1/6 TDKR: Catwoman Mask: Have you broken it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you break them, did you?

• Total voters
Simple remedy to this problem hot toys should send out a replacement which is better designed as its not fit for purpose. Oh I have just seen a pig fly past my window.

my steps that i did:

1. Remove head from body first and foremost
2. Completely wet hair acheiving less bulk and less grip when sliding on goggles.
3.Lift up goggle(not rotating them, that's for last)
4.Slid face mask on first then strap second slowly pushing it further down.

Tabula Rasa's edit: Pull the hair tightly back and slide mask over hair being careful to not let the hair bunch up.

5. Adjust face mask around eyes.
6. Rotate goggles 180 degress for cat ears.
7. Let hair dry and place back on body
8. LEAVE IT ALONE

Okay, just got my Cat in, and I followed these steps. However, the rotation on mine was very stiff. It didn't seem to want to move easily, so I put the mask in hot water for a few seconds and slowly rotated it bit by bit. Only after that was done did I put the mask on the head. No breakage.

Totally nerve racking.
Now, I will never touch the goggles again. :lol

Last edited:
Man I don't even feel like attempting this today :mad:

Heating it up sounds like a good idea.

Is it breaking for most people when you are trying to flip the goggles down and you end up applying too much pressure?

There is a problem with the graphite but don't worry, the next 10.000 will be up to specification.
batman.gif

At least we'll have spares :)

Last edited:
it helps to really study it before you start messing with it:

1. understand where all the the pins and pivots are.
  2. apply even pressure on both sides simultaneously.
  3. slow and gentle.
i had no trouble with mine, but i'm putting it away now since i want to play with her without it and don't want to risk dropping her on her head or anything.

: D

it helps to really study it before you start messing with it:

1. understand where all the the pins and pivots are.
  2. apply even pressure on both sides simultaneously.
  3. slow and gentle.
i had no trouble with mine, but i'm putting it away now since i want to play with her without it and don't want to risk dropping her on her head or anything.

: D

Thank you for the tips brother.
I'm awaiting mine, I'm scared to open it and break it, and I know I will.

Broke mine. Mixing bendable material (mask) with thin, fragile plastic (goggle arms) seems like terrible design. One can flex any which way, and the other cannot but isn't durable.

Broke mine. Mixing bendable material (mask) with thin, fragile plastic (goggle arms) seems like terrible design. One can flex any which way, and the other cannot but isn't durable.

"This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object." :lecture :lol

No problem with mine, and I removed it several times to get it right, and played with the goggles a bit. Sorry for those having trouble, as the goggles/mask really do make the figure.

Back