TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cover pic? Gonna try and find one if I can

Mine showed up from Amazon on Friday. I got just a little over 200 pages into it without any spoilers but I can tell the next bit coming up is going to give more away than I want to know. Fantastic read so far. The Forward from Christopher Nolan is poetic. Here's the cover, which is just beautiful, but it was the first pic once you open the book that got me. I'll leave that for you to see for yourselves.

MakingofTDKR.jpg

As for The Bat, I've got enough room to display it. My wife let me have a whole bedroom for my office which is where I currently display my collection.

The thing that's going to suck is that I have to have a custom display cabinet built and I'd like to have it done in advance. I figure that since it needs to be large enough to hold The Bat that it will also be large enough to hold the other half of my collection, which will be the 60's era Batman line. Now I just need to find someone that can build the thing.

Yeah, shipping would be hefty on this one. Glad I don't have to be concerned about that.
The thing is though, this will probably not see the light of day till end of 2013. So far, no price point either, but the shops are all taking pre-orders.

Mine showed up from Amazon on Friday. I got just a little over 200 pages into it without any spoilers but I can tell the next bit coming up is going to give more away than I want to know. Fantastic read so far. The Forward from Christopher Nolan is poetic. Here's the cover, which is just beautiful, but it was the first pic once you open the book that got me. I'll leave that for you to see for yourselves.

MakingofTDKR.jpg

Is there much artwork in there? I was pretty disappointed with the batman begins book.

There's more photographs of models, sets, locations, etc than artwork. Most of the art is pictures from comics that directly influenced the films. There is some digital artwork, concept paintings and sketches of character designs that are great though and they're presented beautifully; sometimes filling the entire page. There's a really great painting of The Bat parked on a rooftop that I remember. This book is REALLY well done and probably the nicest of all the Nolan trilogy hardcovers I own. It's hard not to keep reading. The interviews with the cast are great as well. I can't believe how many stunts weren't performed by stuntmen. Like Heath being dropped 120 feet off the set for his final showdown with Batman. Crazy!

Definitely going to be picking that book up, it seems like the whole set is worth a buy (The Art and Making of, The Dark Knight Manual, and The Batmobile). Regarding The Bat, as awesome as I think it is, the longer it takes, the better, as that's more time for me to figure out where to put it, gather funds, etc.

There's more photographs of models, sets, locations, etc than artwork. Most of the art is pictures from comics that directly influenced the films. There is some digital artwork, concept paintings and sketches of character designs that are great though and they're presented beautifully; sometimes filling the entire page. There's a really great painting of The Bat parked on a rooftop that I remember. This book is REALLY well done and probably the nicest of all the Nolan trilogy hardcovers I own. It's hard not to keep reading. The interviews with the cast are great as well. I can't believe how many stunts weren't performed by stuntmen. Like Heath being dropped 120 feet off the set for his final showdown with Batman. Crazy!

Any chance you can snap a photo or scan a page or two? I've never even known these "art of" books existed, but there seems to be some for the Marvel films and even Sucker Punch. Sounds very intriguing...

Here's a couple shots I just snapped with my iPhone so they don't really do the book justice, but you'll get the idea. No pics from the new flick so as not to spoil anyone.

MakingofTDKR004.jpg

MakingofTDKR003.jpg

MakingofTDKR002.jpg

MakingofTDKR001.jpg

Awesome had this pre ordered from amazon for ages so how comes you got yours? I gotta wait haha

Awesome had this pre ordered from amazon for ages so how comes you got yours? I gotta wait haha

I was really surprised when I received the notice that it had shipped already. I'm guessing it was an "OOPS!" moment from them, although it's not the first time I've received something from them ahead of the scheduled release date. Weird, but not complaining.

I'd never shell out for a 1/6 Bat, but if i can get decent reference, i would consider making one for myself. I have the skills and the tools. I'd just need good reference.
Something tells me that little toy that came out isn't accurate...
:)

Back