Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well except for the Vaders, Boba (might buy the white version)..and upcoming Jango/Maul...only 1 each is enough . "Troopers" type i bought a pair - storm trooper/sand trooper/archer to display

No need bootlegs for me...

Well except for the Vaders, Boba (might buy the white version)..and upcoming Jango/Maul...only 1 each is enough . "Troopers" type i bought a pair - storm trooper/sand trooper/archer to display (and 2 Red Guards also).

No need bootlegs for me...

If Bandai used more unique parts it wouldn't be so easy for the bootleggers. This is a niche line and sort of an odd one to pick out to KO to me; other than the fact that Bandai charges out the ass for these and like I said they reuse parts.

I often wonder why they picked this line but they never made a single SH Figuarts Star Wars bootleg?

If Bandai used more unique parts it wouldn't be so easy for the bootleggers. This is a niche line and sort of an odd one to pick out to KO to me; other than the fact that Bandai charges out the ass for these and like I said they reuse parts.

I often wonder why they picked this line but they never made a single SH Figuarts Star Wars bootleg?

Possibly due to the many articulations on Figuarts requiring a lot of work for posability, while these figures have more restricted articulation. Not that the articulation joints are any good on the bootlegs anyway, most of them snap right out of the socket inside the box!

But to be fair, that also happens to official figures. I just received my SDCC Prototype Ronin Boba Fett and right out of the box the leg snapped off the ball-joint and then the torso snapped off the waist joint, but thankfully there was no breakage so I was able to pop it back in. Official figures have far better joints and articulation, but it's still not quite perfect on some figures, and seems to particularly be the case on the exclusives, I remember the same thing happened on my SDCC Sandtrooper Corporal.

not to mention that i can't imagine them bootlegging the face-printing technology. they'd end up looking like black series figures ...

Possibly due to the many articulations on Figuarts requiring a lot of work for posability, while these figures have more restricted articulation. Not that the articulation joints are any good on the bootlegs anyway, most of them snap right out of the socket inside the box!

But to be fair, that also happens to official figures. I just received my SDCC Prototype Ronin Boba Fett and right out of the box the leg snapped off the ball-joint and then the torso snapped off the waist joint, but thankfully there was no breakage so I was able to pop it back in. Official figures have far better joints and articulation, but it's still not quite perfect on some figures, and seems to particularly be the case on the exclusives, I remember the same thing happened on my SDCC Sandtrooper Corporal.

Damn I haven't opened my proto Fett yet, I really hope it's fine. I didn't think about the number of parts needed; but they KO Transformers all the time with tons and tons of parts.

not to mention that i can't imagine them bootlegging the face-printing technology. they'd end up looking like black series figures ...

Yeah I know they can't do that but there's plenty of troopers to KO.

Speaking of Japan themed SW, this Vader in 1:6 Looks pretty cool.
52c4c11ad2f61b466bc8da6ffbc59909.jpg
5dd5da691d79efa32d9eeb118979911a.jpg

Hot damn I need to find that figure. Is it a new one or an old one. Hope it's not too expensive.

Hot damn I need to find that figure. Is it a new one or an old one. Hope it's not too expensive.

It's new. ETA in November. I checked on Toy Dao's FB but can't find any info on when/where to buy. Sent them a message so waiting for an answer.

With patience, getting him cheaper is a possibility. Recently scored last year's Sandtrooper for $100 at ThinkGeek.

Proto boba is the first in this line that I didn't care to get. Your pics are awesome though!

I was hesitant too when I first saw the reveal pictures of Proto Boba Fett, but I eventually fell in love with it, plus I love the concept arts of Ralph McQuarrie and it's a nice homage to it. Also, upon seeing more pictures of Jango Fett, I decided I wanted to make a Mandalorian Ronins display with Classic Boba Fett, Proto Boba Fett, Jango Fett and a soon-to-be custom Holiday Special Boba Fett.

If you can find it at a cheaper price, I'd say it's a figure well worth getting, it looks nicer than a simple repaint should, almost feels like a completely different character.

As for the pictures above, outstanding work, they look amazing!

White Boba will definitely looking good when pair with those normal troopers... amazing pic btw!:clap

Back