Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the "feedback", everybody :lol

This must be the 3rd time on this particular welcome wagon already - and I wouldn't want to repeat myself every couple of months or so :wave

But yes, this Situation R2 has gone absurd and beyond. Which one of you guys would make a little trip to Japan?? I'd LOVE to hear what Tamashii Nations (and who ever) has to say about this thing. One could imagine that this is a global phenomena, like collectibles tend to be these days. And there should be lots of info regarding this particular case. These manufacturers have kept such a low profile, how's this even possible... Well, business world usually amazes us. But hey: this smells like bad business to me...

Hello,
After a YEAR of saving money, I finally have 'almost' enough to buy this droid. I attempted to read all 485 pages but then I thought it might be wiser to ask..

I apologize if this is a silly question, but are there serious quality issues with this figure? I read people complaining about broken cylinders, dislocated joints, bad scratches on the metal surface and some other defects I cannot recall at the moment.. What I really wonder is the percentage of figures with flaw.. Do 5 in every 10 figures come with some sort of defect? Do you recommend me to buy this figure? Since I am a student with a very modest budget, I just want to make sure I can get a mint figure with no issues. After all, my only chance seems to be ebay and I will specifically ask the seller to open and check the figure for any flaws but I also don't know what to tell him/her to look for..

I would be forever grateful if you can help me

May the force be with you all

I think it's impossible to say. But my impression is that maaybe 10-15% had QC issues.

That being said, your best way forward is to find out (from whomever you are choosing to buy your 3PO from) if the specific one you are purchasing has problems BEFORE you buy.

^ good post.

The flaws with this figure were over exaggerated, as Pix said buy from someone reputable, ask questions and you'll be ok. The pistons plug back in, mine was out when I got it but they go in easily.

It's an awesome figure, in my top three 1/6, make sure you get one!

Glad a couple of people responded to this. I know you've been thinking about it for a long time, Thor, but if you do as advised and get it from a responsible seller, you'll be happy with your purchase. Like Capn, I'd put this at the very pinnacle of anything I've bought 1:6 and it'll be going to the grave with me, barring anything totally disastrous happening in the future.

Just reading through some of the posts and seeing how content everyone seems to be with this figure. :clap

I remember the first time I unboxed this as well. Amazing! :yess:

Thank you so much everyone for your valuable feedback on the subject.. I will make sure I find a good seller and ask him whether if he can open the box, check the figure for flaws and even send me some photos.. as far as I know, the most popular flaws are: broken pistons, scratches on the torso.. can you think of anything else?
Regarding HLJ they have very strict policies; they don't open boxes to check figures, they never declare the value of figures lower to save our asses on customs, you have to pay return shipment even if the figure is broken etc.. so I thought finding someone on ebay who offers better CS might even be more profitable compared to buying from HLJ.. what do you think?

Thanks again!!!
May the force be with you all...

Im not sure how many people you'll find that will want to crack open a figure that's MISB. I'd really just be on the look out for someone with a very good return policy. Have you checked here in the commerce section? I remember for a while there I saw a few going for insanely low prices....well compared to the original MSRP. That was a few months ago but it won't hurt to look. Just make sure they have good feedback.

I just bit the bullet and bought one off eBay for 345 shipped. Hopefully mine arrives problem free. I had no idea this thing was even around until today. When is R2 coming out?

Thank you so much everyone for your valuable feedback on the subject.. I will make sure I find a good seller and ask him whether if he can open the box, check the figure for flaws and even send me some photos.. as far as I know, the most popular flaws are: broken pistons, scratches on the torso.. can you think of anything else?
Regarding HLJ they have very strict policies; they don't open boxes to check figures, they never declare the value of figures lower to save our asses on customs, you have to pay return shipment even if the figure is broken etc.. so I thought finding someone on ebay who offers better CS might even be more profitable compared to buying from HLJ.. what do you think?

Thanks again!!!
May the force be with you all...

You can no doubt find this figure elsewhere for a comparable price shipped, but your idea of 'better CS' isn't quite on the mark; sure, they won't dodgy up a lower value, which can cause issues if an insurance claim needs to be made, but their CS is solid - HLJ refund the return shipping cost for damaged or faulty figures too.

I just bit the bullet and bought one off eBay for 345 shipped. Hopefully mine arrives problem free. I had no idea this thing was even around until today. When is R2 coming out?

We're all anxiously waiting on an official announcement about R2... some day... maybe...

It's a shame really.
We've been waiting for a long while now and no mention from Tamashii whether or not they're going to move forward on an R2.

All we have is just a handful of pics of an R2 with some glaring inaccuracies.

I don't know why I keep hesitating to order this and spending my money on other things. When hlj puts up a low stock warning, I'll probably buy it, but I suppose i feel like this isn't going anywhere soon. Still really want it though.

I know everyone is clamoring for R2, but how cool would it be if Bandai did a Boba fett or a stormtrooper with metal armor?

Back