Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow-Collectibles-R2-D2-Sixth-Scale-Figure-Review-012.jpg

Sideshow R2 comes with wheels.:wave

Those wheels are practical "roll-around" wheels that are flush with the bottom of the feet. What R2 needs are larger wheels that are visible like in the movie (which are quite high and very visible in some scenes,) and adding those partial wheels will also raise R2 a bit to bring him up to correct height. As he is, he's a smidge too short.

If you have a problem with the height then you should have a problem with the volume too? In which case raising the figure will also distort its proportions.

Anyone who sees my display and can identify R2 as being 1/3 millimetre too short is not welcome in my house.

If you have a problem with the height then you should have a problem with the volume too? In which case raising the figure will also distort its proportions.

Anyone who sees my display and can identify R2 as being 1/3 millimetre too short is not welcome in my house.

It's too early to tell - in-hand will be the test. Earlier pics (and proto pics) looked too small volume wise (and R2's "shoulders" were a little narrow) to my eye but these latest pics do look better. Obviously the lens and lighting/staging differences. It still looks too short, but by 5-7mm, not 1/3mm.:lol The visible wheels are missing so it's a pretty easy fix (just need a few half dowels) and makes the height right.

This is not a huge issue for me now as I'll be displaying this fig with drinks tray anyway which will hide both height and to some degree volume if it's a problem in-hand.

Those wheels are practical "roll-around" wheels that are flush with the bottom of the feet. What R2 needs are larger wheels that are visible like in the movie (which are quite high and very visible in some scenes,) and adding those partial wheels will also raise R2 a bit to bring him up to correct height. As he is, he's a smidge too short.

Agree 100%:lecture

:lol

I think I've decided to pass on this one.

Ehh.. :huh

Tbh, neither one of them are looking too hot there. Its really not a good pic. R2 looks good to me in that video review.

Yeah, a few people have been saying the rebelscum pics are too flat/washed-out lighting wise but I like the level of detail. They often render figures unrealistic because we're used to seeing the characters in darker or high contrast lighting, but I like seeing every sculpt detail in flat/neutral lighting.

There were quite a few imperfections on many figures upon release. That and the loose/bent pistons, which if you ask me was mostly due to poor construction of the packaging. But there are figures that have fared much worse. Mine had the piston problem but put the piston back in and you can't even tell.

Back