Talking To Your Kids About Star Wars...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Important.

And if you're a good parent you'll keep you kids away from the prequels.:wink1:

I wouldn't push SW on any kid, if they like it they'll come to it. I tried this with my daughter and now she hates it. (she thinks it's just for boys, either that or seeing ep1 first scared her when she was 5) But when she gets older she may understand.(shes almost 9 now, so i give it a few more years so she can truly understand them) But even Lucas says SW is aimed at 12 yr old boys so.....

I don't have any children but I let my nephew borrow the OT when he was around 5 when he asked who the statues (SW PF's) were.....he's like 7 now and asked his mom the other day how he can become a Jedi. I always get him something SW's for his b'day every year. I think when I do have kids I'll just watch them with them and let them figure out if it's their thing or not.

My kids always loved SW.
They're 10 and 7 now, but since they were little tykes they liked the figures and movies. My son obviously likes it more than my daughter, but both enjoy the movies.

LOL..."Jar Jar Binks kills puppies".

Asylum isn't very cool...but I did win a T-shirt from them once for pointing out that they called a Clone Trooper mask a Stormtrooper mask.

Well because my mother tongue isn't English I think I would wait until they could read the subtitles (I hate dubbing of movies and I don't want to hear what a Dutch Darth Vader sounds :slap). I think it's important for them to understand the movies and not only have them look at it because it's cool.
And ofcourse I would begin with ANH :monkey3

Back