Terminator 1:2 Scale, Full Body, Hollywood Collectors Group

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had the HCG one for years and it still looks as good as the day I bought it. The only issue I had was one of the blue lights on the base fell inside the base but everything else is perfect, the eyes have been working since day 1 and are still working. This is an awesome piece and needs to be displayed correctly i.e in a nice display case like the pic above. The only thing that took the shine away from it was when I picked up the 1/1 scale with the 2 plasma rifles but I still like it. I don't know what the SS version is like but if you get a chance to buy it then I would recommend it.

Yeah mine looks as good as the day i bought it as well. It's in a display free of dust and all the lights work perfect. I love this statue and it was well worth the money. :lecture

I am always hesitant to use the credits on something I am not sure of, as you don't get them back if you return(disagree with that policy). I don't think this will sell out any time soon so I would wait for a double rewards or something like that to order and help soften the blow. I am looking to get one someday also, but for now the half figure bust will have to do.

Thanks for post and thoughts buddy :) Thing is, you already have that awesome Endo half scale bust in your collection (which I think is amazing by the way!) if I had that then I don't think I'd be so rushed to getting the half scale figure :( I have the Sideshow 1:1 chrome endo bust but i need more of the body! :lol :lol

I have had the HCG one for years and it still looks as good as the day I bought it. The only issue I had was one of the blue lights on the base fell inside the base but everything else is perfect, the eyes have been working since day 1 and are still working. This is an awesome piece and needs to be displayed correctly i.e in a nice display case like the pic above. The only thing that took the shine away from it was when I picked up the 1/1 scale with the 2 plasma rifles but I still like it. I don't know what the SS version is like but if you get a chance to buy it then I would recommend it.

Yeah mine looks as good as the day i bought it as well. It's in a display free of dust and all the lights work perfect. I love this statue and it was well worth the money. :lecture

Thanks for the input guys :clap glad to read about some happy customers...especially you Jay as i cant believe you actually received this from Sideshow in one piece!!! :lol :lol usually the FedEx team have played a 90 minute soccer match with your shippers before it eventually arrives at your doorstep! ;)

Thanks for post and thoughts buddy :) Thing is, you already have that awesome Endo half scale bust in your collection (which I think is amazing by the way!) if I had that then I don't think I'd be so rushed to getting the half scale figure :( I have the Sideshow 1:1 chrome endo bust but i need more of the body! :lol :lol

Thanks for the input guys :clap glad to read about some happy customers...especially you Jay as i cant believe you actually received this from Sideshow in one piece!!! :lol :lol usually the FedEx team have played a 90 minute soccer match with your shippers before it eventually arrives at your doorstep! ;)
:lol This was years ago before they hated me.

Hey all, I need some help.

I've been working on repainting/customizing my 1:2 HCG Endo, and the AC cable just died on me - blown capacitor in the adapter. I got the statue second hand, but I want to make sure I get a replacement adapter with the correct power output.

The adapter included with my endo was 4.5v, 1000MA. Is this the same as yours???

Thanks for the info!

Further adding to the ac adapter confusion… The rear of the HCG base is stamped with "9v 300mA" near the barrel connector. Weird.

In the mean time, here are a few teaser photos of the repaint:

wow, looks really good, how did you paint the teeth? Why not just replace the capacitor if you already know that's the problem?

Nice work dmpsk8! I dug this up from an old post of mine. Hope this helps:

From Aimee of Sideshow back in May of 2009:

-----------------------

It turns out that the 1:2 scale Endoskeleton does not come with a power cord. The piece does have the hook up to use an A/C adapter, if he would like to, but he would have to purchase separately from another source. Here is the information he will need if he would like to purchase one.

USA model: HNC060200U

Input: 100-240V/ 50-60H/ 0.45A Max

Output: 6.0V-2.0A

-----------------------

I ended up buying a Radio Shack AC-to-DC power adapter model #273-1696:

RadioShack

Forgot which adaptaplug I went with. Works great. Have it plugged in since 2009 and still works like a champ.

How did you do the bullet holes? Is it just the angle as it looks like you've drilled holes.

wow, looks really good, how did you paint the teeth? Why not just replace the capacitor if you already know that's the problem?

The teeth we're done with black gloss acrylic, thinned with some high gloss modge podge. As far as replacing the capacitor, I stink at soldering stuff that small, and I'm worried other parts on the board may have been damaged during the little explosion when the capacitor popped. The statue is too costly for me to feel comfortable experimenting.:slap

Nice work dmpsk8! I dug this up from an old post of mine. Hope this helps:

From Aimee of Sideshow back in May of 2009:

-----------------------

It turns out that the 1:2 scale Endoskeleton does not come with a power cord. The piece does have the hook up to use an A/C adapter, if he would like to, but he would have to purchase separately from another source. Here is the information he will need if he would like to purchase one.

USA model: HNC060200U
Input: 100-240V/ 50-60H/ 0.45A Max
Output: 6.0V-2.0A

-----------------------

I ended up buying a Radio Shack AC-to-DC power adapter model #273-1696:

RadioShack

Forgot which adaptaplug I went with. Works great. Have it plugged in since 2009 and still works like a champ.

That explains it! I knew something was weird about this. I actually just picked a dc adapter from radioshack today. I matched the power requirements stamped on the base (9v 300ma) and its working fine. Hopefully there are no long term issues. I can't believe they didn't include an adapter with something this expensive, that's crazy.

How did you do the bullet holes? Is it just the angle as it looks like you've drilled holes.

You're correct. The holes are only about 1/4" deep. They don't go all the way through the resin. I added some gloss to the inner part of the hole, which helps make them look a little deeper.

Now, onto another electrical issue. Has anyone else found the switch on the original HCG endo to be a little flaky?

The "ON" and OFF" positions work fine, but I'm having some intermittent issues with the "FLASH" mode. Not that I have any real interest in displaying it with those seizure-inducing strobe lights, but I plan on fixing whatever's causing it… presumably that funky switch.

I recently sold my 1:1 full size clean version had it for over 10 years....luckily all went well with the transport and delivery. I missed it occupying my room, so I bought a 1:2 with some of the profit money......yup, doubled my money :)
Love this 1:2 scale! Actually assembles the same way but so much easier to deal with, nice and shiney! Not worth the full retail but if you get a deal, its worth it for sure!!

Anyone actually pre-ordered the new SS version?

Due to ship next month. If it turns out as good as the HCG, quite doubtful, I'll probably get one.
If there's issues will have to get the Chronicle 1:4.

I'm going for one of the new 1:4 statues myself. I hope the molds on this held up better than the skull for those who ordered though.

Mine was the same, loose connection on battery box. I pulled the box out and resoldered the wires. Never had a problem after that.

Hope we get some pictures when this starts shipping, and praying Sideshow put in the effort it deserves.

Anyone got the base dimensions?

No worries man. Yeah 53 deep. You would get away with putting one on that table I reckon. I just got a cheapo £8 table from ikea for mine hahaha! Fingers crossed they come out well! You will never be retired haha!

Back