Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is anyone elses sword/sheath on their boba all awkward and too close to that thigh pouch? wonder if thats a wide spread molding prob.

anyone have link to the concept art they showed for more of these? curious how they will do a jedi.

Never had an issue with the sheath on my Boba Fett, it's close to the thigh pouch but not causing any problems for the poses I've been using personnally.

As for concept art for Jedi, there hasn't been any so far. The only concept art for potential future releases showed Queen Amidala, Jango Fett, a snowtrooper, Darth Maul, IG-88, a Gamorrean, a stormtrooper spearman and a shadowtrooper. Previous concept arts also featured the upcoming Stormtrooper Archer, so there is hope that at least some of the concepts are being released.

The figures so far have been based on classic trilogy, but I'd be surprised if they weren't already working on some Rogue One trooper variants.

adc447_6781d601606b4593a0a6dde1fa9d675c~mv2_d_4608_3456_s_4_2.jpg
adc447_67577d178e1c4fbda2bc22ac0da4ee71~mv2_d_4608_3456_s_4_2.jpg
adc447_54d87be3d6bb441ca4955f1dc9dbf6bd~mv2_d_4608_3456_s_4_2.jpg

If I had to make a wishlist for these, I'd ask for them to finish the classic troopers (snowtrooper, scout trooper), and it would be awesome to have a AT-AT Driver (with a chariot maybe, make it a more expensive pack) and a Death Star Gunner posing as a cannoneer with loading equipment and a cannon on wheels. And since they showed a concept for IG-88, I'd LOVE a band of all six bounty hunters from Empire Strikes Back... maybe make Dengar more ninja than samurai, especially with his head wrappings. Make Bossk wear a scary dragon mask so it's unsure if he's human or trandoshan under the armor, and have the two droids and Zuckuss get the usual treatment of adding kunai/katana/pouches/steampunk tech greebles all over them to fit the theme. :)

Realistically though, I expect we'll get the stormtrooper spearman (basically a retooled archer without the shoulder shield), the snowtrooper, the shadowtrooper (looks basically like a black regular stormtrooper), and probably Darth Maul out of these concept arts.

Finally done.
Bought bootleg Boba intentionally to customize it to Jango based on Bandai prototype. Some time into the process I decided to change some things to be more in line with original Jango (most notable torso armor is not all steel, but has black parts, also shoes are black as in original).

Boba in the pictures is original and is here just for comparison. Also one picture of Jango with "friends".

I was somewhat limited by available materials so could not replicate properly shank armor or pistol holders.

By the end of customizing I decided to make pistols out of bootleg ashigaru flintlocks. I hated them for not having the cocking mechanism and did not display them with my ashigarus. Sawed off front half of the barrel, sculpted stock, out of telescope sight made front (thin) part of barrel.

The figure is heavy weathered. Both rust and dirt. Especially proud of beating up the rocket pack.

This may not be Jango, but young Boba in his father/brother old and beaten up armor before he repainted it. That's the explanation why thigh pouches and shank armor are Bobas ;-)

I am not sure did Samurai have bare metal armor in period which is depicted by this line? Sure Jango is all about steel/chrome look.

Next project will most likely be snow trooper. I do not like the prototype pictures as they look more SW then Samurai. I mean the cloth covering the face is trademark look for snow trooper, but not samurai look. They could easily made those fake mustache present on many samurai armor extra long and be more samurai looking, but retaining snowtrooper look. Currently I am looking for original Japan inspiration. Does anybody have some pictures of shogunate era winter clothing?

This is AWESOME man, i've been planning to do the same for ages. I love the shade of purple you used on the parts that are meant to be fabric, it may not be accurate to the real Jango colours (they're pretty much perfect on the original movie realization and SHF figs), but it reminds me of silk, so maybe Jango here is japanese royalty? Or a really classy warrior. Great job

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M0CRVCP

6ffe1a6d8fc421520b7f2aa5f093c803.jpg

Yumi Ashigaru is now available to pre-order on Amazon for $85.99!

I like pre-ordering from Amazon because of their pre-order guarantee. If there are any price drops between the day you pre-order and delivery, they charge you the lowest price. I ended up getting Samurai Spider-man for $60.12. I don't think the Archer Stormtrooper price will drop as much though since it will probably be more popular.

Thanks for the link, I was waiting for this. :) I noticed they have the Samurai Iron Man up for order as well.

Thanks for the link, I was waiting for this. :) I noticed they have the Samurai Iron Man up for order as well.

No problem! Haha, yes, I also pre-ordered Samurai Iron-Man. Soon we can have the Avengers vs. the Empire!

Not my pics. Saw them on twitter

(poor quality) Shot of Darth Maul.

Tamashii Oct 27 2016.jpg

New pic.

Darth Maul 03.jpg

Love the diorama pieces (especially the stairs). Wish we could get those.

Thanks for the pictures. What is Vader holding in the second one?

think thats a old japanese style ornate hand held fan. EDIT- what Runnen said! ^^

is the maul wearing a kabuki style mask? hope so, prefer that over it being his actual face.

think thats a old japanese style ornate hand held fan. EDIT- what Runnen said! ^^

is the maul wearing a kabuki style mask? hope so, prefer that over it being his actual face.

Based on the tiny bad quality picture, it doesn't look like a mask, the head and horns look like they're all one piece, so doesn't look like a skullcap either... if that's the case then it's pretty disappointing because I'd prefer the characters to keep looking like samurai wearing armor/masks instead of aliens.. as it looks now, it looks more like a Play Arts Kai variant figure than a Samurai Star Wars figure, despite the curvy glaive weapon.

Based on the tiny bad quality picture, it doesn't look like a mask, the head and horns look like they're all one piece, so doesn't look like a skullcap either... if that's the case then it's pretty disappointing because I'd prefer the characters to keep looking like samurai wearing armor/masks instead of aliens.. as it looks now, it looks more like a Play Arts Kai variant figure than a Samurai Star Wars figure, despite the curvy glaive weapon.

sucks. glad you agree with me tho :hi5:

A better shot via thefwoosh

View attachment 301422

Thanks for posting it. It looks a smidge better, with the grimacing face looking a bit more like a oni mask, but it's hard to tell, we'll need official HD pictures of the face sculpt to be certain. The overall design is more toy'ish than usual in this line too, probably because this is the first character that's not wearing heavy armor.. The large beads necklace, the robes look nice, I'm not convinced by the shoulderpads and the leg guards, I'd have prefered a more ninja approach to Maul who is, after all, supposed to be a stealthy assassin.

This line has been amazing so far so I'm sure the official pictures will remove some worries, but this is the first time I'm not immediately throwing my wallet against my monitor when I see a new one.

As much as I love japanese culture and the samurai era in particular, I have to admit it never made much sense to me why they decided to "samurize" Marvel super heroes.

Some people may think it is odd for Star Wars too, but if you're a fan of Star Wars you already knew the movies drew heavy inspiration from old samurai movies and Flash Gordon serials, mixing the two cultures in a setting where spaceships and laser guns clashed with swords and characters wearing robes, so it always felt more natural for Star Wars.

Super heroes on the other hand are a very american cultural item, and as such these characters hardly look natural at all. I smiled when I saw the Spiderman one because the chain and hook was actually a clever move to replace the web, even though the blue and red armor looked a tad silly, but Iron Man and now "Captain America" seem just over the top silly, as well crated as these figures may be.

This reminds me more of "what if?" variants made by Play Arts Kai like Pirate Batman, Cowboy Batman or armored Spiderman rather than a line that "makes sense" like the samurai Star Wars line.

Definitely a pass for me, but I hope they focus more on Star Wars in the future, especially with more movies coming down the pipe, while the super hero craze seems to be on its last few good years.

Not too sure how i feel about this...

Yeesh... I'm with you there. This is the first time I've had reservations about the design. First thing that stood out to me was the lighter tone for the facial armor. I do get that they're combining Captain America's cowl design with traditional Japanese armor aesthetic though and I think it is growing on me. That face would definitely be intimidating.

What I really think is odd are the pentagrams and the shield design. Why not use solid stars? That's how Captain America looks and I've never seen anything that would indicate that a Japanese design would favor pentagrams. And the shield's flower petal rim just doesn't sit right with me. The rim doesn't look like something he could use to hit someone with. Maybe the designer wanted to really differentiate it from Captain America's original shield but I think the fact that it looks like it is made from multiple sections is enough.

I'd probably still buy it though.

I've been dying for a Darth Maul in this line. I am happy to see him but will agree I am not over the moon with how he turned out. I too was thinking something a little more streamlined and ninja-like.

Regardless I'm 100% getting him.

I'm not crazy for that Captain America but I'll still probably get him. I'm a sucker for anything Samurai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back