Terminator 3 not cannon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uscmbuzz

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok why not start a thread that I will just get completely flamed for.. but oh well..everyone is entitled to an opinion.. this aint a thread about who's right or who's wrong.. and I know some didnt like t-3.. the movie isnt supposed to be cannon....But these items show up in T-Salvation which is cannon. I am just saying its kinda unusual thats all..

I will toss a few things out there just to start this off..

1st Johns redhead wife Kate... she was introduced in T-3.. and is a played by a different actress but same character.

T-1 Terminator unit.. Also introduced in T-3 (yea I know it was slightly different, a more armored unit that looks like it would actually see field usage.. but nonetheless same basic design.. just looks like a upgraded model

Hydrogen Fuel Cells .. Also introduced in T-3..( yea its the thing they used in T-S to blow up Skynet yknow the climax of the movie)

Last edited:
Well no technically it is canon. A lot of people, myself very much included, just refuse to accept it as canon in our own personal views of the Terminator universe because we consider it crap. I think you've obviously read people constantly saying ''this POS isn't a real Terminator film'' and took it to heart as literally meaning that it isn't a real Terminator film. It is and we're supposed to take it with T1 and T2. Thats objective fact. Subjectively though its a poor quality film, a pale and needless imitation which made a few too many self-conscious jokes at the expense of the first 2 films that really took me out of the movie. Its as though they constantly wanted to remind the audience 'look its a Terminator film!!' rather than actually telling a worthwhile story that carried on from T2.

Last edited:
If the film makers of Halloween H20 can tell their fans to forget everything that happened after part 1 then we can also similarily do the same with T3.

UH OK HOW DO YOU FORGET h2 WHEN IT HAPPENS THE SAME FRIGGIN NIGHT..... RIGHT.. OK..

But ok.. now I get it.. yea I know alot of people think T3 is crap.. and I do understand the too many jokes part.. I mean when arnie is in the bathroom with the TX and she decides to open a can of whoopass on him.. and she grabs him by the balls and he looks down.. uh that was not funny but dumb..

and I do have to admit.. the crane chase was neat.. EXCEPT.. and I cannot express this enough.. the police cars that chase john connor was plane stupid.. yea I know nanites.. but still it was pushing.. I mean yea the nanites could set the cruis control for 60mph and sure the car should go to 60mph.. so I aint saying they couldnt push the gas peddle down.. or how do they steer do the activate the power steering I mean it was just kinda outthere..

Well no technically it is canon. A lot of people, myself very much included, just refuse to accept it as canon in our own personal views of the Terminator universe because we consider it crap.
Yup. It's the whole Aliens 3 and 4 deal all over again, as many people choose to ignore them because of being PO'd at Hicks, Bishop, and Newts death in Pt 3 (myself included). And as fans we get to ignore movies we don't like. Hell Yea! The HIGHLANDER movies for me ended at #1. In fact, I'm still waiting for a new Star wars movie besides the original three! (laugh). I joke. I accept the prequels happened, but in my mind they were much better written, much better acted, and flowed better with my own personal conception of what pre-Star Wars Jedi were like after 20 years of imagining. Hey, I can do that too. Shut up! :) :chew:chew

T3 did become an alternate future in the Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, when the crew jumped ahead in time several years first season.
I hated T4. I thought T4 was so bad it makes me miss T:TSCC immensely and I don't consider it any better than T3! :horror

If the film makers of Halloween H20 can tell their fans to forget everything that happened after part 1 then we can also similarily do the same with T3.

I personally think that Halloween 1 and 2 were the only good ones..

---------------------

Also I think the only parts you need from T3 are:

1. The end with all the missiles launching
2. The part where Arnie catches the bullet with his mouth, spits it out, "Don't do dat" (just for laughs :D)

Who said it wasnt canon???? People are only saying that cos they didnt like it which is a ludicrous reason. Now if you say it isnt canon cos Cameron was not involved then that's different as he the creator said he told the story he wanted to tell already in T1/T2.

How can you take T3 seriously and not TSCC??? Arnie's presence doesn't make it more canon than the show. The relentless failed attempts at humour spat all over the films before it. TSCC at least returned to a more serious approach.

I liked tscc but like when that first terminator made the bathtub of flesh and refleshed himself..I thought that was kinda pushing believability....even though I did like how he covered himself up with street clothes and a paintball mask.. or the motorcycle helmet..to hide the endoskeleton, that was pretty good ideas... I guess the T-888 models had heads that have there own power source.. ahem.. that was an interesting idea never seen before.. haha..

but that was almost the last ep I watched.. I got up till the epsode they find his uncle.. then I just hadnt gone back yet to finish the first season.. I didnt even know until recently there was a 2nd season....

Last edited:
Who said it wasnt canon???? People are only saying that cos they didnt like it which is a ludicrous reason. Now if you say it isnt canon cos Cameron was not involved then that's different as he the creator said he told the story he wanted to tell already in T1/T2.

Just goes to show how much you even know about Jim's "Storys" he plagiarized the idea for T1 from Harlan Ellison's Outter Limits t.v. episodes in 1963 and 1964. T2 may have been his and William Wisher Jr story but the original concept of Skynet and what not were not his idea and without it you don't have T2.

T3 may be cannon but you still don't know much about Terminator. Just thought I would point that out.

Hey Terminator hows it going?.. Can you post the outer limits eps you refer to.. and possibly the similiarities etc... Thats very interesting.. I love the outer limits but unfortunately dont remember all of them..

Hey Terminator hows it going?.. Can you post the outer limits eps you refer to.. and possibly the similiarities etc... Thats very interesting.. I love the outer limits but unfortunately dont remember all of them..

From imdb .........

Science fiction author Harlan Ellison sued James Cameron, claiming that the film was plagiarized from the two "The Outer Limits" (1963) episodes that Ellison wrote, namely "The Outer Limits: Soldier (#2.1)" (1964) and "The Outer Limits: Demon with a Glass Hand (#2.5)" (1964). The concept of "Skynet" could also have been borrowed from an Ellison short story called "I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream." The suit was settled out of court and newer prints of the film acknowledge Ellison.

Demon with a glass hand part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lImaly19Yps&feature=related

part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSZ3RdUL7Iw&feature=related

part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHzRHV_66ks&feature=related

There are more parts but you can see where he "borrowed" the premise for his entire story.

Back