Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rivets still look more prominent than Tama had stated in several posts.

It looks very nice overall (and the dome sculpt looks more accurate than the HT,) but the decision to go with a painted plastic dome is very strange.

Maybe HT has the rights to make a metal dome. I doubt tama wouldn’t make R2’s dome metal if there wasn’t a deal set in place already with HT. But who knows?

In February 2015 I received my 1st 1/6 scale figure (a few months after I found out Hot Toys were going to be making Star Wars figures). It was Bandai Tamashii Chogokin C-3PO. I was absolutely blown away with it. My second figure was sideshow R2......it looked 'fine' and the lights and accessories were nice, but after 3PO, it was quite a let down. Receiving my Bandai R2 today brought me right back to that 3PO. The weight/finish/feel/presentation is everything that I hoped it would be. So glad to finally have it. What an amazing 2 1/2 years of 1/6 Star Wars it has been. (and here's a juvenile "I told you so" to those that said it would 'never happen':pfft:)

R2 01.jpg
R2 02.jpg
R2 03.jpg
R2 04.jpg

Btw, does it include sound features?

Its not mentioned in BBTS description but somewhere i saw proto make sounds too.

Yes it includes sounds. There are 6 sounds and the instructions say there are also 2 "secret sounds". Not sure if those 2 pop up randomly or there is something special you have to do. The lights and sounds are really a wonderful touch. It takes 2 AAA batteries, which is a nice change from all the small watch batteries for everything else.

Yes it includes sounds. There are 6 sounds and the instructions say there are also 2 "secret sounds". Not sure if those 2 pop up randomly or there is something special you have to do. The lights and sounds are really a wonderful touch. It takes 2 AAA batteries, which is a nice change from all the small watch batteries for everything else.

That's cool the tiny Medicom also took 2 AAA batteries & the lights still work on it after more than 3 years for me. Unlike the HT R2 which the batteries die if you use the lights twice lol.

I don't like doubling up on characters, but I think I'll make an exception for this one.

Looks very nice, thanks for the pics DjBoogaloo & Spark Extractor!

Picked up R2 at NYCC, but I had to pass on 3PO at $400. Hopefully one comes along at a slightly nicer price and I can have the two together.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back