Terminator 1:2 Scale, Full Body, Hollywood Collectors Group

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No mate, the HCG is the one to get. The SIdeshow version is the poorer version. To be honest the CM blows both of them away. The quality on that version os jaw dropping and actually looks scary if that makes sense. The HCG wins on presence,everyone commented on the hcg t800 more than anyother statue ive ever owned including stuff we think of as grails.

The cm goes for over 3k though. If I was rich, of course if get that version, but I had to settle for the 1:2 at basically half the price

Thanks for your thoughts guys, appreciate it :) but you've made my decision a harder one :lol now I'm wondering if i'll be disappointed with the Sideshow version as opposed to the HCG version due to these differences in quality that you mention. Wish there was a side by side comparison of both versions so we could see the differences visually :( I wanted to stick with 1/2 scale so that it continues with the theme of the rest of my other pieces rather than go for the 1/3 CM version...

Wonder if I should just risk it and get the Sideshow version? :dunno

Go for it. I'd buy another one if it comes up at the right price. The teeth are an easy fix.if you go for the double gun look dont waste your money on the hcg 1:2 plama rifle as its too heavy.better to make a cast of the one it comes with. The arm on mine was straining under the weight and I felt it was only a matter of time before it snapped.

Go for it. I'd buy another one if it comes up at the right price. The teeth are an easy fix.if you go for the double gun look dont waste your money on the hcg 1:2 plama rifle as its too heavy.better to make a cast of the one it comes with. The arm on mine was straining under the weight and I felt it was only a matter of time before it snapped.

So the standalone gun is much heavier than the one that comes with the figure? I have the 1/2 bust that has two guns and figured the one they sold separate was just better painted.

The standalone 1:2 plama rifle weighed alot more than the one that comes with the 1:2 t800. The standalone was way nicer but its just too heavy. Over time that arm will sag plus to line it up properly you have to break a finger. Id imagine the half scale comes with the same gun as the statue.

The standalone 1:2 plama rifle weighed alot more than the one that comes with the 1:2 t800. The standalone was way nicer but its just too heavy. Over time that arm will sag plus to line it up properly you have to break a finger. Id imagine the half scale comes with the same gun as the statue.

How heavy would you say? The ones with the bust are pretty heavy, probably 2 pounds each.

:lol Yea, I think I will cos there's no point waiting for a HCG version to show up cos that ship has sailed :( So the things to watch out for on the Sideshow version are the teeth and the poorly painted base? Sounds like Sideshow alright! :exactly: :lol :lol Like you said, the seem to be easy fixes. As long as the light features work then I'm happy cos those lights totally make this piece rock when on display! :rock

I'd love to create that second arm cast for another gun but doubt i'll tamper with it too much...here is a recent picture from a fellow collector on facebook who posted this epic pic :rock2

u3e9utem.jpg

Well, I guess I'm gonna have to learn the hard way cos I'm gonna go ahead and place the order for the 1/2 scale Sideshow version which hopefully ships in November as stated...I really hope it's not that bad :panic:

Please post your impressions here when you get the statue, I am also interested in this one.

I have the HCG version the paint is coming away from the base. The electrics are faulty too.

The cable came off my battery connection and I had to solder it back on. When I pulled the battery box out something fell in the base leaving a rattle,never found out what it was. Also looking inside from the back down, inside at the spine the joints were turning green which may have been oxidisation from the chrome but it looked really bad.still a great statue tho.

The cable came off my battery connection and I had to solder it back on. When I pulled the battery box out something fell in the base leaving a rattle,never found out what it was. Also looking inside from the back down, inside at the spine the joints were turning green which may have been oxidisation from the chrome but it looked really bad.still a great statue tho.

:lol :lol I love this post bro ;) I'm kind of left thinking to myself "Oh no!!" when reading the first few sentences about how many flaws you found on your one and then you rescue the post at the end by saying 'still a great statue...' :rock :lol Now I'm back to square one and feeling confused as to whether to go ahead and order it or not! :gah:

Dont get me wrong its a great statue and has amazing presence. If I could find one for the right price id buy it again.

Dont get me wrong its a great statue and has amazing presence. If I could find one for the right price id buy it again.

So it's worth giving it a go then? I've got a nice amount of credit to apply to this piece if I do order with Sideshow so I'm ready to take the plunge into the world of the Endo half scale!! :yess: what's the bet as soon as I've PO'd this that Sideshow will announce a new Endo!!! :slap I know one is imminent but just don't know when :dunno

So it's worth giving it a go then? I've got a nice amount of credit to apply to this piece if I do order with Sideshow so I'm ready to take the plunge into the world of the Endo half scale!! :yess: what's the bet as soon as I've PO'd this that Sideshow will announce a new Endo!!! :slap I know one is imminent but just don't know when :dunno

I am always hesitant to use the credits on something I am not sure of, as you don't get them back if you return(disagree with that policy). I don't think this will sell out any time soon so I would wait for a double rewards or something like that to order and help soften the blow. I am looking to get one someday also, but for now the half figure bust will have to do.

Back