Tatooine Luke Skywalker Exclusive image back up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: re

However the binoculars are stuck to the hand on the exclusive version instead of hanging on the belt in the regular version.

If the poncho covers the hand with the binoculars (see pic), what was the point of altering the sculpt?

not convinced

I'm all for exclusives but this is just plain lazy. They've just made up some clothes luke never wore in any of the films thrown them on and hey presto.

why didn't they use the poncho LUKE actually wears in moss eisley in ANH, as it stands and with that hat it just looks a bit un-Starwars to me.

I'd be interested to know what I'd think of it if I had any chance of actually getting one though.

Re: not convinced

why didn't they use the poncho LUKE actually wears in moss eisley in ANH

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe the poncho shows up in one of the deleted scenes like the hat does. I posted a picture I found of the hat, but I never found anything with the poncho.

re

Well, all the figures released thus far have had exclusives that offer little in the way of a significant difference in appearance.

The major difference that shouts exclusivity is the edition size.

poncho or blanket

luke.gif

Found this pic around the net, This would seem to be the poncho in question but can't place the scene.

Re: poncho or blanket

I think its when he's looking at Uncle Crispy and Aunt Barbecue! :balrog

He's also wearing it on the back of the Trilogy Bonus disc, with George in a typical 70's shirt & coat. He never seems to be actually wearing it like the pic, always seems to just have it draped over his shoulders with the front open.

Thanks for the pic CobbyD! All of these images are making me want one of these more and more....

Looks ok I like it. It just doesn't grab me like I thought it would.

Guys,

Luke wears the poncho IN the movie ANH. He has it on, while walking to the Falcon on Mos E.

come on guys!

There is a scene in Mos E. in ANH wear Luke has the poncho on. Right before they get on the Falcon.

Come on guys! :)

Actually panchos are part of the mexican culture, Luke there would fit right in with my family! :p

There is a scene in Mos E. in ANH wear Luke has the poncho on. Right before they get on the Falcon.

I knew somebody would know!:rock

He picks it up when he sells his speeder, we see him put it on from behind, he is wearing it when he boards the falcon but then when he is seated - poncho is gone for good.

The colour of the beige of the poncho looks much darker on film than SSC pic & textured like wool, not cotton looking like the SSC pic.

It really is the briefest of moments that he is wearing the item & the hat is never seen on film.

Right, but that poncho is solid brown. That's why the confusion. It's a different poncho than the one from the figure.

I just popped in my Ep. 4 DVD to be sure, and yep---solid brown. Come on yourself Gruson.:p :poke

I guess Luke just has a closet full of ponchos.

Right, but that poncho is solid brown. That's why the confusion. It's a different poncho than the one from the figure.

yup.:speech

"Is that a real poncho or is that a Sears poncho?"
— Frank Zappa, Cosmik Debris

Sorry guys, couldn't resist! :p

ir.jpg

Rich that was my question too, I don't ever remember seeing Luke dressed like this, but in the cutting room floor - someone posted a pic of him in the Gilligan garb. News to me too. :dunno

Wow, you guys are fast -- I went to post and about 7 more were added before I was finished! :rollin

re

Gruson's spot on! Shortly after Luke's receives payment for his speeder and proclaims "I'm never coming back to this planet again", him and Ben make their way to Docking Bay 94. On the way, Luke puts on his poncho and Ben waves to Chewbacca. Bring back memories?:p

Back