TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...i hope they do design it strong enough to be hanging...

I read this thread backwards from the latest page to the first post, and for most of that journey I was thinking it could maybe be displayed hanging from the ceiling. Then I got to the first page and saw the pic posted by ZaCHw117...

spl306116003wm900.jpg

I can't believe anything that massive and bulky could be hung safely from the ceiling. It would be pretty foolhardy to even attempt it, IMO. Thing has to be $1500.00 - $2000.00 and really heavy. Is anyone going to trust some hooks in the ceiling and fishing line? :p Plus, from that pic, looks like the mid-section is going to have a lot of weight bearing down on it. I wouldn't want it on anything but a stable surface with a well designed clear stand to make sure the weight's distributed thoughout the vehicle.

What a great piece, though. Not for me, but gives me hope that Hot Toys will be tackling some other innovative vehicles or environments in future. Really looking forward to watching this develop.

Can you imagin......you home, watching tv, when all of a sudden you hear a massive crash from your hobby room aka man cave. Deep down you know what is is.....or should I say, was. You don't even go see what it was. You can't bring your self to look at it. You quietly open a bottle of scotch & start drinking til you pass out. Friends come over asking to see it again. You tell them that its sleeping & chuckle a nervous laugh.

But sooner or later the....."corps" of your dead love one must come out of the room. No......I will not be hanging mine from ANYTHING!

They'll (HT) have to come up with some sort of way to display it though. The thing doesn't really look built to lay on the ground, so it will need some sort of support/hover base for it to be displayed. Although they might actually go with a hanging option. Museums have freaking planes hanging in them. A little plastic toy in theory is no problem given the proper materials.

CGI landing struts. That's my guess. I can't wait to see what this thing can do. BTW.....who has their IMAX tickets???

...You quietly open a bottle of scotch & start drinking til you pass out...
Haha, yes, I could see that. Great post, A_R, had a few laughs reading it and imagining that painful scenario.

Buttmunch, point taken in regards to actual planes being hung in museums but most of us would be haphazardly attempting to hang something like this with string and hooks. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with it and also think it's impractical. For one thing, dust and cleaning would be a drag and I think a nice, detailed piece like this, you'd want to inspect it, move the parts around, etc. Pretty hard to do unless maybe you could come up with some sort of system where you can disconnect and reconnect it without a lot of trouble.

After some time has passed, I really dont see me buying a hughe Tumler Batwing... Maybe my mind will change when I have seen DKR but I highly doubt it. As much as I like the Batman, I would prefer something different on my display such as Enterbay MIB or Iron Man Gantry, to give it some more variation... Give me all the characters, Id buy even a Rachel but not a third vehicle... Just too much...

I don't think I'd buy this if I had the money. I'm not sure how I feel about the Bat. I always loved the Tumbler but this is very "Meh" to me. It will have to really impress me in the movie.

I don't think I'd buy this if I had the money. I'm not sure how I feel about the Bat. I always loved the Tumbler but this is very "Meh" to me. It will have to really impress me in the movie.

this is the feelings I had for the Tumbler in Begins. After watching it in action, I fell in love. So maybe it'll happen again for TDKR

Every time I imagine how big this will be and the price it commands:

tumblr_m5l9swoh6N1rnvwt1.gif

I have no clue where this will practically be able to be displayed.

the batmobile is smaller than ths so its goina be huge, i cant wait to see how gib its goina be

I keep on seeing the trailers and this is a must for me.

I hope it'll come with a nice display stand too

this is the feelings I had for the Tumbler in Begins. After watching it in action, I fell in love. So maybe it'll happen again for TDKR

See, the Tumbler is just badass. Even when I first saw it I thought it was. Vastly different then any other Bat-car but Badass nontheless. Now the Bat, I dunno, when I think of an aircraft I think of sleek and fast. The Bat looks a bit clunky to me. Even with thinking that I don't necessarily have anything against it. Like I said, come movie time it will have to impress.

Back