Takara Catwoman, Hot Toys Batman reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheObsoleteMan said:
Yeah, she appears to be reaching for the batpole.

:rotfl I swear I was going to mention that too, but held back as "someone" would have suggested she was guarding herself from it -- which is even more impressive :rotfl

Last edited:
Collector Freak said:
:rolleyes: I'm not speaking in riddles here.

No, you're just communicating poorly. I honestly have no idea which one you prefer - how would I know unless I've read it in some other thread?

galactiboy said:
I really wish that the Cy-Girls would go with more realistic headsculpts... the Barbie-ish nature just doesn't work.

Oh yes it does ;) Works beautifully.

Just defended this point over RTAF-D. Besides being a huge advocate for rooted hair in 1/6th femmes I do feel that the unblemished cleanliness and ever so slight translucence of naked vinyl works a hell of a lot better on attractive female figures than painted flesh and make-up.

As for realism - well, for me there's far more character and life in that face than in a wide assortment of Sideshow's over-painted (and oft glassy-eyed) femmes.

Nick

As usual I agree with nearly the entire review. The one thing that I disagree a bit with relates to the headsculpt which I do think very well represents Selina Kyle and has quite a lot of character. I don't think it's terribly generic, although it certainly could be more detailed. Too bad more detailed frequently doesn't seem to work very well in 1/6th. But otherwise I agree with everything in the review and I agree it's the best "Batman" figure so far. Just a very nice looking figure as the Cool Girls generally are.

By the way, I like both of the Batman Begins figures but ended up keeping Hot Toys Batman rather than Takara. And while I like both I actually prefer the Takara, but Hot Toys Batman just looks better to me with Hot Toys Superman. Probably just my neurosis but I didn't care to have Batman noticably taller than Superman since I'm displaying them together. I know, I'm nuts. But if I wasn't a little nuts, I wouldn't have either version, would I?

MiskatonicNick said:
Just defended this point over RTAF-D. Besides being a huge advocate for rooted hair in 1/6th femmes I do feel that the unblemished cleanliness and ever so slight translucence of naked vinyl works a hell of a lot better on attractive female figures than painted flesh and make-up.
As for realism - well, for me there's far more character and life in that face than in a wide assortment of Sideshow's over-painted (and oft glassy-eyed) femmes.

Nick

Personally I hate the Cy Girl type heads. Give me a sculpt like Dragon's Amy for Catwoman any day, that was a painted female head that looks good and looks so much more real than the fakeish barbie clone Cy Girls. Just MHO.

MiskatonicNick said:

Nick

i agree w/ Nick. the naked plastic (which i usually don't care for on male figs) works very well on a "glamour" type fem, IF the eyes and lips are nicely painted.

oh and what's RTAF-D?

Darth Kustomizer said:
I can't do it!

I just can't get past that huge melon of a head, on the Catwoman figure, once she has her headgear on.

On this one I gladly pass.

That's what killed it for me, too. (That and I don't like the painted eye-lashes on the face.)

Catwoman arrived today and I think it's an awesome figure! The costume is perfect, couldn't be improved any further. The paint on the head could be a lot better. I've noticed the paint ops on CY heads have gotten worse since Blue Box ceased releasing them.
Now the helmet head thing, yeah it's a little big but it kind of works with the proportions of the figure. The basic head itself is a tad on the small side, so when the helmet is on it looks proportional.

The most outstanding things about the figure are the multiple hands, (especially the claw hands) the boots, The costume, and her whip. I love that whip! :zzwhip

Back