1/6 TDKR: Catwoman Mask: Have you broken it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you break them, did you?

• Total voters
maybe we should commission someone to make a stronger cast of the mask for us?? maybe we can get a commission for ears up goggles and even ears down so we don't have to worry about swinging any pieces?

This is a great idea and there are certainly talented board members here who could handle the job....
robbiethepainter & CREG customs come to mind...

All of these stories of broken goggles is making me very nervous. I'll be getting my Catwoman whenever UPS decides to show up today. Wish me luck. :pray:

...do you have pics of the broken pieces

The first break was just short of where the arm connects to the goggles:

IMG_6122.jpg

A few minutes later, the other arm popped off right at the connection:

IMG_6124.jpg

The second break should be easy to glue, but not so sure about the other side...

If only there was no stupid removeable mask. We all knew this would probably happen, but you wanted it anyways.

IMG_6122.jpg

IMG_6124.jpg

The second break should be easy to glue, but not so sure about the other side...

The bottom pic is the same deal as mine. When it first happened I thought it had just unsnapped. Took a second to realize a microscopic pin had popped. I guess gluing is my only option. :slap

If only there was no stupid removeable mask. We all knew this would probably happen, but you wanted it anyways.

I totally agree. I never wanted this to be detachable for any reason. Never cared about an unmasked sculpt. Pretty sure that's why the likeness is kind of different from the protos pics.

Well, I never cared about the mask being fixed, but it's not the mask that's breaking, it's the goggles. The problem isn't so much that it's removable, as that the goggles have the spin around feature. Without that, they could have more easily used a less brittle material for the goggle arms I think.

IMG_6122.jpg

IMG_6124.jpg

I'm sorry to see that the masks of quite a few people are breaking.
Is everybody whose goggles broke experiencing the breakage in the same spots as Maglor or is it breaking in different places, like where the arms connect to the mask?

Well sounds like this won't be fun to put these on. I'm getting her tomorrow and I'm going to put the goggles on and not touch them afterwards :lol.

Mine broke on both sides at the lower of the two pics.. the small pins themselves just "popped". It happened within fifteen minutes of me getting her fully unpacked because I wanted to see her with the mask on.

The pins are made of ridiculously small and brittle plastic. I got my Cat last Thursday and emailed SSC immediately. I got an automated response and now I am waiting for a real response from them.

Funny because when I posted my issues, people said to ignore me and that I was just ham-fisted.

If Sideshow cannot help me then I plan to take a pin-vise, carefully drill through the sides of the plastic supports (which obviously are really brittle as well from above picture so we'll se how that works), place a metal pin through, glue there. Pin-vise into the side of the goggles effectively excavating the old swivel pin of plastic and then snip the new metal pin off so that it goes in deep enough and holds it in place.

My goggles snapped on both sides within half a second of each other so I will have to do it on both sides but this should retain the swivel function (that is until I end up snapping the plastic strips that raise the goggles themselves).

I'm sorry to see that the masks of quite a few people are breaking.
Is everybody whose goggles broke experiencing the breakage in the same spots as Maglor or is it breaking in different places, like where the arms connect to the mask?

Where the arm connects to the mask for me. Same as Maglor's bottom pic. I feel like that side was much weaker or different than the other side.

My figure will arrive in the next few days via FedEx. So glad to have stumbled upon this wonderful thread. Gotta be careful handling the goggles and mask. We will see...

It's pretty obvious the quality of the material is at fault here.

Sent from the Daily Planet using Tapatalk

i had no problem putting it on, but mine came missing a peice. so i called sideshow and they said they would send me another pair of goggles.

There is a problem with the graphite but don't worry, the next 10.000 will be up to specification.
batman.gif

I have her mask with the goggles up and strongly considering carefully bringing them down to the neutral position and putting them back in the box!

Back