T2 endoskull 1:1 combat version connection to supply voltage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sondino123

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought the endoskull two weeks ago.
My idea: To spare batteries I could connect the endoskull to the supply voltage.
I did not find here a thead concerning my plan.

Did someone got the same idea and realised it? Perhaps I can get a manual?

I couldn't find information about the light-up eyes: Are these LEDs or conventional bulbs?

Thanks for your help!! :)

Sondino

I would add up all the voltages on the batteries combined. I'm quessing it would be around four batteies so it would be 6 volts. If that is correct you will need to get a transformer that converts mains to 6 volts and outputs in DC.

They should have done this as they did with Darth Vader Premium Format, he has both batteries and AC adapter.

Thaks for your answers! :)

@tyler: The skull works with 3 batteries, type AA 1,5 V.

@jkno: You are right. I cannot understand, why sideshow didn't inegrate a socket for feed ecelctric power by supply voltage.

Does anybody know, how the eyes work: LED or normal bulbs?

Thanks for your answers.

Thaks for your answers! :)

@tyler: The skull works with 3 batteries, type AA 1,5 V.

@jkno: You are right. I cannot understand, why sideshow didn't inegrate a socket for feed ecelctric power by supply voltage.

Does anybody know, how the eyes work: LED or normal bulbs?
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
Thanks for your answers.

Been wondering that myself...

@T.W.G.: my respect. Great feat!! Thank you for your information.

Am I the only one endo-owner, who had the idea to connect it to the main supply? :confused:

@T.W.G.: my respect. Great feat!! Thank you for your information.

Am I the only one endo-owner, who had the idea to connect it to the main supply? :confused:

Thank you :)

No, you're not alone. I'm planning to do the same. I will connect my 3 busts to a power supply to switch them on via remote.
It's not required to waste batteries for that :)

btw: The endo looks much better when you only use 2 instead of 3 batteries!
There are things like "phantom batteries" available; I don't know the right word but it looks like a plastik batterie with a metal pin inside to let the current flow through it.

Great tip, thank you! I will follow your idea to test the skull with two batteries.
"Phantom batteries"? Are you from Germany (like me)? You informed about the bulbs named "Lumi LEDs" in Germany? If, perhaps you could give me the german word for the "phantom battery".

... me again

I tried it with two batteries. I bypassed the "missing" pile. The light seem to have nearly the same power; the eyes light up not lower. I cannot find any difference.

Yep, hello from Germany :)

german word is "Batterie Adapter" or "Batterie Gehäuse".

german explanation:
Das sind Kunststoffgehäuse in der jeweiligen Batterieform in denen dann ein Metallstab als durchgehender Kontakt bzw. Überbrückung eingelassen ist. Evtl. bei Conrad oder Reichelt zu finden.
Zur Not tut's ja auch ein Kabel zwischen den Kontakten; so habe ich das gemacht.

english:
I'm wondering why you don't see any difference after removing the 3rd battery!? As far as I remember there was a noticable difference as it was not as bright as before. I had the tip from this forum or https://www.statueforum.com/

5 hours of work, are you kidding? Mine was done in about 20 mins - I found a 4.5volt power supply and simply connected the + and - to the correct two contacts in the battery compartment, hey presto it works exactly the same as though batteries are inside. If you want to know which PSU I used, it is the correct one that is used to charge the Nintendo 3DS, you just buy that, cut off the mini USB plug, open the endoskulls's battery compartment and connect the - to the bottom left connector and the + to the top right connector, secure it with scotch tape, replace the battery cover with the cable sticking out and it should work fine and behave the same as if 3 batteries were inside. Have fun kids!

what did you use for the clear eye lenses ?
My T-800 Life Size Figure needs a make over .

what did you use for the clear eye lenses ?
My T-800 Life Size Figure needs a make over .

Back