Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only high end figures I pose with a stand (now) are Hot Toys' Reeve Superman and Selina Kyle. Supes because he's flying and Selina because but she'd invariably fall over after 2 to 3 months in a standing pose (those heels!) I may still go the magnet in shoe route down the road. All the other figures are incredibly stable. BUT… I don't currently have my older Sideshow Storm and Sandtroopers set up yet. ;) Everything is currently behind glass so I'm not worried about falls to the floor.

The lean was only for the photo, 3p0 is definitely on his stand 99%. We just had an earthquake here in LA so gotta take every precaution. A guy I follow on instagram showed his collection all over the floor from the quake, he was near the epicenter though. Not much you can do about that.

The lean was only for the photo, 3p0 is definitely on his stand 99%. We just had an earthquake here in LA so gotta take every precaution. A guy I follow on instagram showed his collection all over the floor from the quake, he was near the epicenter though. Not much you can do about that.

Damn, that's too bad for your friend. Hopefully everyone at his house is OK.

Ugh... luckily the last quake nearish me only sent a few HT Iron Men falling to their detolf glass floors, and one busted the door open and fell to the floor. Otherwise I came out unscathed except for NECA predators falling all over the place, but screw them anyway lol.

I am terrified of the next bigger quake, and I don't know what to do other than seal up all the figs in a box... I mean, even with a stand, a substantial CA quake is going to demolish a collection. I'm actually most worried about the statues. They are heavy and will take some serious rocking to all over, but they can't withstand a fall the way most 1/6 figures can. I don't have this C3P0 yet so I can't speak to it's durability, but the rest of my 1/6 have all taken some good tumbles and are no worse for wear... so far.

I picked up a MISB Bandai C3PO for $275 in Hong Kong last week. Was over there for an in law wedding.

I put it in my carry on backpack. While going through airport security, the inspection agent immediately stopped the conveyor belt and moved closer to the computer screen to take a closer look. I was thinking he probably never seen a metal 12" figure come through before lol

I picked up a MISB Bandai C3PO for $275 in Hong Kong last week. Was over there for an in law wedding.

I put it in my carry on backpack. While going through airport security, the inspection agent immediately stopped the conveyor belt and moved closer to the computer screen to take a closer look. I was thinking he probably never seen a metal 12" figure come through before lol

Nah, he stopped the conveyor belt to take a closer look because he could not believe how accurate it was. :rock

He let you go through with it? Guess it wasn't the droid he was looking for.

3789795_o.gif

Back