Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, my T1 PF doesn't quite sit flush with the base and the back leg just hovers above it slightly:

20161216_234838.jpg

I noticed if I push down on the leg, I can get it to touch the base, but it just reverts back as soon as I let go. If I apply heat with a hair dryer, will this fix it? If so, where should I be heating?

Yep looks like a job for power tools. If you need a little encouragement check out Rafael Robledo Jr's YouTube videos. He does this kind of stuff fearlessly lol. I'd try a little WD40 on the peg too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nah the foot with the peg is fine man. Sits flush with the base. It's just the back foot that hovers over the base. As i said, if I push down on it, I can get it to touch the base and I can see the other leg move slightly, but then as soon as I let it go, it springs back, hence why I thought some heat might do the trick (at least that's what I've been told by someone who repairs statues, just haven't been game enough to try it lol).

Right on man. Sounds like what Collectorcol said is a good way to go, though rather than drilling deeper, I bet widening the peg hole with a dremel or drill would work. It would allow the peg to slightly lean inside the hole, a looser fit, allowing the other foot to touch the base. Basically using a drill bit one size bigger than what fits in the peg hole now. I've never done this, just an idea for you.

I doubt you're going to get a leg to shift position with heat.
You'd also need to remove all the fabric from that area.

Don't know how long it's been on display but may settle with gravity over time.
Doesn't look too bad to be honest but if it bugs you...

Right on man. Sounds like what Collectorcol said is a good way to go, though rather than drilling deeper, I bet widening the peg hole with a dremel or drill would work. It would allow the peg to slightly lean inside the hole, a looser fit, allowing the other foot to touch the base. Basically using a drill bit one size bigger than what fits in the peg hole now. I've never done this, just an idea for you.

You might actually be onto something. Going to inspect the peg hole area and see how it sits in the base.

I doubt you're going to get a leg to shift position with heat.
You'd also need to remove all the fabric from that area.

Don't know how long it's been on display but may settle with gravity over time.
Doesn't look too bad to be honest but if it bugs you...

I purchased it off someone else, who had it on display for a while. I actually didn't notice it until recently. It isn't too bad, but yeah, does bug me a little (got a bit of OCD lol). If it's too risky to fix I might just leave it.

oazwbt.gif

Glue the 'floating' leg to the base?!

hahaha that was my reaction when I read that as well!

I've gone back to 2012 in this thread, just to hopefully see this posed alongside Enterbay's BD T-800 and/or Hot Toys' 1/4 Endoskeleton (QS002). What glimmer of hope I had was terminated by Photobucket's greedy-arse dismemberment of the internets.

So, here I am wondering; has anyone displayed this alongside the aforementioned pieces? Does it hold up, scale wise? Any (non-Photobucket) pics perhaps? Much obliged.

And are there any othee similarly sized T1 T-800 that have this, IMO, definitive pose, or can be posed to match it?

I did. HT’s Endo is smaller for sure. Not shocking I would say but the difference is quite noticeable.

8827920112_e4ba7a114c_b.jpg

Hey guys, my T1 PF doesn't quite sit flush with the base and the back leg just hovers above it slightly:

View attachment 312298

I noticed if I push down on the leg, I can get it to touch the base, but it just reverts back as soon as I let go. If I apply heat with a hair dryer, will this fix it? If so, where should I be heating?

Put a small piece of black felt under the foot. You will forget about it in a week and will never notice gap again.

Put a small piece of black felt under the foot. You will forget about it in a week and will never notice gap again.

Lol that post was from 2016 man :lol I've since rectified it. I had some other issues with the statue that I got repaired and while I was at it, I had the guy fix the statue so it sat flush with the base.

I did. HT’s Endo is smaller for sure. Not shocking I would say but the difference is quite noticeable.

8827920112_e4ba7a114c_b.jpg

Awesome setup! This is exactly what I was hoping for. How did you solve the height difference, seeing as the Sideshow PF is on a podium? And is your QS002 stock or modded?

Two questions:

1. How much are these worth these days, MISB, regular and EX? (eBay doesn't have enough data.)

2. If you have the HT 1/4 Endo and Enterbay's Terminators, how tall should the block(s)/boxes be under their stands to raise them to the same level as this pedestal-sporting, bullhide-wearing, police station slayer?

Obliged.

Paid $800 for mine.
I think there's about an inch in height difference between EB and HT.
Not sure about the PF.

Back