Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you buy tht one? I almost did, but sent him a question first since the description said "if you care about quality, ask" or something like that which made me leery.

ah crap, since it said 'new' figured I was safe...ok now I am worried

update: yup, price too good to be true. Got this strange email from seller saying about price, and asking me to cancel.

Bummer....

Last edited:
Did you buy tht one? I almost did, but sent him a question first since the description said "if you care about quality, ask" or something like that which made me leery.

"If you care about quality, ask."

:lol

ah crap, since it said 'new' figured I was safe...ok now I am worried

update: yup, price too good to be true. Got this strange email from seller saying about price, and asking me to cancel.

Bummer....

Weird. What did the email say exactly?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Here is the email, unaltered by myself:

We are contacting you regarding a refund for the product you ordered.

The product information I registered to Amazon such as prices aren't be reflected well on Amazon.

We're now inquiring to Amazon and calling for investigation.

Therefore, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, but please cancel the order.

In order to cancel the order, please follow the instruction below.

-How to Cancel an Item on Amazon.com
1. Log in at Amazon.com’s home page, go to “My Account” and click on the “View Order History” button.
2. Click the “Cancel Request” button to the right of your item’s page.
3. A cancellation request will be sent to the seller. The order will be canceled when you receive an e-mail from the seller confirming the cancellation.

Kindest regards,

When I read it, i was thinking, 'well English is a 2nd language'.....so I wasn't 100% sure what happened

That sucks Matt S. That was an insane price and I'm sure a few people might have jumped on that deal. I was fortunate enough to pick one up recently for $305 shipped.

Can the sellers really do that? Ask you to cancel your order? And if you don't, what happens? They simply wouldn't ship it?

That whole situation is crazy! Sorry to hear, Matt S. But I wouldn't let this unfortunate transaction stop me. Definitely keep trying to get a Threepio somewhere. It's a fantastic figure.

BTW I love Veronica Mars too and I contributed to the Kickstarter movie!

I had a similar experience with another Japanese seller with a 1/4 scale HT Batman. The price was almost MSRP so I jumped on it. Got a similar email to above that it was a mistake. But he cancelled not me.

I had a similar experience with another Japanese seller with a 1/4 scale HT Batman. The price was almost MSRP so I jumped on it. Got a similar email to above that it was a mistake. But he cancelled not me.

I had a similar thing... bought a figure, can't even recall what it was but the seller just cancelled it a couple days later; pretty obnoxious.

Nope, but I think it might be awhile as they are probably still trying to tweak him.. Hopefully as R2 had some things wrong with him.

Its in hold indefinitely. Tamashii wants to aquire their own licencing. So who knows, it may never even happen.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

I know it's rumoured that they want their own licensing but surely they'd make it via the same agreement they had with C-3PO if they can't get the license than never make it all?

I spoke to a Tamashii rep at last year's NYCC asking him about R2's delay and he told me just that. They are putting R2 on hold til they can release him on their own and not a part of their partnership with Sideshow. Someone else here confirmed that they got the same story from Tamashii as well. That was the first and only "official" word about R2's delay.

Whether they will give up trying on their own and just go with the Sideshow partnership is anyone's guess. But for now I would say R2 is on hold indefinitely. I've pretty much given up on seeing a Tamashii or even a Sideshow R2 for the next few years. :(

Well yesterday I checked amazon and it said "chogokin C-3PO has increased in price from $190 to $447"

Either something was mistaken or i missed out on this guy for under $200! Damnit!

Not trying to discourage folks, but I'd imagine a lot of the Amazon ones (or ones listed on other big trading sites) are from the defect club now.

Anything with a super cheap price tag, would suggest a kahkah smell to me. :lol

Thanks everyone.

Last stupid question, what is the best possible R2 to put next to this Tamashii C-3P0? I mean in terms of scale ...

Thanks everyone.

Last stupid question, what is the best possible R2 to put next to this Tamashii C-3P0? I mean in terms of scale ...

I went with the Medicom 1/6 R2

4e2yzade.jpg

Back