TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but in a few years they may attempt another scale simply because the prices are getting into crazy territory...now a 1/9 HT might still be $125 or so!!!

Lol.
By the time people are slowing down on HT purchases because they are too expensive(I reckon $350 per figure might be too much on the primary market), similarly detailed 1/9 figures will probably be $200 apiece.

Not me, I want it at 1/6... :lecture

Ditto. I think it's one of those things where it'll be an instant grail piece, and if they're smart, they'll do pre-orders at a year or so out, so even if the price is above $1000, it's not such a hit to people by offering 12 month flex pay plans. At least that's how I would sell people on it anyways

Ditto. I think it's one of those things where it'll be an instant grail piece, and if they're smart, they'll do pre-orders at a year or so out, so even if the price is above $1000, it's not such a hit to people by offering 12 month flex pay plans. At least that's how I would sell people on it anyways

I wouldn't be adverse to flex pay.
However, if it's too expensive I wouldn't be adverse to a smaller scaled run first... and then release the 1/6 as a limited run or something?

Near to getting my 1/6 scale plans done for The Bat.
I'd love to hear if everyone agrees with my scaling based on the one piece of the set plans i was able to find, and the figure on the left.
I'd like feedback before i start building! The curving red rail is where the upper hull plates and the lower louvres attach.
Thanks in advance to anyone that chimes in.

BatWIPplans3.jpg

That is not Batman. That is a patron chilling near the bat. How tall is this man?

:wave

That is not Batman. That is a patron chilling near the bat. How tall is this man?

:wave

Lol.
It's not Batman.
It's Billionaire socialite/shut-in Bruce Wayne...
If enough people chime in and say the scale looks right(I am guessing the Bat to be twice the length of the Tumbler in the scale), then i can start building...

They call it The Bat, but the shape looks a lot more like a lobster to my eye. Especially with the way the back curves into the tail. And it even has two claws/turbines in the front.

Whatever animal it looks like, it's still cool!

They call it The Bat, but the shape looks a lot more like a lobster to my eye. Especially with the way the back curves into the tail. And it even has two claws/turbines in the front.

Whatever animal it looks like, it's still cool!

:exactly::goodpost:

Totally agree, but to me I can see the bat shape when I look at it from the front

Near to getting my 1/6 scale plans done for The Bat.
I'd love to hear if everyone agrees with my scaling based on the one piece of the set plans i was able to find, and the figure on the left.
I'd like feedback before i start building! The curving red rail is where the upper hull plates and the lower louvres attach.
Thanks in advance to anyone that chimes in.

BatWIPplans3.jpg
well the video showing the bat and the dark kight manual said that the bat is 30ft long by 17ft wide (i dont know the height, still looking). so i found a site that can convert real world scale into model scale. if your makeing a 1/6 scale the bat it will be 5ft long by 3ft wide.

here is the link: (for this site you need to convert feet into inches)
https://jbwid.com/scalcalc.htm
and here is the link to change from ft to inches
https://www.calculateme.com/Length/Feet/ToInches.htm

hope this will help

well the video showing the bat and the dark kight manual said that the bat is 30ft long by 17ft wide (i dont know the height, still looking). so i found a site that can convert real world scale into model scale. if your makeing a 1/6 scale the bat it will be 5ft long by 3ft wide.

here is the link: (for this site you need to convert feet into inches)
https://jbwid.com/scalcalc.htm
and here is the link to change from ft to inches
https://www.calculateme.com/Length/Feet/ToInches.htm

hope this will help

Thanks a lot. That helps a great deal with the measurements.

Yeah looks about right :)

Thanks.
I have £155 worth of sheet styrene arriving from the wholesalers tomorrow. I am hoping to get the frame laid out this week.
The top armour will be removable during building to allow me to seat the motors for the propellers(I'm going to pulley both props from the same motor so they will always be in sync).
At the moment, i only have seven figures in this scale, so it will likely have to be Magneto and Alice in the seats for scale.

Thanks.
I have £155 worth of sheet styrene arriving from the wholesalers tomorrow. I am hoping to get the frame laid out this week.
The top armour will be removable during building to allow me to seat the motors for the propellers(I'm going to pulley both props from the same motor so they will always be in sync).
At the moment, i only have seven figures in this scale, so it will likely have to be Magneto and Alice in the seats for scale.

Great, I hope you'll be making a WIP thread for it, would love to see it being made.

Gonna be a hell of a project though, can't imagine how you will put everything together

Thanks a lot. That helps a great deal with the measurements.

Thanks.

Can't wait to see this come together :panic::panic::panic:

If the bat is released I shall frame those blueprints and display them above.what a dream of a book that is!!

Back