Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh I will probably settle on the clock. :dunno

Yeah, I think so too. It'll save us some cash.

Yup. I was honestly thinking about picking one up and calling it a day anyway.

I'd rather have nothing than any of those. :lol

Why not, he looks great and he's in scale.

attachment.php

It's a tough call for me too.
I'm not sure I would be content with that one, but it's in the perfect scale to the Perfect Model 3PO.

It's a cheap clock with bad plastic. But everybody here almost, would consider re-painting and otherwise fiddle with figures that cost a hell of a lot more anyway.

Why not paint the cheap-*** clock? The shape and size are there. It's suprisingly good as is with a few bits that stand out but a little love goes a long way with it.

I don't do any mods to my high end 1/6 stuff - so.. yeah.

The only thing I've 'customized' to date, is after buying a SSC Endor Commando Sergeant, turfing the base body & replacing it with a HT TT slim, & transferring all the gear over to it.

I'd never get that R2 clock toy. :lol

IMG_2060_zps4c350e7c.jpg

This is the can warmer. For the price, it's a perfectly adequate placeholder with some work. My opinion of course, plus I enjoy reworking stuff

I don't do any mods to my high end 1/6 stuff - so.. yeah.

The only thing I've 'customized' to date, is after buying a SSC Endor Commando Sergeant, turfing the base body & replacing it with a HT TT slim, & transferring all the gear over to it.

I'd never get that R2 clock toy. :lol

Star Wars snob. :lecture

:lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

It's a cheap clock with bad plastic. But everybody here almost, would consider re-painting and otherwise fiddle with figures that cost a hell of a lot more anyway.

Why not paint the cheap-*** clock? The shape and size are there. It's suprisingly good as is with a few bits that stand out but a little love goes a long way with it.

That's the one thing I like about it. The scale. But that also happens to be very important. :lol

Preach it, Vintij. I don't know how anyone could put those R2s next to Tamashii 3PO. The R2 is so far from Tamashii's quality (regardless of scale), that it kind of cheapens 3PO. I wouldn't display one even as a placeholder.

Are you guys talking about "quality" strictly from a materials standpoint (because 3PO is die cast)? Because if it's from a sculpt perspective, then I'm really afraid the shiny metal is blinding some people. ;) I want this figure as well, but there is a lot wrong with the sculpt, not just the pistons which I like to pick on. Grab some reference photos and go to town on the neck, chest, ear-lobe-looking things, shoulder joints, ankles, feet - I could go on…

I think some of the unmodified, and especially the modified "place-holders" look fantastic. If you like to do any kind of figure mods or customs, these R2 units offer a very low priced entry point with terrific scale and details. Or you can patiently wait… ;) For something that may never come or may itself be so far off the mark no one will want it.

Last edited:
Are you guys talking about "quality" strictly from a materials standpoint (because 3PO is die cast)? Because if it's from a sculpt perspective, then I'm really afraid the shiny metal is blinding some people. ;) I want this figure as well, but there is a lot wrong with the sculpt, not just the pistons which I like to pick on. Grab some reference photos and go to town on the neck, chest, ear-lobe-looking things, shoulder joints, ankles, feet - I could go on…
No one here said it was impeccably flawless - or dare I say, perfect. Funny it's actually called that though.. :lol

Anyway, always with the explaining & re-explaining for you - for **** sake dude, I'm not indulging you - figure it out for yourself. :stick

I think some of the unmodified, and especially the modified "place-holders" look fantastic. If you like to do any kind of figure mods or customs, these R2 units offer a very low priced entry point with terrific scale and details. Or you can patiently wait… ;) For something that may never come or may itself be so far off the mark no one will want it.
I'm not knocking folks who want a place holder - I have my preference.

Deal. :lecture

Honestly, take your own advice. I was being friendly, but you're seem to be trying to get on people's nerves with the pseudo insults. Not trying to knock anyone? Go back and read what you wrote, you're clearly trying to knock someone. Often.
Bull****. :lol

You know what's annoying? Your constant questioning of the context of people's posts - when it's obvious what they're getting at.

Your idea of being friendly, is giving us your highbrow spiel, followed by that stupid blue wink emoticon. :exactly:

Ok then. The smiley is there for the reading impaired. Highbrow? Again, nice pot/kettle workshop you're running here. Hey, I know how bent out of shape you get when someone doesn't agree with you, so it's no big deal - apparently other people are only entitled to their own opinions when they keep them quiet and don't upset your standards.

We're talking about toys here - yes, even the $400 very flawed, but still awesome 3PO toy.

But how much are the clocks going for nowadays? I thought they shot up in price to like $60+, which is way too much for a placeholder IMO. For $20? Yeah, I wouldn't mind that.

Back