Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys that have this figure, how delicate is it?

It's very robust in terms of its overall engineering, but the surface finish imo is best maintained through careful handling - ie cotton gloves keep the surface free of skin oils and fingerprints.

Thanks! Hmmm. Shouldn't have had my co workers hold him lol. I'll wipe him off as soon as possible. I did feel it kind of oily. Is that normal?or you think it was like a cleaner? I don't have cotton gloves but the rubber medical ones. Are those ok?

It's very robust in terms of its overall engineering, but the surface finish imo is best maintained through careful handling - ie cotton gloves keep the surface free of skin oils and fingerprints.

Thanks! Hmmm. Shouldn't have had my co workers hold him lol. I'll wipe him off as soon as possible. I did feel it kind of oily. Is that normal?or you think it was like a cleaner? I don't have cotton gloves but the rubber medical ones. Are those ok?

The oil is normal. I would use cotton if that's the way you want to go. I don't use gloves to handle my figures. F that.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Don't forget the torso wires mate - you obviously need to be careful with those. :wink1:

Don't forget the torso wires mate - you obviously need to be careful with those. :wink1:

Way ahead of ya. I've wrapped the midsection in transparent film to prevent snagging.

Don't forget breath vapour too - depending on your diet and dental hygiene breathing too close to the figure can lend it a dodgy aroma over time. I never have my face within three feet of the figure. If I want to enjoy the finer detail I use binoculars.

LoL are you serious? I think that's being pretty **** with it. I'll just go along with it. This is my first die cast figure and I'd like to see what kind of issues I run into. I've ordered the two IM die cast figures as well. I will pay attention to the wires though. Did not end up I boxing as I got a lil buzzed and decided to play some gta v lol. Hopefully tomorrow. Don't know where to put him just yet. I do have an empty detolf but I don't have it in a good location. My apt. Is too small for my collection. But if I move to a bigger place that means less money for toys a month. Gosh... LoL

Way ahead of ya. I've wrapped the midsection in transparent film to prevent snagging.

Don't forget breath vapour too - depending on your diet and dental hygiene breathing too close to the figure can lend it a dodgy aroma over time. I never have my face within three feet of the figure. If I want to enjoy the finer detail I use binoculars.

I keep my 3PO in a hermetically sealed, bacteria free, sanitized lead cabinet. I can't enjoy looking at him - or pose him - but I know he's safe. That's got to worth something - right?

I keep my 3PO in a hermetically sealed, bacteria free, sanitized lead cabinet. I can't enjoy looking at him - or pose him - but I know he's safe. That's got to worth something - right?

But you have cameras installed so you can check him out whenever right? Maybe you could webcast that, hire out the vision by the hour so people can enjoy having a figure but without the expense of buying it.

But you have cameras installed so you can check him out whenever right? Maybe you could webcast that, hire out the vision by the hour so people can enjoy having a figure but without the expense of buying it.

No way, the infrared light needed for the cameras in the hermetically sealed, bacteria free, sanitized lead cabinet would make the torso wires fade.

No way, the infrared light needed for the cameras in the hermetically sealed, bacteria free, sanitized lead cabinet would make the torso wires fade.

You are so hardcore :rock :bow

The torso wires ARE delicate - & the first thing you'd mention, not the kid gloves thing.

That was my point. :huh :lol

In all seriousness, you're right, the wires would break easily if handled directly. But unless the QC is dodgy I can't see them being broken through normal, careful handling of the figure.

Maybe my penchant for the cotton glove is more to do with putting me in the zone when holding this figure. Handling most things with cotton gloves can make their perceived value and exclusivity increase ten-fold. I just tried it with my toothbrush and my johnson, and it worked both times.

Now you need a new pair of gloves for fondling 3PO, or is it, you now need a 2nd pair of fondling gloves.

Either way, make sure you label each pair. :lecture

In all seriousness, you're right, the wires would break easily if handled directly. But unless the QC is dodgy I can't see them being broken through normal, careful handling of the figure.
That's the thing though - folks that are asking about it, that have no prior knowledge or frame of reference (funny that when this thread is PACKED with info :lol) when buying this figure, aren't going to realize that manipulating the torso articulation incorrectly, or grabbing the torso with that useless clamp stand it comes with, are potentially risky if they're not aware. :peace

I reckon every person reading your post will have opened this thread with the hope of some good news in that department, but the expectation of just another bump of disappointment.

Oh, yeah, it does make sense to let this thread die until we hear some bit of good news. Sorry bout that.

Someday, pixletwin, someday.

What's up, fellas?

I reckon every person reading your post will have opened this thread with the hope of some good news in that department, but the expectation of just another bump of disappointment.

My GF just bought the clock to go with this. Sad when you think about it.

Back