TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny dream I had last night...or more accurately this morning - The HT Bat and Tumbler were being demo-ed.....on a raft in the middle of the ocean. And one eejit, as he's adjusting something on the Bat, knocks it off the raft and into the sea never to be seen again. The reality is only slightly less ridiculous!

I think they should produce it as a basic 1/6 scale kit we assemble ourselves to cut their production cost. Price it at 769.00. I would consider it a must have in 1/6

This thing was recently shown again at the Singapore Toy, Game & Comic Convention (STGCC)

578362_10151032339087344_1931794558_n.jpg

Image source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151032339087344&set=a.10151032338812344.415446.58690437343&type=3&theater

Even if I would probably not buy one, I'd like to see it somehow.

Still.. if they are not going to produce it, then the Hot Toys 1/6 THE BAT wouldn't be anything else than a pretty well done custom vehicle... IMO Hot Toys shouldn't dedicate to show customized figures/vehicles.

I think they should produce it as a basic 1/6 scale kit we assemble ourselves to cut their production cost. Price it at 769.00. I would consider it a must have in 1/6

Yeah- sort of like a model kit but more finished.....screws used to assemble major parts..I like this idea!:clap

Actually it would be really fun to assemble THE BAT for our selfs.. I like that idea too.. I mean we are not idiots incapable of follow an instruction sheet-

Funny dream I had last night...or more accurately this morning - The HT Bat and Tumbler were being demo-ed.....on a raft in the middle of the ocean. And one eejit, as he's adjusting something on the Bat, knocks it off the raft and into the sea never to be seen again. The reality is only slightly less ridiculous!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO_MYX_Oto0&feature=related[/ame]​

Still.. if they are not going to produce it, then the Hot Toys 1/6 THE BAT wouldn't be anything else than a pretty well done custom vehicle... IMO Hot Toys shouldn't dedicate to show customized figures/vehicles.

:dunno Well, what's the difference between a custom figure/ vehicle and a Hot Toys figure/vehicle.
:lecture Actually it's the license behind it, the number of produced items and the Hot Toys brand on it.
At least this one of a kind The Bat has the brand and the license by now, so it's not a custom, I would say.

It would probably sell as hell if it was ever offered like this (maybe for charity or something like that, one never knows).

But looking at this doesn't make me feel like they know how to build this thing customer-friendly enough, which would be sad.

7655313194_f02d765434_o.jpg

Image source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/tales2astonish/7655313194/sizes/o/in/photostream/

Maybe - hopefully - they are just not sure by now but this thing will come anyhow, when they find the time to revise it.

I like the ideas in this thread about bringing it as an "assemble yourself" version but I think Hot Toys wouldn't do that or actually not to a difficult degree, so the options are limited and looking at the Tumbler again, one could imagine how this things box would look like :horror

hottoybatmanrange-vi.jpg

Image source: https://www.moviereplicars.net/

Not true...HTs built the company selling "assemble yourself" action figure "kits". Not too far out for them at all. Definitely something they have production experience with. Not to this scale, but they know the methods.

Not true...HTs built the company selling "assemble yourself" action figure "kits". Not too far out for them at all. Definitely something they have production experience with. Not to this scale, but they know the methods.

I have made a few patterns for model kits and the thing that makes it hardest(In my personal opinion), is that you can never assume any particular level of intelligence from your customer.
Now, before anyone thinks i am pointing fingers at anyone here, i am not.
What i am saying is that, just because 100,000 people might have $1500 to spend on a scale replica, you cannot assume they will all be intelligent enough to:

A: Understand any inherent weaknesses in the medium your product is made in(materials that could become brittle over time, or perhaps materials which are purposely flexible but might have a different look to the solid/brittle parts),

B: Be able to understand written instructions as to assembly,

C: Understand that any parts they break during assembly are *their* responsibility, not yours.

In fact, it has been my experience that the more disposable cash someone has, the more likely they are to just forge ahead without glancing at instructions, and to blame others when they mess up.
As i said above, this is not an attack on anyone here, but when i look at The Bat, i marvel at the design, but cringe at the idea of being able to make it in sections that a customer could build together themselves. I know Hot Toys could do it. They have a big manufacturing base. But i know(Based on past personal experience), at least 30% of items shipped will arrive with no damage, but parts will need replacing due to ham fisted customers assembling incorrectly(But insinuating "it arrived like that").
This is just one man's opinion on the subject.
I, like most people here, hope the HT replica does happen.
But to make that thing structurally sound enough to ship out and be able to be displayed on a solid surface requires a lot of internal engineering.
And even at $1500, i doubt the profit margin would be good enough.
But i still have my fingers crossed, just in case.

Likewise. First thing I thought of once I saw the Tumbler on my floor. I explained the Bat to my mate, and we blocked off the area that it would need.
However, if it were to have been released, I would not have been able to pass.

:dunno Well, what's the difference between a custom figure/ vehicle and a Hot Toys figure/vehicle.
:lecture Actually it's the license behind it, the number of produced items and the Hot Toys brand on it.
At least this one of a kind The Bat has the brand and the license by now, so it's not a custom, I would say.

I know nothing about copy rights law, but my intuition tells me that you don't need a licence to make a custom figure for personal use (Maybe you need the licence to show the figure to the public under the name of BTDKR) but that's just a waist of R&D and a waist of licence fees.

IMO a custom usually is hand made and in a limited number of items.. that's why I feel this THE BAT is just a custom.. and come on if Hot Toys is going to start to show only hand made figures that they do only to have it on their own shelves.. then GTFO Hot Toys :monkey4

I know nothing about copy rights law, but my intuition tells me that you don't need a licence to make a custom figure for personal use (Maybe you need the licence to show the figure to the public under the name of BTDKR) but that's just a waist of R&D and a waist of licence fees.

IMO a custom usually is hand made and in a limited number of items.. that's why I feel this THE BAT is just a custom.. and come on if Hot Toys is going to start to show only hand made figures that they do only to have it on their own shelves.. then GTFO Hot Toys :monkey4

It's okay that you feel so :)
I just think it's more like a prototype of a licensed item and they're not sure if it's ever gonna come. But I agree that they should bring the things they show.

Could also have imagined that it was just ment to be a part to complete the TDKR diorama they were showing on some comic cons but the backstage photos and the comparison photos with the other vehicles let me think and hope that this thing will come.

Probably they have some work to do before and they put it at the end of their Batman line. Guess this would also make financial sense for them, as this thing's price would blast many collectors budget for other stuff for a long long time... :gah: So why not to end with a BIG BANG :fireworks... just like the movie :wink1:

And to keep us hoping:

tm5lkqq8.jpg

Looking at all the details I'm sure there must have already been some hundred hours of engineering that where spent on this (even the inner cockpit is detailed). Think they wouldn't invest such efforts and then finally not bring it. :cuckoo:

But as I said, I'm sure it will take some time... :wink1: Let's all just lean back and wait and until then, let's stick to this cool thing: :rock2

TheBatRisesCUUSOO.jpg

Image source: https://www.customminifig.co.uk/the-bat-rises-cuusoo/

Last edited:
Back