Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello!

This is my first post, I ahve been reading this thread as I really like this line, and I was thinking of getting one or two, I am interested on seeing differences on the lightsaber of the original and the bootleg versions, (is it translucent? is it fragile?) as at this moment getting one of the originals would be very difficult, due to the weak currency of my country, I have been reading opinions and I find strong opinions on both sides (getting bootlegs and originals) I just want to know more to take the next step.

Thanks in advance and I hope to be active and share images of my collection soon!

The sad part is that it sold out. Now they are going to keep price hiking. It's only worth what you'll pay, amiright sideshow, amiright.

The sad part is that it sold out. Now they are going to keep price hiking. It's only worth what you'll pay, amiright sideshow, amiright.

I saw they 'sold out' yesterday, but now they have a ton more available. I like and use BBTS, but especially with the SWMR line I've seen them 'sell out' all the time only to have mysterious new stock (and not just the odd cancelled 1-2 items) when it gets released. The Royal Guard was sold out there forever, but when they came in they had lots of them for a good while. If I'm reading the Tamashii site correctly the preorders from them don't officially start until the 30th. Since the web exclusives are made to order everyone should be able to get them. Barnes & Noble in the States has carried all of the regular and Tamashii exclusives so far as well, so there should be no problem getting them at decent prices (and even discounted prices).

Hey Freaks, long time lurker first time poster, and all that. I've had a few of these since this time last year. I've been curious about the bootlegs for a while now, and after scrutinizing this thread, I decided to pick one up. So here's an unboxing of a bootleg and a comparison with a real trooper, fwiw.

image_zpsqytwpixb.jpeg

Bootleg box doesn't have the "small parts" warning.

image_zpsqip1phsy.jpeg

Nor the Bluefin decal

image_zpsebur4gar.jpeg

Larger and crudely folded instruction sheet.

image_zpsbmruyi2k.jpg
Leg was detached in packaging.

image_zpsbdabzfu9.jpg
It snaps right back on.

image_zpsbh1cckt7.jpg
The neck armor doesn't hang right.

image_zpswpj0nuj3.jpg
It's molded that way.

image_zpsccnhoooz.jpg
Big difference.

image_zpsovapjtvq.jpg
image_zpspeotgkkm.jpg
image_zpsgtqxlkvg.jpg
image_zpsmhmketml.jpg
Armor is very sloppy on the back of his helmet.

image_zpsuu4xlzat.jpg
image_zpszqvrccim.jpg
image_zpso6jq7j3r.jpg
This happened while posing. Snaps back on, and a spot of glue should fix it.

image_zpsdxkkq43s.jpg
Sword has some weird ripples in it.

image_zpsdjwu5jgu.jpg
It was a tight fit, as others have stated, until the scabbard split...

image_zpsvvb9sdc4.jpg
The scabbard attachment (?) tends to pop off fairly easily, and the peg seems overly long.

image_zpsjthbr47e.jpg
Bootleg on top

image_zpsqhwx79zu.jpg
Bootleg on left

image_zpstezdajld.jpg
No matchlock on arquebus

image_zpsgn5d97qn.jpg
Detail of difference in molding/paint, etc

image_zpsay6tdwhb.jpg
I got him for $30 shipped on Ebay. I really like him, and as others have posted, if you dont mind making some corrections here and there, it's well worth it if you want to army build on even a small scale. I'd definitely buy more.

image_zpsugwf2oea.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I'm having a hard time with getting photos right. Here's some side by sides

image_zpslvjkjlta.jpg
He's a little short for a storm trooper.

image_zpswatalted.jpg

image_zpsccnhoooz.jpg

image_zps76dccmlu.jpeg

image_zpshrrz7g0c.jpg

image_zpskzwsej8c.jpg

image_zpshlhqisuj.jpg

image_zpsfhc4fqlm.jpeg

Hey Freaks, long time lurker first time poster, and all that. I've had a few of these since this time last year. I've been curious about the bootlegs for a while now, and after scrutinizing this thread, I decided to pick one up. So here's an unboxing of a bootleg and a comparison with a real trooper, fwiw.

Thanks for sharing Dave! Interesting to see the differences between the original and bootleg

Thanks for the comparison and pictures, it seems that as others said, you get your buck´s worth, I think it is a good option for customs and for people that have a limited budget for figures and hobby related stuff.

Well that's odd. Based on the paint, build quality, sword handle and working mechanism on the arquebus, I'd assume that my Stormtrooper was the real deal (considering I bought it from eBay UK). However looking at the box, it doesn't have the Bluefin logo or choking hazard warning.

If mine is a bootleg, then I must've got a pretty good one as it looks great and it has solid joints. Not had a single issue with anything being loose.

I keep walking past others in this line when I pop into London's Forbidden Planet. Would really love to pick up Boba Fett or one of the other troopers.

boot legs look good. But I'll stick to the originals. Just need to wait to grab them with possible discounts. Only own two (Boba Fett and SDCC Sandtrooper) but I'm loving this line so much. Eyeing the DeathStar Vader next and going to pre-order the Archer. I know it's not Star Wars, but on the fence on the Spiderman as well. Now to wait for another B&N code.

Well that's odd. Based on the paint, build quality, sword handle and working mechanism on the arquebus, I'd assume that my Stormtrooper was the real deal (considering I bought it from eBay UK). However looking at the box, it doesn't have the Bluefin logo or choking hazard warning.

If mine is a bootleg, then I must've got a pretty good one as it looks great and it has solid joints. Not had a single issue with anything being loose.

I keep walking past others in this line when I pop into London's Forbidden Planet. Would really love to pick up Boba Fett or one of the other troopers.

I checked the boxes of my troopers as well since I don't remember mine having the choking hazard warning, or maybe the one's distributed by Bluefin have it? I bought my troopers at amiami and the exclusives directly from p-bandai site and they all don't have it.

Woah, surely the BBTS price of $169.99 for the Yumi Archer figure is a mistake?!?! At that price I will have to look elsewhere!

Has anyone internationally ordered from nippon-yasan? I've only used Amiami and HLJ previously out of Japan, and they've been great. Does nippon-yasan protect their items as well as Amiami and HLJ for international shipping?

Bluefin is only the distributor in the US. Those things were added by them and won't be on Japanese sourced figures. If the mounding, paint and joints don't have the bootleg flaws then you are unlikely to have a fake. Sure tell of a fake would be the missing flintlock on the rifle.

Woah, surely the BBTS price of $169.99 for the Yumi Archer figure is a mistake?!?! At that price I will have to look elsewhere!

Has anyone internationally ordered from nippon-yasan? I've only used Amiami and HLJ previously out of Japan, and they've been great. Does nippon-yasan protect their items as well as Amiami and HLJ for international shipping?

I get my exclusives from Big In Japan. Quick shipping after release and well packed. I'd post a link but they are doing site maintenance right now.

I'll just have to ignore exclusives. BBTS is charging an outrageous price and I won't pre-pay at NY for something coming out in 6 months or so.

Back