Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work, but the thought of using the exclusive as the base is making me cry. Does look great though and I like the Vader arm and sword on the back very much.

Yeah, I hear where you're coming from. And I myself hesitated for a brief moment as well when I was at their booth, pondering whether or not I should go ahead with the purchase for that reason I'd intended. Especially when I found out that they were planning on bringing out their Shadowtrooper samurai, but I'll come back to that in a moment.
I also should clarify, that I myself already own one of each figure, a Stormtrooper samurai, Boba Fett, Royal Guard and a Sandtrooper with orange shoulderpad, a Darth Vader Death Star.
So, it is not like this would've been my very first purchase of this line just for that, for that would've been truly offensive to all of you guys that couldn't make it out there, I agree.
When I thought about it, to me?, the only thing that makes this "exclusive", if you boil it down to it: is only the shoulderpad; the rest is exactly the same as a regular one. Only the realisation that there is also a second sandtrooper white shoulderpad included, for more diversity, is what made me go ahead with my purchase. That was my choice of reasoning behind it.
True, I could've perhaps just bought this one, painted my regular sandtrooper black and than switched out the shoulderpads, and gotten the same result, you see.

To come back to their very own planned Shadowtrooper: I spoke to them at their booth, and one of them said that "Though it wasn't set in stone yet, but they thought about making the Shadowtrooper samurai a possible exclusive for next year." (His words literally)
Upon which I responded "Please, make it available for the whole market. Most of us won't even be able to make it out to Orlando next year."
Where the guy replied with "Well, maybe we will. We'll see."
So you see, it isn't even a certainty at this point, that the official Shadowtrooper will become available for all.
That is why I went ahead with my choice of customizing, not waiting for their final marketing decision.

Hey guys, I recently purchased this Ronin Boba Fett from eBay UK and it's only after I purchased it, I found out that there are bootlegs out there for this line.

Any ideas on if this is a legit figure I've just bought? Thanks.

Sorry but I think it's a bootleg. Paint does not look at sharp as mine and slightly different in parts. Some of the molding looks a bit soft suggesting a recast and I can't imagine a genuine one with the shoulder paldron loose in the box. Hope I'm wrong.

Damn. Thanks. Good thing he hasn't posted it yet either I guess, I'll message and see if I can get a refund.

Looking at his other items, he's selling Dragonball Z figuarts with "Non-Bandai" in the title. Nothing like that for the Boba Fett. The only thing Boba Fett has is the item description saying that the figure is not the Japanese version and is manufactured in China. Half the items from Tamashii Nations release in both Japanese and English boxes (Japanese Example / English example), and pretty much every figure is made in China - so not the best of clarifications there. Bloody annoying.

Usually if they write China version in the description it means it's a bootleg.

True, but this one says manufactured in china, which the legit ones are, so its not really clear from the description. The price is a little low, but it's also a UK seller from within the UK. So really, I think only the pictures give definitive clues as to it's authenticity.

Messaged the seller and I already have all my money back. I didn't want to chance it.

Thanks for the response here guys, it was helpful!

Excellent. Hope you find a genuine one at an ok price. Boba really is a nice figure.

Has anyone posted these yet? Not feeling like checking each page....

https://www.facebook.com/SUHAIMIsGULLIVERsChronicles/posts/972533242865680

13707661_972532762865728_3306529362105810871_n.jpg

13707552_972532756199062_3735415350851700644_n.jpg

If there's ANYONE at SDCC that can get me the SDCC exclusive sandtrooper, please PM me! I will pay for the figure + shipping + a bit of money for your troubles. Please someone help me!

You could add a 12" Sandtrooper to the collection at that priced not so long ago :panic:

I'd really like to add this to my collection, actually i'd get two so i can display both black and white pauldron, but my priorities lie elsewhere right now and i just can't spare that much money on a 6" figure. As awesome as it looks.

Back