Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once confirmation comes in that Sideshow will be giving a refund for this defect, I will put in my request also. :(

I kinda freaked out when I reached up behind my Terminator and felt it sticking. Took him down and checked it over and luckily it didn't pull away any paint. Damn some of the damage we're seeing is total bull____. This is something we're going to have to watch out for now.

Hadda look after reading these posts, a minor bit of cling around the back of the neck but no paint came off. Might not be such an issue if it weren't happening around the removable areas.

wow, can't believe this is happening. Feel bad for you guys.

Hopefully Sideshow make things right.
So sick of all 3 major companies (SS, HT, EB) not properly testing and then expecting the consumer to just deal with it...

I saved my Indy after hearing about the stories, it's still up and displayed like a good ole Raider.

I'll have to do the same with this, I still have this on Flex. The baby powder on the pleather will help the contact not stick and it's a loose agent for resin/paints.

Other suggestions, I'm going to seal this guy (all contact parts) as soon as it comes off Flex. Otherwise repaint the whole damn thing, this is a must for my collection.

I WILL make it happen.

Cheers FrEaKs!!!

Ski

Despite all the issues, I love this piece way too much to even consider returning it. Hot Toys version will probably crumble and melt within six months.

I saved my Indy after hearing about the stories, it's still up and displayed like a good ole Raider.

I'll have to do the same with this, I still have this on Flex. The baby powder on the pleather will help the contact not stick and it's a loose agent for resin/paints.

Other suggestions, I'm going to seal this guy (all contact parts) as soon as it comes off Flex. Otherwise repaint the whole damn thing, this is a must for my collection.

I WILL make it happen.

Cheers FrEaKs!!!

Ski

Stupid people with talent to do these things on their own. I hate them.

I WILL make it happen.

Cheers FrEaKs!!!

Ski

Hey, Ski. I know you always have a lot on your plate, but if you have the time could explain that further? What do you mean by sealing all contact parts, and what is entailed with that?

What do you mean that baby powder is a "loose agent" for resin and paints? Does that mean that it's okay to use?

Also, since you have the mad skillz and all. Any suggestions to prevent the jacket from deteriorating as a just in case precaution? We don't know yet if that will even be an issue, but if there's something we can do now that's not too complicated then...

Hey Guys! I was a bit ticked off initially by this whole sticking jacket mess!

Luckily no real damage to my piece when I separated the pieces from the jacket!

I've got a descent solution till we hear from sideshow about this situation....cuz its a great looking piece n it's no good to me laying somewhere disassembled or put back in package!

So I cut out a black piece of cloth.....I'll let the pics explain :

IMG_0296.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

I used 100% cotton cuz its non toxic and will keep area cool in a warm environment.....summer upon us!

Same can be repeated for where both wrists meet the jacket!

Great idea! How about where the gun touches the front collar? There's not enough space there as it is.

Speaking of which, is there ANY way to get the paint off the jacket now? There's silver on my figure's collar. Is there a solution out there that won't damage the jacket? Would acrylic thinner work?

Hey, Ski. I know you always have a lot on your plate, but if you have the time could explain that further? What do you mean by sealing all contact parts, and what is entailed with that?

What do you mean that baby powder is a "loose agent" for resin and paints? Does that mean that it's okay to use?

Also, since you have the mad skillz and all. Any suggestions to prevent the jacket from deteriorating as a just in case precaution? We don't know yet if that will even be an issue, but if there's something we can do now that's not too complicated then...

+1
Like to hear that too.:)

Great idea! How about where the gun touches the front collar? There's not enough space there as it is.

Speaking of which, is there ANY way to get the paint off the jacket now? There's silver on my figure's collar. Is there a solution out there that won't damage the jacket? Would acrylic thinner work?

I usually lift up the collar n the gun rests on his shoulder.....small piece of cloth can be placed there.

Yeah thinner would work but use very little on a q-tip.....n gentle rubs.

Hmm, so you think the thinner would be okay on the cloth?

We should have guessed this from the begining. I remember some of the soft foam sticking to the jacket right out of the packaging from the start.

im going to dust mine with some baby powder as it was sticking it has to be something either with the jacket or in the paint. the part that was touching on the hand was stcky almost like what ever is sprayed on the jacket was reacting with the paint. I wonder if they put a type of sealent or armor-all on the jacket to get it to shine up the way it is.

Back