Action Figure Tauntaun life size bust from Jabba's Palace

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny Jabba had one of these on his wall... I mean it's not exactly a 'fierce predator' or trophy worthy creature. :rotfl

That being said, I'm sure ILM was happy to save themselves some crafting time and pull it out of storage.

Fantastic work! That looks amazing. Out of curiosity, in those movie stills is the head directly on the wall or is it on some sort of mount and then the mount is on the wall. I have an interesting idea for my vintage cabinet. :)

There was a debate about this earlier and it seems that it was mounted directly on the wall. I think I might prefer it with some kind if mounting board though, in terms of how it looks.

There was a debate about this earlier and it seems that it was mounted directly on the wall. I think I might prefer it with some kind if mounting board though, in terms of how it looks.

I used to be convinced there was no backing board until i saw the photo with Sy. Now I'm not sure. Since the side profile of the one in jabbas palace doesn't match the anatomy of the tauntaun in esb I'm guessing the set designer just pulled one of the Tauntaun heads out the archive and stuck it on the wall however. If you google Taxidermy mounts most of them don't have a backing plate and the Tauntaun head is so big to begin with I wasn't going to make it any bigger.

I'd also love to see a clear picture of the creature head to the right of Han Carbonite. I know the expanded universe explanation is that it's a Jerba head but I think the actual prop was a off the shelf Taxidermy Steer head. based on the silhouette matching and that there is no pictures even slightly clearly showing it in the background.

I wish Star Wars would do a behind the scenes article on the making of Jabba's palace. There is so much interesting detail hiding in the background.

Awesome sculpt! The glass eyes and fur really bring her to life! Now I need to get off my butt and finish my TT bust. :/

Funny Jabba had one of these on his wall... I mean it's not exactly a 'fierce predator' or trophy worthy creature. :rotfl

That being said, I'm sure ILM was happy to save themselves some crafting time and pull it out of storage.

Considering how many deer heads I've seen on walls - It's not that of a stretch.

I apologize for bringing the thread back from that Great Beyond Where Old Posts Languish for all Eternity :frank but I stumbled on this while looking for pictures of custom painted 1/6 Scale Hasbro TaunTaun (still looking,btw-could anyone w/ some,or that has a link to a post containing some, PM them to me?).This looks like something that could be ordered from Thinkgeek or even Sharper Image (back in its heyday, when anything that was frivolous, super expensive & therefore totally necessary,was there). I showed my husband-who mocks my Star Wars addiction mercilessly while saying it's adorable :huh-he said that's freaking cool and would let me hang it on the wall where people would see it :rotfl

But seriously, that's just freakin' awesome. I've only been lurking here a few months and posting for a few weeks, but I'm just constantly blown away by the talent here. This is just awesome. If you ever ever think of making these to sell, PLEASE let me know!! I am SOOOO chucking out the family photo over the fire place for it!

I'd buy one too. It's fantastic. Although I may request a broken tusk on mine. 😃

Last edited:
I love it, Jabbas Palace is my favorite scene as well. Put me down if you ever want to sell some.

Very nice. I wasn't aware of the Tauntaun until I got my GG Jabba's Palace bookends.

Just FYI, the one he listed on ebay started at $1,875 (don't recall if it sold or for how much). So this might be a little richer than some people were imagining.

Back