

I think T1 is the superior film but I do still consider T2 to be canon.

My issue with it plotwise is that in T1 Reese said that the resistance blew up the time displacement equipment after they sent him through. So unless he was just assuming they did, maybe they told him they were going to and didn't, it seems to rule out the T-1000 and good-guy T-800 going through to set up the events of T2. Or are we to believe that in fact the bad T-800 and the T-1000 were sent through one immediately after the other by Skynet and only then did the resistance send through its protectors...then they blew it up.

And that raises the whole time-related questions of "If the the evil Terminators went through first then from the point of view of 2029 they should automatically have been successful because the past has already happened" - ergo, there'd be no situation arising in which the resistance would get to send back its protectors.....

i think future john probably decided to keep and use the time machine and possibly built their own eventually.

i think the t800 and t1000 went back through a plot hole.
:lol

"Okay, dad, I mean, Reese, as soon as you're through, we're going to blow this place so nobody else can go through."

Kyle goes through.

"Okay, Tech Guys, now lets reprogram a Terminator that looks just like the one my mom will totally ^^^^ herself to see coming out of the elevator at her with a shot gun in its hand to take care of the T-1000 I didn't tell Kyle about so my mom wouldn't be prepared when it shows up."

"Whatever you say, sir. Why don't we make a little girly Terminator to send back to fall in love with you while we're at it."

"Don't ^^^^ing make fun of me, Tech Guy. I'm John ^^^^ing Connor! I know what I'm doing. I'm the messiah!"

"Should we have that T-800 tell anybody about the T-X that went back to get your team in 2004 while they were all still ****** bags?"

"Hell no, I want my mother to die believing the lie that we stopped the war. Send one of those T-850s after the T-X."

"There's no such thing as a T-850, sir."

"I'm John ^^^^ing Connor, you Tech ^^^ hole, just do it, and stop distracting me! It's ^^^^ing distracting!"
image.php

^stole that pic from Snake Eater^

Last edited:
:lol

"Okay, dad, I mean, Reese, as soon as you're through, we're going to blow this place so nobody else can go through."

Kyle goes through.

"Okay, Tech Guys, now lets reprogram a Terminator that looks just like the one my mom will totally ^^^^ herself to see coming out of the elevator at her with a shot gun in its hand to take care of the T-1000 I didn't tell Kyle about so my mom wouldn't be prepared when it shows up."

"Whatever you say, sir. Why don't we make a little girly Terminator to send back to fall in love with you while we're at it."

"Don't ^^^^ing make fun of me, Tech Guy. I'm John ^^^^ing Connor! I know what I'm doing. I'm the messiah!"

"Should we have that T-800 tell anybody about the T-X that went back to get your team in 2004 while they were all still ****** bags?"

"Hell no, I want my mother to die believing the lie that we stopped the war. Send one of those T-850s after the T-X."

"There's no such thing as a T-850, sir."

"I'm John ^^^^ing Connor, you Tech ^^^ hole, just do it, and stop distracting me! It's ^^^^ing distracting!"

y'know, that's exactly how it happened....happening....will happen....will happen again....happeningingedings

Even though I enjoyed Salvation, I view it as an extended universe story. So to me T3 and TS are not canon to T1 and T2. Cameron's films have a perfect beginning and end, there just can not be a proper sequel.
I used enjoy the Highlander TV show but I never viewed it as canon to the first Highlander movie, which still is a stand alone classic to me

Even though I enjoyed Salvation, I view it as an extended universe story. So to me T3 and TS are not canon to T1 and T2. Cameron's films have a perfect beginning and end, there just can not be a proper sequel.
I used enjoy the Highlander TV show but I never viewed it as canon to the first Highlander movie, which still is a stand alone classic to me

Dino just said what I was trying to say when I had a brain fart earlier.

meh.. that's BS though. I mean.. if you wanna pick and choose what you accept from a movie franchise that's up to you. Doesn't change the fact that all the movies are still considered Canon. T3 sucked. Who cares!? Shouldn't change your opinion on any of the other movies if you like those.

meh.. that's BS though. I mean.. if you wanna pick and choose what you accept from a movie franchise that's up to you. Doesn't change the fact that all the movies are still considered Canon. T3 sucked. Who cares!? Shouldn't change your opinion on any of the other movies if you like those.

:lecture
same could be said about SW. TPM stunk like the NJ turnpike but it's still an integral part of the story.

Back