Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, it took long enough!
I broke down and bought SS 1/6 R2 thinking Tamashii Nations cancelled their SOC R2 for good.

Oh well. Anyone looking for an unopened 1/6 R2? :)

DOn't mind Tama to release their R2 as long as they refine their proto to match TamaPO quality.

Yeah it will be interesting to see the differences price wise..but i don't see tami doing a sound chip in they're r2..i'm guessing it will be just basic lights like 3po. I'm excited to see what they will come up with though..

If the HT 3PO is die cast it will most likely be in the $300+ range like the Iron-Man price point. The R2 I'm guessing will only be a die cast dome but sound will push the price up. I'm thinking at least $250 but hoping for cheaper. Especially if their aren't that many accessories.

The Tama R2 might just be $400! God I hope not!

If the HT 3PO is die cast it will most likely be in the $300+ range like the Iron-Man price point. The R2 I'm guessing will only be a die cast dome but sound will push the price up. I'm thinking at least $250 but hoping for cheaper. Especially if their aren't that many accessories.

The Tama R2 might just be $400! God I hope not!
If the Tamashii is $400, it will sell if they get all the details, paint and proportions right. Yeah, that's a lot for a 1/6, but collectors will get a perfect R2 to match their perfect 3PO.

I already know I'll buy the Tama r2 insted of the hot toys. I love my c3po and I've never complied about him or had any problems with him. Hot toys has too many quality issues with their star wars line. So I'll pay the money plus those details on the prototype are incredable. Like the saying goes you get what you pay for.

If the Tamashii is $400, it will sell if they get all the details, paint and proportions right. Yeah, that's a lot for a 1/6, but collectors will get a perfect R2 to match their perfect 3PO.

Agreed. I can't remember how much I ended up paying for my Tama 3PO. I know it wasn't retail but it was still up there. If R2 is as good as his counterpart I'll be looking for a deal but won't hold my breath.

If 3PO was my most expensive i would be okay with it. I think I got HT Vader for a bit more. If push came to shove though, I'd probably sell Vader before this guy--he's that good. Him and Chewie have been my favorites ever since I got them.

I agree. the tama c3-po is my favorite of all the threepo`s that came out in the pipeline so far which has been not to many of them. the sideshow one is decent but to many issues like his weird ( thumbs). issues of those pistons breaking off and of course the hasblow version and the old classic kenner large size action figure version.and same goes with the r2 releases in this scale lets see who can produce the most accurate version of r2 either tama or hot toys. so I cant wait to see tama version of r2 now that we are finally getting to go with the tama 3po.

Has it been mentioned whether or not Seiji Takahashi will be a part of the R2 project?

He's pretty much the master model maker of the Star Wars franchise in Japan. He's the reason the Tamashii 3PO is near perfection.

Thanks for those photos Matrix. This figure is truly wonderful.

Do people think it will be rereleased to go with the new R2?

Back