TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also I think that maybe and just maybe they are waiting to get the bluray and behind the scenes TDKR to make THE BAT more accurate...

Also I think that maybe and just maybe they are waiting to get the bluray and behind the scenes TDKR to make THE BAT more accurate...

No offense, but it's very accurate as is.
They must have got set design blueprints well before the movie was released.
This is not someone making a replica for themselves that's not really accurate. They had to have production help from the word go.

No offense, but it's very accurate as is.
This is not someone making a replica for themselves that's not really accurate. They had to have production help from the word go.

You're probably right.. I remember reading somewhere that the HotWheels Tumbler came out before Batman Begins, and it is really accurate except for the front wheels which are too big. They aparenty got the blueprints.

What I think they can improve are the interior desings.. I'm not sure if those are part of the blueprints. Usually interior of the Batmobiles are changed due to the movie plot. When WB show THE BAT in some museum then Hot Toys will have full access to the final interior design.

You're probably right.. I remember reading somewhere that the HotWheels Tumbler came out before Batman Begins, and it is really accurate except for the front wheels which are too big. They aparenty got the blueprints.

What I think they can improve are the interior desings.. I'm not sure if those are part of the blueprints. Usually interior of the Batmobiles are changed due to the movie plot. When WB show THE BAT in some museum then Hot Toys will have full access to the final interior design.

From the images i have seen of the interior of the Hot Toys Bat, it seems very accurate.

(...)

Indeed, you really need things like this, to get to that level in a more or less economic way:

dkr_designs.jpg

Image source: https://radioalice.cbslocal.com/photo-galleries/2012/07/20/the-dark-knight-rises/

This thing doesn't seem to be a custom vehicle.

From the images i have seen of the interior of the Hot Toys Bat, it seems very accurate.

I have not idea. I've seen the movie 13 times on theater and I have not idea how the interior of THE BAT looks. I know it has a review mirror :lol.

And my guess is for example the Hot Toys THE BAT doesn't have the EMP gadget which is part of THE BAT on the movie. Tha wasn't part of the original design probably.

I have not idea. I've seen the movie 13 times on theater and I have not idea how the interior of THE BAT looks. I know it has a review mirror :lol.

And my guess is for example the Hot Toys THE BAT doesn't have the EMP gadget which is part of THE BAT on the movie. Tha wasn't part of the original design probably.

Which EMP gadget?

Also, THE BAT in the movie is able to bend it's tail down.. So he can park on the floor.. And I'm not sure but the Hot Toys' THE BAT doesn't seems to be able to do that, although it shouldn't be a feature that hard to implement for Hot Toys.

I don't care about space. My wife keep saying no. I would do my best even if I can't afford it. I MUST HAVE THE BAT.

I will sell others collection if I have to.

So HT, please don't say you are not making it at all.

I don't care about space. My wife keep saying no. I would do my best even if I can't afford it. I MUST HAVE THE BAT.

I will sell others collection if I have to.

So HT, please don't say you are not making it at all.

I'm in the same boat! My girlfriend just told me she would rather see Batman and Predator stuff than star wars!!!
I just want HT to come out and say we are green lighting the production of the 1/6 scale BAT and heres the price point... I want it, and as long as Sideshow can get me at a flex pay under 160 a month, then its a buy!

it is confirm from howard him self that Hot Toys will NOT be producing this 1/6th scale The Bat due to the sheer size and complexity of the project. A 1/12th version might see the light of day .. still i dont mind having the bat in the smaller version.
but who knows ... its hot toys dude.. everything is possible..hahhaahha

link source
https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2012/09/check-out-hot-toys-16th-scale-bat-from.html

it is confirm from howard him self that Hot Toys will NOT be producing this 1/6th scale The Bat due to the sheer size and complexity of the project. A 1/12th version might see the light of day .. still i dont mind having the bat in the smaller version.
but who knows ... its hot toys dude.. everything is possible..hahhaahha

link source
https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2012/09/check-out-hot-toys-16th-scale-bat-from.html

Yeah that link was posted since day 1. The thing is that information isn't official. it's not an interview with Howard or any other Hot Toys employee, it's just a rumor.

This thing will be MASSIVE. Look how big it is IRL, gonna be insane at the sixth of the size.

spl306116003wm900.jpg

Pass.

Right now I can't afford to purchase this AND pay for the house renovations required to fit and display it.

This would have to be a super limited release, HT couldn't expect a major buy in for it. :cuckoo:

They might choose to do an extremely limited run because they KNOW that there would be people that would buy it and they KNOW they could charge way more than the cost of production...this one might be reserved for collectors with deep pockets...kinda like the MR MF

This thing need to be 1/6th IMO. What makes it special is its sheer massive size. If it's 1/12 then what so special about it.

That's just me.

Resources at hand are a limiting factor especially those that HT can trust to make the final product at the current quality (or lack of it) and cost.
The factory is already behind with making tons of batpods, camo tumblers, 89 and 66 batmobiles (I think I got them all? oh BTTF DeLoean!!!) that will all be making them lots of good money with less challenges, risks and cost than any small number of 1/6 Bats at any price, chances of the Bat seeing the day of light in the near future is slim. You simple don't dramatically increase your manufacturing capacity if avoidable.
Only hope I have is 1/12 bat is really being made
... gives them positive feedback in terms of manufacturability of this beast
... is a huge success with collectors
... HT has gone through the above backlog
... then have no new vehicle projects on hand (no rereleases please but I like to see the BW Lambo)
....... then maybe then we will see it.
I also suspect that since HT had to hire staff(s) to design and make all these cool new vehicles the bat prototype project was possibly given the green light due to idle time on hand.
One last thing.... can HT really expect too many hardcore collectors to be still alive after buying all the other vehicles above and still have space and money. I fear HT will be the single most quoted reason as to why there is a sudden spike in divorce rate globally. I sure as hell won't be unless I more than double my income, get a much much bigger place and allow the wife to retire and stay home

Back