Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be (not very)fun, the whole this vs HT thing. Then will get to do it all over again when HT releases OT R2 in a couple years.

so how tall is this one? make your bets! (or estimates)

:panic:

Untitled-2.jpg

Will probably bite. This "Kenny Baker as R2-D2" version would make for a nice variant display piece.

R2's legs look a bit long. He should sit on his feet a bit more.

I don't think the rivets should be there either! I love the prop details of ANH, but surely the intent is they aren't seen on the character.
They didn't appear ever again on R2 I don't think.

R2's legs look a bit long. He should sit on his feet a bit more.

I don't think the rivets should be there either! I love the prop details of ANH, but surely the intent is they aren't seen on the character.
They didn't appear ever again on R2 I don't think.

Personally I freakin love that they got the leg hoses on there. I always noticed them as a kid and thought it looked kinda cool that way (and it never dawned on me til later that they were to hide Baker's legs). And they do pop up again in the next two movies, pretty much any time he's on 2 legs.

That r2 looks great i love that a figure of him finally has the rivets it's about time a toy company got it right and the Kenny baker legs/boots.it's nice their is finally a high end version of him being made.

Personally I freakin love that they got the leg hoses on there. I always noticed them as a kid and thought it looked kinda cool that way (and it never dawned on me til later that they were to hide Baker's legs). And they do pop up again in the next two movies, pretty much any time he's on 2 legs.

Yeah, I didn't mean about the leg hoses. I agree- I noticed them as a kid too- especially in TESB on Dagobah:
btm-mudfog.jpg

.. but leave the rivets behind, Bandai!

That r2 looks great i love that a figure of him finally has the rivets it's about time a toy company got it right and the Kenny baker legs/boots.it's nice their is finally a high end version of him being made.

Except its not right.

Yeah, it's surprising that no one ever did them before. They are really cool R2 detail, but I guess the thought was always about it impeding articulation, so it was left off. Sideshow should have done it for sure on theirs.

I don't care if they are on the real R2, I've never seen rivets 'em before. Get rid of them :pfft:

:lol

Yeah, they are very faintly visible in some shots in the movie, but looks like they were fully filled and painted over, so I'm guessing they just had all the proto R2 pics... or the Japanese StarWars-ologist who was tehir 3PO/R2 consultant needs to be fired.

I hope "launching soon" means this year. Do you guys think SS will be receiving it?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

I need more info on this release. I cannot decide between this one or Hot Toys'.

:impatient:

I have the Sideshow R2, and I'm going to get the Hot Toys, and This one.

I'll use the Sideshow version as the Sail Barge, Bartender version. After that I'll pick which looks better between Tamashii and Hot Toys, the better likeness will be the definitive R2, that gets displayed with 3PO, the weaker one will get the heavily weathered, Dagobah treatment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back