1/6 TDKR: Catwoman Mask: Have you broken it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you break them, did you?

• Total voters
My big fear is her tipping over and the goggles breaking. I prefer not to use stands, and for figures in a detolf, if they tip, no harm done. But with the high heels on this combined with the goggle problem, I feel almost forced to use a stand. :(

Good point. I will when I get mine. :lecture

I was a strictly no stand guy when I started collecting, but have slowly changed to using them, especially those that come with a more special stand such as DX11, DX12, Mk1 2.0, etc.

I find that the Selina Kyle figure is just one waiting to fall down with the heel design. I highly recommend using the stand to protect both the figure and the goggles. Plus, at least it's not a normal stand, it looks special.

I was a strictly no stand guy when I started collecting, but have slowly changed to using them, especially those that come with a more special stand such as DX11, DX12, Mk1 2.0, etc.

I find that the Selina Kyle figure is just one waiting to fall down with the heel design. I highly recommend using the stand to protect both the figure and the goggles. Plus, at least it's not a normal stand, it looks special.

Bases can indeed be cool, but two big metal prongs sticking up from a figures crotch? Not natural looking. Bases = okay. Stands = nokay.

I ordered two selina figures.

One pair of goggles moves around and has been played with alot and shows no wear or damage.

The other pair I just simply tried to put on her head and they snapped.

Kind of odd how they differ so much

I ordered two selina figures.

One pair of goggles moves around and has been played with alot and shows no wear or damage.

The other pair I just simply tried to put on her head and they snapped.

Kind of odd how they differ so much

It could be just as simple as the beginning of production and the end of production... but still what a terrible mistake. My replacement comes later this week. So far no indication of them requiring me to break mine further... so i am hoping to keep my broken ones on her head since they look fine and keep the replacement ones safe in the box never to be touched.

I broke mine by simply trying to place them on her head with the goggles already flipped and in position.

I purchased through BBTS so I'm not sure what to expect, if anything in terms of a replacement.

I emailed Hot Toys, BBTS and Sideshow with an attached pic, in hopes that one of them provide some good customer service. Fingers crossed.

I took a look at it! Upon first inspection the replacement does not seem to look all too different. However I did not hear any instruction to destroy my broken one any further. So I am putting the new one safely into the box, and the old one will be the one I use to put on her head.

UGH Anyone else have something missing from their replacement Goggles????? :gah:

attachment.php

:gah:

I got the mask on and the goggles raised up, but they don't seem to be rotating when I try to flip them up to make the "cat ears" and I am deathly afraid to apply any force at all to make them do so. I may just leave them like that forever, rather than risk it.

EDIT: I got it to move! Then I slowly s l o w l y kept turning until the goggles were up. Wont' touch them again now.

Last edited:
Finished taking some pics last night and luckily no breakage of her goggles. :yess:

However, I took my time and was very gentle while rotating them. I slowly applied light pressure to each side one at a time, back and forth, until they were posed where I wanted them. Time and patience worked for me. :wave

Still stressful but all worked well.

We should have Rory post instructions for how not to break them on page one. :pray:

anyone know if I didn't order from SS, can I still order a replacement from them? I got mine from Alter Ego. Or if anyone here ordered from SS and could help me out by ordering a replacement goggle for me, I'd really appreciate that. I'll throw in some money if I have to. Please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Your best bet is to email Alter Ego ASAP, before their supply of parts pulled from their stock runs out. Sideshow may help you our since Alter Ego purchases their stock from Sideshow.

If they do help you out, you will need to show a picture of the damaged item.

Hope this helps,

BOBBY

Back