Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scale with the Sideshow Farmboy Luke looks perfect.

ep3_img02.jpg

Awesome, thanks for posting that, TDA. Finally, some shots w/SSC stuff to see how it scales (perfectly - didn't think he'd look quite so thin next to Luke... previous pics gave me the impression that maybe he was a bit too wide). Also nice that he confirmed what some of us have been arguing forever and that is that the costume never allowed Daniels to sit, so it's not a fail in any way that the figure can't. This is looking more and more like a purchase though the $400.00 asking price still smarts! In-hand, though, I'm thinking this figure will be a favourite for a lot of collectors.

Yeah, I'm seriously considering dumping some stuff and putting the funds towards this. Hopefully the scholar paid as much attention to R2.

Thanks for posting TDA!

Hopefully the scholar paid as much attention to R2.

Yeh, the promo pics to date suggest otherwise... the scale seems like it could be too small and the dome overly shiny are two things that stand out. With the care the 'scholar' took with C-3PO's scale you'd think the same attention would be paid to the other droid :pray:

Yeh, the promo pics to date suggest otherwise... the scale seems like it could be too small and the dome overly shiny are two things that stand out. With the care the 'scholar' took with C-3PO's scale you'd think the same attention would be paid to the other droid :pray:
:exactly:

Doesn't make a lot of sense; virtually meticulous with 3PO, yet R2 gets the short straw - where's the logic? :huh :lol

Weathered version happens the night he arrives. $400 piece of metal canvas, but he needs to be dirtied up.

Agreed. The question is, how, and what will and wont damage the finish.

I really don't enjoy a pristine 3-PO, like I do a weathered, but I can't pass this one up, for some reason.

Weathered version happens the night he arrives. $400 piece of metal canvas, but he needs to be dirtied up.

Agreed. The question is, how, and what will and wont damage the finish.

I really don't enjoy a pristine 3-PO, like I do a weathered, but I can't pass this one up, for some reason.

Absolutely agree on both accounts. :duff

Yeah, I'd definitely prefer a grimy 3PO to start with too.

It's funny isn't - he's got the restraining bolt to mark his time with the Jawas / Tatooine, yet he's as clean as a whistle. :lol

We can blame all the silly ROTS promo crap for 3PO back in 2005.

Everywhere you looked, the radiant godlike luster on 3PO was just blinding.

Not the droid WE were looking for. :lecture :lol

Back