Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's funny that up until the release of Tamashii's 3PO, all the other SW figures were fine (with the exception of a few Medicom's).
Now, everything 1/6 Star Wars is being held up against Tamashii's 3PO for correctness in scale. Such an awesome figure and I hope they don't stop there. :clap

I've never paid a customs fee ordering from japan, US doesn't have to pay customs for toys imported from other countries.

Not quite, definitely not specific to toys, but US citizens have a duty/tax exemption up to $200 on non-controlled/restricted items. The same exemption applies when bringing something across a border yourself, whether you are a US citizen or transporting a gift/merchandise for someone who is (in which case you can bring up to a $200 item per US recipient/household). I do all my commercial shipping through the US now, so I had to familiarize myself with these restrictions.

If you're taking a jab at the 3-PO's arm pistons - sure they're oversized, but they're a damn engineering marvel all the same.

I think it's more fitting to concentrate the misfire rhetoric, at the wonky new SSC licorice boy Vayda - that's infinitesimally more deserving of such daggers. :lol

Why are people assuming they'd do a good job with something like vader?

The threepio is great but it's a completely different thing, it's all diecast it's all sculpted etc. Vader has a human body and cloth elements etc. Things that Tama has no proven record in producing in 1/6.

Not getting 2R is a huge kick in the nut sack though.

Can you imagine the size of the tusks on a Tama Vader?

i-don-t-care-o.gif

If you're taking a jab at the 3-PO's arm pistons - sure they're oversized, but they're a damn engineering marvel all the same.

I think it's more fitting to concentrate the misfire rhetoric, at the wonky new SSC licorice boy Vayda - that's infinitesimally more deserving of such daggers. :lol

:lol

You're too hard on that Vader. I'm of the opinion that its nowhere near as bad as some make it, but certainly not as good as others make it.

What is with the Vayda? :lol
Is that an inside joke I missed.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Why are people assuming they'd do a good job with something like vader?

The threepio is great but it's a completely different thing, it's all diecast it's all sculpted etc. Vader has a human body and cloth elements etc. Things that Tama has no proven record in producing in 1/6.

Not getting 2R is a huge kick in the nut sack though.

They have a clothed figure in the 12PM line. Anyway, 1/6 tailoring isn't voodoo magic - even SS can do it.

Last edited:
Every time this thread gets bumped I think, "this is it, today's the day of the product announcement for Tamashii's R2!".

Alas once again today brings disappointment.

Oh well, tomorrow, eh Vintij?

Every time this thread gets bumped I think, "this is it, today's the day of the product announcement for Tamashii's R2!".

Alas once again today brings disappointment.

Oh well, tomorrow, eh Vintij?

Sheit! Me too! Arghhhh!!!! Rabble rabble......

Back