Terminator 1:2 Scale, Full Body, Hollywood Collectors Group

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah all the local places around me are ridiculously overpriced.

Darn. Well scrap that idea. DIY would be tough to do at home I'd imagine to get the panels lined up right for gluing, and to prevent scratching of the acrylic during the process. I have a statue that won't fit in my cabinet I've thought about building one for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darn. Well scrap that idea. DIY would be tough to do at home I'd imagine to get the panels lined up right for gluing, and to prevent scratching of the acrylic during the process. I have a statue that won't fit in my cabinet I've thought about building one for.

It would be $800 to $1500 on the low side to get one custom made.

Yeah it's going to be tough. I can get the sheets cut for free, but gluing them together since they're going to have to be so large to accommodate this piece is going to be a pain. A box shape with just an open end to slide over it seems the simplest. Forget trying to drill into it for a hinged door, I'm sure acrylic cracks easily.

It would be $800 to $1500 on the low side to get one custom made.

Yeah it's going to be tough. I can get the sheets cut for free, but gluing them together since they're going to have to be so large to accommodate this piece is going to be a pain. A box shape with just an open end to slide over it seems the simplest. Forget trying to drill into it for a hinged door, I'm sure acrylic cracks easily.

I had just written this long post about adding the hinged door, then deleted it because it massively overcomplicates things lol.

I had just written this long post about adding the hinged door, then deleted it because it massively overcomplicates things lol.

Haha yeah I was reading about it and then I saw how confusing the steps were. Most say you need a welding torch...no deal. What are you planning to build a case for?

Haha yeah I was reading about it and then I saw how confusing the steps were. Most say you need a welding torch...no deal. What are you planning to build a case for?

My Lord of Darkness bust. The horns stick out so far I'd need like 3 feet, probably won't do it.

My Lord of Darkness bust. The horns stick out so far I'd need like 3 feet, probably won't do it.

Lowes sells huge acrylic or plexiglass sheets. The most you'd be spending would be 350 tops. But the hardest part is gluing them together.

Pic please? Not many people own the 1:1 I'd love to see yours. Here's the thread https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...leton&highlight=life+size+figure+endoskeleton

fa1c85a7b08e211fbca72970db3e8bbf.jpg
ff2005b3bba2919f8cfaa7dc74156b64.jpg
545d3672f2c405ab0e9790a37cb48128.jpg
73b2265ea06006bfc973a940916a34f3.jpg

Here are a few I have.

100% it is the guns...

I would say it's definitely the guns also, I keep mine in the down position but started off with one up and one down.

I took this pic in April last year

cfe04cbb7dbb86d1aedfe7081254d032.jpg

And this one today.

9e2edde7d83f0999eac3a68b451a4d58.jpg

I can't tell if there is any leaning but it doesn't look like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scratch the acrylic idea. I wasn't too impressed with anything I saw in-store. Back to square one.

Could be the angle of the pic I suppose, but the hips look to be leaning to our left in that pic. The "femurs" look to be slanted as well.

Could be the angle of the pic I suppose, but the hips look to be leaning to our left in that pic. The "femurs" look to be slanted as well.

Thanks for the feedback. It may be the angle as I couldn't get it the same in both pics. It doesn't look to be leaning in hand (to me anyway) and if it is it is very slight and not as bad as some. I did have play in the foot pegs when assembling it so I wrapped them in tape to make them fit tighter, same with the head.

I think I'm going to repaint the endo rifle. I kind of like the chrome/silver and black look that was featured in T2-3D. Does anyone know which is more accurate to T2 though? Sideshow's 1:1 rifles are silver and black but as far what's seen on film they appear to be black/dark grey, but it's extremely hard to tell.

After doing some research and viewing screen shots and gifs I'm pretty convinced the rifles are black and silver

Back