Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except for the snow trooper, which was the pleasant suprise..i have absolutely zero excitements for new reveals

..would love to see them tackle the bounty hunters like amazing custom works of Runnen above.. troopers just boring now

I was hoping for more for the two lines but I really liked the 3PO. I need something else other than villains, this line has been going 3 years now.

I was hoping for more for the two lines but I really liked the 3PO. I need something else other than villains, this line has been going 3 years now.

more money spent at troopers I think..collectors usually buy a pair or more when come to trooper/guard type, like myself.

I think we are all thinking the same than a bro who said : " I'm getting a little bit of trooper fatigue"
They are cool but they have to make more different characters like Gamorean, Ig88, Yoda, Obiwan, another jedis, Amidala...
But they have to make scout troopers ;)

Actually I am not very excited with 1st Order troopers, Kylo Ren is cool but for me that is not the 2 first trilogies.

From my Gundam collecting days, Bandai is known for killing prototype after prototype. I just hope they announce something for the later part of this year. The Gamorrean and Scout Trooper are my most wanted now since we now got the Snow Trooper. Queen Amidala makes sense for Bandai's practice as you can do multiple versions of her with different color and I would like to see that figure. Don't see the need for Jedi figures but I would like to see Takeya's take on a Chewie.

more money spent at troopers I think..collectors usually buy a pair or more when come to trooper/guard type, like myself.

I bought 2 Stormtroopers and 2 Guards but otherwise doing singles and I'm still like 3 behind. I honestly think it's pretty ****** to release the last few figures with few accessories. When they initially revealed like the drummer and spearman I hoped they'd release a pack with multiple accessories so you could do what you want. I'm pretty done buying the same trooper mold over and over again.

I think we are all thinking the same than a bro who said : " I'm getting a little bit of trooper fatigue"
They are cool but they have to make more different characters like Gamorean, Ig88, Yoda, Obiwan, another jedis, Amidala...
But they have to make scout troopers ;)

Actually I am not very excited with 1st Order troopers, Kylo Ren is cool but for me that is not the 2 first trilogies.

Yep trooper fatigue. We need characters. Unfortunately for me the ST stuff isn't going to do it; I might by Kylo when he's 50% off.

Happy to see how much growth this line has became so far!
vv.jpg

My Yari Ashigaru is on his way, really happy to get him soon!

But in the mean time, I wanted to share my latest custom creation.. I have been mentionning my intent to create a Chewbacca figure for a long time now but I couldn't really find a good way to relate him to asian culture.. Wookies don't really wear armor so most of the stylization the other figures receive from the "samurai treatment" wouldn't apply to him. Then a few days ago I had an idea. With the announcement of C3PO I decided I really wanted to create my Rebel army but I'd like them to have a different feel from the imperial troopers, while still deeply embedded in asian culture.. I thought about it, Chewbacca is basically from a species of giant evolved primates.. and bam!

That's how Monkey King Chewbacca was born. Below is a small collage of pictures of various steps during the creation process. I started from a Marvel Legends Sasquatch figure. I shaved off its hair and glued it onto the chest/chin to add a thicker layer of fur there and give him more of a "bearded" look like Chewie has in his shaggier looks. Then I used epoxy putty to sculpt a new back for the head and add strands of fur to the sides, plus a layer of fur on the face, and canines in the mouth. I repainted everything to match, then another layer of paint and wash, with blonde highlights for the lighter fur patterns reminiscent of Chewie. Then it came to the accessories..

For those unfamiliar with Sun Wukong, here's a few pictures for reference : Google Image Results for "Sun Wukong Monkey King"

aliEMCf.jpg

The Monkey King, Sun Wukong, is known mostly for his staff, and all his incarnations have the colors red and gold as main motifs. I gave him a wrist-mounted crossbow as a version of Chewie's bowcaster, and a quiver with the Rebel Alliance emblem on it, like his crown / headgear. The Monkey King also has a long tail, but since Wookiees don't have tails I used the sash to give him a "tail look" with the long fabric blowing in the wind.

Then I created the staff from a metal rod, Bic pen caps and some LEGO greebles. The quiver for spare crossbow bolts is an arm-cannon from a broken figure from the 80s I found in my LEGO box! I added the bandolier Chewbacca is famous for, and voila.

Below are a few more pictures in the shelf.. you'll see the size comparison to the Phasma and Cardinal figures for now, until he's joined eventually by more Rebels.

8wnoBuL.jpg

u2r6eEA.jpg

z9oElap.jpg

wSo5Dtm.jpg

I hope you like him :) Feel free to leave comments!

My one comment is that you need to make all this unbelievable **** for me too. Wow! What'd you make the cross bow out of?

My one comment is that you need to make all this unbelievable **** for me too. Wow! What'd you make the cross bow out of?

That's a slightly modified Torque Bow from Gears of War figures I had in a box somewhere :) I cut off the grip, and simply repainted it to match the color theme. :)

Glad you like it!

Grat work on hair.
I see chewie more as Hibagon than Monkey king in Samurai SW world.

https://cryptidz.wikia.com/wiki/Hibagon

Thanks for the comments :) I originally pondered about a Hibagon as well, but I'm also a big fan of the Journey to the West legend, and I decided it would be fitting to have the Empire be more aligned on japanese culture and the Rebels more chinese, to sort of explain the cultural clash between them.

Thanks for the comments :) I originally pondered about a Hibagon as well, but I'm also a big fan of the Journey to the West legend, and I decided it would be fitting to have the Empire be more aligned on japanese culture and the Rebels more chinese, to sort of explain the cultural clash between them.

What ever the back story you did excelent job. Hopefully someone from Bandai is also on this forum

Hi again everyone! My Spearman arrived today but I've yet to unbox it because I was finishing up my latest customization, not quite as ambitious as the Monkey King Chewbacca I did last time though.

I used a spare Drummer and a Stormtrooper and made a First Order Flametrooper. The drum was repurposed and modified into a fuel barrel behind his back (I'd like to add a First Order banner on the top of the barrel, but I'll print it out this weekend probably). The drum sticks have been repurposed into torches to blow fire on, and I obviously modified the helmet heavily to make the visor much smaller to reduce glare from the fire as well as adding the tubes to bring fuel to the mouthpiece to project fire. I also repainted the figure entirely to give him a white glossy finish to fit in better with the upcoming First Order troopers, and to differentiate him more from the other "older" troopers.

O7rpCXk.jpg

BgTiIGL.jpg

IS4CCoV.jpg

Much simpler and probably less "impressive" than the fully original Chewbacca, but I'm still glad I added him to my collection because that's my favorite design from Episode VII. Although I realized after I took the pictures that I forgot to equip his katana sheath. /facepalm :)

Hope you like it, feel free to leave comments!

I'm probably going to work on a Jumptrooper next, I have a few ideas but it's not fully materialized in my mind yet. :)

Here's my look at the Bandai Star Wars Movie Realization Yari Ashigaru Spearman. A few QC issues with this one which is disappointing. Hopefully the new upcoming Snowtrooper brings something fresh to the series.

Good review, my dude. Nice to hear that Aussie accent everytime a new Movie Realization fig releases. Just saw a pic of you on another thread and saw you were of the Asian persuasion. Would not have guessed and I’m Asian too!

I just got 2 spear troopers in the mail so I’ll be opening them up soon. I’ll see if I have that loose torso issue too.

I haven't watch the video yet (will do later when I have time) but the "loose torso" is an easy fix. Take the top half off and you'll find the peg that it inserts with is actually sitting a bit lower than it should. If you twist it upwards so its sticking straight up, it clicks into the torso nicely like the other figures. I have two and they both came with it "bent" in the wrong direction causing the upper body to fall off. Both are tight now. It's not a fault just bad positioning.

Good review, my dude. Nice to hear that Aussie accent everytime a new Movie Realization fig releases. Just saw a pic of you on another thread and saw you were of the Asian persuasion. Would not have guessed and I’m Asian too!

Lol yeah not too many people think I'm Asian until they see me in photos or in my videos lol

Back