Terminator 1:2 Scale, Full Body, Hollywood Collectors Group

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey turtle great looking glass display. How do you get in there to turn the bases light feature on. Is there a trap door in the cabinet area or something because I know you are not lifting the glass everytime you want to turn the statue on. I do see that you have extra lighting installed in the case which must look sweet too. Thanks , Mike

Excellent mod on the wires Chewee--looks awesome. Can't wait to see the completed double gun mod. I got my lighted glass case done about 4 months ago. 3/8" glass=super heavy. Here is what it looks like:

endocase372.jpg

endocase3107.jpg

Fits in really good with the living room:
endocase390.jpg

Thanks everybody ... :cool:

Whaou:monkey5 Turtle ...

Your display is awesome !!! Love it ... :duh

Love your home too ... :D

Well ... new step ... before installing the heavy display glass ...

more than 80 kgs just for the glass ...

dsc00305w.jpg

dsc00301w.jpg

dsc00302h.jpg

dsc00307v.jpg

dsc00309r.jpg

As expected the additional rifle has made your T-800 look awesome.
If only this piece looked like this "out of the box".

Great stuff!

Thank you for all the kind words.

Damn that's a classy living room turtle! Love it, how much did you pay for the glass cover?

Really like it a lot!

Thanks Toni. PM sent.

Hey Turtle nice job on that case it looks amazing, it makes the figure look even cooler, I am hoping to get one for mine and also the Pred. CM. I don't really have the space but hopefully some day.

Cheers :D

Thanks Chris. I feel you on the space issue. I still have stuff sitting in boxes, waiting to be displayed. I think displaying the pieces is the real challenge when it comes to collecting collectibles.

Hey turtle great looking glass display. How do you get in there to turn the bases light feature on. Is there a trap door in the cabinet area or something because I know you are not lifting the glass everytime you want to turn the statue on. I do see that you have extra lighting installed in the case which must look sweet too. Thanks , Mike

Thanks Mike. I thought I was supposed to leave it on continuously--Just kidding:D. Unless I want some serious exercise with 3 of my good buddies, I will never remove the extremely heavy glass enclosure.

Seriously, I bought the appropriate AC to DC adapter from Radio Shack (item#273-1696) to power the lights on the statue. Note this adapter will also need the appropriate adataplug (forgot which one I bought). I drilled 2 holes on the top side of the pedestal for both the wires powering the lights on the statue and the wires for powering the added LED lights, ran the wires through it, sealed up the holes with electrical tape (to avoid dust). Since the base is sitting on rubber risers, the wires cleared the bottom of the base perfectly. I left the lighting on the statue on the "on" mode (didn't want the strobe effect), and hooked it up to a (Leviton White Decora Anywhere Switch/Outlet 6697-W) to turn it on and off. Amazon carries this switch:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004YUN1/ref=pd_luc_sbs_02_02

I hooked the added LED lights on a 2nd swith and presto. I get to choose which set of lights I want to turn on, and the statue remains completely sealed in the enclosure. Best of all, the switch blends perfectly with the rest of the light switches in the house. Hope this answers your question.

Thanks everybody ... :cool:

Whaou:monkey5 Turtle ...

Your display is awesome !!! Love it ... :duh

Love your home too ... :D

Well ... new step ... before installing the heavy display glass ...

more than 80 kgs just for the glass ...

dsc00309r.jpg

Simply awesome Chewee :bow:bow. Excellent work. Can't wait to see it enclosed with glass. I hear you on the weight of the glass, I wanted to mod the wires but really don't have the man power (to remove the glass top) or the time for it. Keep the updates coming.

Wow!
love the mod
Is it just holding the gun by grip or did you put pins in it?
I have this but am receiving the half scale next week, there's nothing saying they both cant have two guns right. Hehe

Many thanks everybody :eek:

My english is not perfect, so it's better to show you details ... :D

1st - right hand ... with holes ... to put the plasma on the hand

before & after ...

termhcg007.jpg
dsc00313d.jpg

Left Hand ... Plasma is the HCG half size ...

A metalic part to attach the plasma on the arm ... Impossible to remove now ...

Fingers were broken and repositioned to cope & fit with the plasma ...

dsc00310v.jpg
dsc00314uw.jpg

dsc00310q.jpg
dsc00311ne.jpg

Turtle, Chewee, thanks so much for the details on the mods you guys did.

I had the many of the same questions, as I was reading to catch up the thread.

Chewie, did you then buy a 1:2 scale bust from HCG and remodified the plasma gun that way?

Well, you are all not going to believe this:

I was just told about 15 minutes ago that I AM getting a REPLACEMENT for my Endo! How?

My LCS, Chinook Hobbies, has been able to warranty it through them. They were able to get it under warranty and give me one of theirs. Outstanding!

This is going to be a great compliment to another great piece, the CM Endo!

I was just told about 15 minutes ago that I AM getting a REPLACEMENT for my Endo! How?

My LCS, Chinook Hobbies, has been able to warranty it through them. They were able to get it under warranty and give me one of theirs. Outstanding!

Wonderful news !!! :chew:chew:chew:

Sincerily happy for you :banana:banana:banana

Chewie, did you then buy a 1:2 scale bust from HCG and remodified the plasma gun that way?

( I will not buy the 1:2 HCG bust ... :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

Sic buddy!!!!
Congrats!!!:chew

Congrats. Awesome news. Very happy for you. Hopefully, this one will be in perfect working order.

Back